[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
Binjoe wrote:
Hi all,
I just started the levelling for this build.
I have a question, probably dumb but there is Something that i do not understand.
How do you proc and generate the sentinels of purity with Sirius where there is no trash mob to kill?
I understand that the sentineks are generated when you kill but in Sirus and some other Boss, there is no trash mob so how do i do?
Thanks for all
Cheers from a noob

Read the skill info for Herald of Purity, you also summon sentinels 20% chance on hit of a rare or unique enemy, if your defenses aren't strong enough to stand next to him and risk getting hit by a bunch of things then switch your BV to Bladefall and run around spamming Bladefall on him, that's what I do because the new tracking DIE DIE DIE and larger spinning beams are a huge pain in the butt. Same applies to any of the bosses you have this issue with, just switch to bladefall. You'll take a huge damage hit if you're not standing close enough to them for your auras to reach but at least you wont die and can just run around avoiding boss mechanics.
"
WildThangPack wrote:
Not sure what I'm doing wrong on POB. My POB DPS seems to be very low. In game, I can clear T16 easy with some deaths here or there. All bosses kills are kinda slow but killable with 7 sentinels. Already invested 10-20ex. Not sure where to go next. Might un-spec Golems as they keep dying and opens room for another cluster. Any advise would be appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/AuLRJgz8

For the passive tree I recommend constantly looking at changes you can make while you change gear especially with clusters, I've never changed my tree as much as I have with this build and in this league. I dropped the golem tree, the extra 100 hp I get from it and the piddly amount you get from a carrion golem along with the fact it takes another slot seems like a poor trade off imo though someone could correct me but thats been my experience with the golem nodes. I put minion life and meatshield on stone golem and spectre till I get a minion life helmet/+ minion gem level to help keep them alive. Working on moving some stuff around to life regen for minions to stop the specs from dying since they dont enough damage to sustain their life through leech and are more of a support role in this build.

You have a level 6 blood and sand in your pastebin, should be flesh and stone (and level 20 obviously) If you arent using blood and sand because you dont have the mana then turn off spider aspect till you get enough reserved mana reduction

You only have 4 of your herald of purity gems turned on so pob is going to show a ton less damage. I'd use impale, melee phys, frenzy, brutality, multistrike on your purity. Can swap out feeding frenzy for minion damage on bosses, use frenzy for mapping because it greatly effects clear speed. (I just use frenzy for everything because im lazy)

Buy new minion jewels with 30+ life, minion attack + cast speed on kill, and minion movement speed, anything else is a bonus and these stats on a jewel you can find for 5-20c, 20c usually being 35hp+ on it, I dont really find the need for taunt etc abyss jewels in this build since everything just dies. Especially get rid of that cobalt jewel. 35-40 hp on the jewels will give you 100+ hp per jewel. With just like 40c investment on changing all your jewels you'll get 400hp more tons of move speed and attack speed on them. Dont worry about any extra mods that give elemental damage because brutality snuffs that out so you wont die to ele reflect.

The guide for some reason didn't mention anything about the mana leech on the gloves being useless and I originally made the same mistake you did (unless thats just what you were able to get) You should be able to replace those easily with something with some more useful stats, i rolled one with blind which does work with bv unlike mana leech which is attack based not spell.

Levels are king in this build, so at least buy a level 21 herald of purity, you've already spent 10-20 ex on it but still have a level 20 gem, each extra level is between 100k-200k per minion additional (dependent on other stats as well) You can also get the 23 quality on top of it for a 2 ex difference but whether you want to pay 2 ex for 3% extra movespeed on them is up to personal preference lol.

If you're using aspect of the spider as well it's not ticked on pob so you're missing that calculation as well in your pob total damage. Though could be disabled for mana reservation reasons.

I'd worry more about getting a +1 sent enchant on your helmet than the + socketed minion level modifier at the start and that 20% damage on a bone helmet is negligible if you're looking to save money on crafting or buying a new helm, just go for eternal burg or something similar, but till you can afford that just grab anything with useful stats with the purity enchant.

You also have no healing flask though I am going to take a guess that for some reason its just not there and you do use one lol

I don't use convocation because it doesnt feel necessary just run off and leash your minions to you, I haven't had an issue where they get stuck, only annoying thing is GGG seems to have programed deliriums strangely and the heralds will run after all the small mobs before touching one of the bosses that pop up in them though I'd guess death mark would fix that if you cared about it, its just a slight annoyance doesn't really cause issues. I put flame dash in that slot so I dont have to worry about doors and cliffs since whirling blades wont. I still use whirling though because its fast and great for proccing fort.

