[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
larsahh_ wrote:
"
tivanenk wrote:
Thanks, you were certainly an inspiration to me, got me into crafting for the first time, and this is the highest I took my character. What's your next project looking to be?

Farm some currency, finish off 4040, I'm doing challenges strictly with no buying, carried or offered by any people this league, to try and see if I can do it, in preparation for maybe playing 100% SSF next league.

And perhaps leveling a second char to 100 with similar path in my mind, craft my own gear, and min/max! Haven't just decided what I want to play, Maybe the try out cold conversion of SST, maybe play one of the new skills, as long as it's not a totem build! :D

Maybe you can optimize Boneshatter Juggernaut. If anybody could do it, it's you! ;)
"
larsahh_ wrote:
Here comes most likely my last gear update for this character in Expedition!

It took about a month to fully min/max this char and it's probably as far as I can take it, with exception of couple influence slams/finishing off shield with Aisling/influence but most of these things are minor now and wont affect dps, mostly manking the character even tankier.

Ended up with over 9m Sirus dps with flasks up (Not 100% sure on the number due to Cruelty gem) and about 11m+ normal dps. About ~7k life atm with Divine Flesh, 76/76 block when Hit and immunity to freeze/chill. I have room for another jewel for my setup and perhaps upgrading some of them, but those are either incredibly overpriced atm or dont exist!

It can become incredibly hard to min/max this kind of character due it being meta/pricy and some very specific crafts involve lot of rng and gogain if you fail! (My body armour took 11 awakener orbs attempts to get the third suffix open, and that via "lucky" Annul, despite several times trying to save it with non influence to influence, but it would always hit a suffix)

I'm just looking to give inspiration to others who attempt to also min/max this and get some ideas for different itemslots!

Spoiler

for speedclearing maps instead of swift afflication

I had an earlier version of your build saved off as a goal I would never reach, and it looks like you switched from Lifetap and Cannibalistic Rite to Divergent Chance to Bleed. Seems like a solid choice at any point, but were you waiting to hit a certain threshold or get other gear before switching?
"
dumptruckzzz wrote:

I had an earlier version of your build saved off as a goal I would never reach, and it looks like you switched from Lifetap and Cannibalistic Rite to Divergent Chance to Bleed. Seems like a solid choice at any point, but were you waiting to hit a certain threshold or get other gear before switching?

I needed the socketed attacks have -15 total mana cost body armour and 2 rings with open prefixes to get my total mana cost down to -30 to feel comfortable to go mana based instead of Lifetap (Also mana based SST gets over 20% more dmg multiplier from supports)! So my current mapclear mana cost is 9 mana, and bossing manacost is 6 mana. I countered it with also 2 items that give me flat mana regen.

I really like Lifetap support tho, together with Cannibalistic Rite - you will always have full life when clearing maps. Other option to keep Cannibalistic Rite even as mana based, you can leave your Whirling Blades/Shield Charge setup with lvl 1 Lifetap so it's always up and you still get 2% life per kill.
But I needed the last gemslot for a lvl 4 empower to further boost my War Banner and Malevolence!
Last edited by larsahh_ on Aug 26, 2021, 5:22:36 PM
Are you planning to supplement it all with a perfect 3 mod watcher's eye?
"
tivanenk wrote:

I think that's too expensive tbh sadly, or there wont exist any Watcher's Eye's like that in this league!

Anyway, I decided it was time to try my luck on my shield!

It's finally done!

Currently sitting at 2.1m dps, I feel like I'm at that point where everything is pretty expensive to upgrade.

Spoiler

My gloves are my best item by far, that's for sure.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
"
larsahh_ wrote:
"
tivanenk wrote:

I think that's too expensive tbh sadly, or there wont exist any Watcher's Eye's like that in this league!

Anyway, I decided it was time to try my luck on my shield!

It's finally done!

Not really, you still need to fully white socket it and then toss it at the mercy of the Locus of Corruption. :)
I double corrupted my Lioneye's and ended up with +1 socketed gems (and 5% reduced lightning damage taken), so with that, a 21/20 SST, and a +1 phys/+1 dex amulet, I have lvl 24 SST for the damage bump. However, I think a phys damage over time multi amulet would scale better, yeah? I haven't really figured out how to configure PoB for this build, so I'm not sure, but I'm thinking I should sell my Lioneye's for all those cold conversion builds and spend the revenue on something else. Thoughts?

Thanks for all the info those of you who have been active in this thread; the original build guide doesn't seem agile enough to reflect all that's been going on in 3.15, but you guys have been great.

Last edited by boofleft2 on Aug 26, 2021, 10:52:28 PM
I have all gems at 20/20 now, which should I corrupt? And should I double corrupt? Never done that, is that the one in alva temple?

Crafted a frenzy chest, since clearing maps is pretty much a joke already with my gear, really need those charges on bosses.
Costed more than I expected to craft it, mostly spammed shrieking greeds until I was almost broke and started with screaming greeds. Hopefully its worth the exalts, just didnt find a better chest yet and no option to multi influence items.
Last edited by ressiv on Aug 27, 2021, 3:10:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info