You should be able to use all the correct auras (with if you replace your neck and anoint charisma on it because the current anointment you have does literally nothing for this build. Also can use mana catalysts on your rings to increase the mana reduction amount for herald of purity

Find 8 passive skill points somewhere to get Spiritual Command and Purity of Flesh to path towards it.

Your POB also isnt showing what you're using thread of hope for so I'm going to assume its on cruel preparation, ravenous horde, and heart and soul and , if not do that as well as you can move one of your 5% hp nodes to the Mana and Life node to the right of Heart and Soul for an extra tiny bit of mana in your pool.

You're also wasting a socket unless my pob is glitched on your large jewel, drop one of the small passives going to call to the slaughter, might also want to get a new large cluster that has renewal instead of feasting fiends on it.

Quality meat shield to 20.

Should increase your actual damage by 300k-500k per minion, im showing your minions at just over 1.1 million with feeding frenzy if I fix your gems (like flesh + stone) and the herald links in pob.

Oh and make sure when you use flesh and stone to toggle it twice each time you die because sand is the first stance and you want blood.

I think I covered everything if I missed anything feel free to let me know, sorry for the huge long post there was just a lot to fix lol.

Heres my pob if interested, https://pastebin.com/E3XwRnMG ignore the flasks and some of it might look a bit strange because of not needing a couple mana reservation nodes at the moment since I got charisma on my neck. And I dropped death attunement since my specs still die all the time in places like level 18-20 simulcrum and 100% deliriums so I didnt see a point in pathing it at the moment till I get some more survivability for them. And I get a lot more using those passive points to socket another medium cluster.

Edit: Also make sure you're using POB fork so it calculates impale dps because that would be another reason it lists your damage so low. (Dont know if this has been added without the fork yet since I always use it)

Edit: Link to pob fork https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/
Last edited by Curs3dfox on Apr 26, 2020, 8:43:09 PM
"
Curs3dfox wrote:
You only have 4 of your herald of purity gems turned on so pob is going to show a ton less damage. I'd use impale, melee phys, frenzy, brutality, multistrike on your purity. Can swap out feeding frenzy for minion damage on bosses, use frenzy for mapping because it greatly effects clear speed. (I just use frenzy for everything because im lazy)

I switched feeding frenzy to multistrike some time ago. The effect on dps is massive with this change. I only get to ~1,7 million per sentinel with frenzy and it jumps to ~2,7 million when replaced with multistrike/brutality/awakened minion dmg. So with one gem change total dps (5 sentinels) jumps with ~5 million. Yeah the clear speed is every so slightly slower but my playstyle is that I zoomzoom through mobs and sentinels come afterwards to just sweep the floor. It's really quick this way also. With feeding frenzy they are slightly more aggressive but the difference was smaller than I expected so I prefer more dps all the time. I play standard so no cluster jewel tricks here. If you get much higher in dps with cluster jewels then it probably won't matter if you use feeding frenzy all the time.

Also I'm not sure how people are having such a hard time spawning sentinels with blade vortex. I have no problems at all, not even on sirus. Of course with Sirus you need to keep up with him when he teleports, that might be difficult sometimes in the chaotic environment. On maps, sentinels are pretty much always up. I've noticed that whirling blades is also great way to spawn sentinels and you should use it pretty much all the time anyway since it triggers fortify.
Last edited by patouskii on Apr 27, 2020, 3:31:55 AM
I'm having trouble really pushing this much more on trade alone. I'm at 9 sentinels approx 2.7M DPS / sentinel. Simulcrum farming is fine through t20 mostly deathless, though double boss t20 did cost me a few lives. I think i need to go farm up some awakened orbs and really learn to craft to get some better gear. Overall, gear investment is probably in the realm of 20ex or so total. In terms of health regen, i think i could fit another surging vitality (got one GG roll earlier with 3 passives and 12health + 8 dex), i think 7K hideout armor, running 2x cultleader and 2x disciples for 18 static phys regen off the disciples.

I'm struggling with how multistrike works on this build. It doesnt seem terribly accretive based on investment, but it might just be for the GG build this league.

This cluster heavy league has definitely been fun but i have to assume damage is going to regress across pretty much all builds next league with the increased rarity of clusters, which is kind of a bummer.

Any recommendations? Some of my gear is 5-10c gear and some is 5-10ex
"
fong249 wrote:
I'm having trouble really pushing this much more on trade alone. I'm at 9 sentinels approx 2.7M DPS / sentinel. Simulcrum farming is fine through t20 mostly deathless, though double boss t20 did cost me a few lives. I think i need to go farm up some awakened orbs and really learn to craft to get some better gear. Overall, gear investment is probably in the realm of 20ex or so total. In terms of health regen, i think i could fit another surging vitality (got one GG roll earlier with 3 passives and 12health + 8 dex), i think 7K hideout armor, running 2x cultleader and 2x disciples for 18 static phys regen off the disciples.

I'm struggling with how multistrike works on this build. It doesnt seem terribly accretive based on investment, but it might just be for the GG build this league.

This cluster heavy league has definitely been fun but i have to assume damage is going to regress across pretty much all builds next league with the increased rarity of clusters, which is kind of a bummer.

Can't think of anything that wouldn't be obvious like a helmet with influenced minion skills, a +2 amulet, but less obvious you can get an increased duration + 90%+ armor basalt flask instead of what you're using now. And if you're dying in simulcrums at all it means you stopped moving, just keep moving, I'm not even kidding, literally just spam whirling blades all over the places and just avoid getting hit the best you can, remember you can just let your minions do all the work you don't NEED to get all the benefits of your auras, you can let the minions kill things slightly slower so you don't blow up especially when you're at high dps output anyways
Last edited by Curs3dfox on Apr 27, 2020, 2:16:47 PM
"
Curs3dfox wrote:
"
fong249 wrote:

Can't think of anything that wouldn't be obvious like a helmet with influenced minion skills, a +2 amulet, but less obvious you can get an increased duration + 90%+ armor basalt flask instead of what you're using now. And if you're dying in simulcrums at all it means you stopped moving, just keep moving, I'm not even kidding, literally just spam whirling blades all over the places and just avoid getting hit the best you can, remember you can just let your minions do all the work you don't NEED to get all the benefits of your auras, you can let the minions kill things slightly slower so you don't blow up especially when you're at high dps output anyways

Definitely looking at flask optimization. Grabbed a 21/23 HOP to tack on about 250K more DPS, so right at 2.99M DPS/Sentinel right now with 9 sentinels. Based on my pretty casual play of the game, i'm in pretty good shape damage wise and its really mechanic driven. From here on out i'll look on minor optimizations on survivability I think, because so far in simulcrums its pretty much easy mode.
"
fong249 wrote:
"
Curs3dfox wrote:
"
fong249 wrote:

Definitely looking at flask optimization. Grabbed a 21/23 HOP to tack on about 250K more DPS, so right at 2.99M DPS/Sentinel right now with 9 sentinels. Based on my pretty casual play of the game, i'm in pretty good shape damage wise and its really mechanic driven. From here on out i'll look on minor optimizations on survivability I think, because so far in simulcrums its pretty much easy mode.

Yeah and the other advice I would give is to look at the pastebin Gnomiro on this thread posted like a page or two ago his build is incredibly strong but has some more expensive items in his build right now that give incredible boosts.

Here's his Gnomiro's pastebin https://pastebin.com/inzt0N0s properly set up
Last edited by Curs3dfox on Apr 29, 2020, 1:52:06 AM
"
Gnomiro wrote:
Some news from the other side of the build (compared to Kendricklzb). I'm still running without Calamity but a Shaper +1 Chest.

In difference to his build my build doesn't feel like a glasscanon anymore and I'm on my way to 100. Having 7.2k hp up to 1k hps (on consecrated ground, 600 before and 1800 in burst phases).
For additional defence one of my Spectres is a "They of Tul" which creates a big ground effect in which I get 20% spell and attack dodge as well as 15% damage reduction. He casts it very often.

Two other spectres are:
* Arena Master for a regularly attack and movement speed buff
* Stoneskin Flayer just for the tankines (to be replaced later)

Damage-wise I habe 9 Sentinels with 8 millionen persistent dps each. With corpses around (Flesh Offering) and a recent kill this spikes up to 9.4 millionen dps. If including Vaal Haste you could reach spikes of 10.6 millionen dps.

One big difference is probably that I still only use Blade Vortex to procc my Sentinels. I try to keep the damage of it at a decent level. Currently it has 260k dps with 10 stacks and is supported by culling strikes which guarantees more killing blows while mapping. Even in Delirium Maps and/or Simulacrum Wave 20 this is working. In Simulacrum 20 you also could start with Vaal Blade Vortex. Generating more Sentinels after the first is more easy due to Culling Strike!
To be able to maintain this damage level you have to allocate Spiritual Aid in the tree. Furthermore I got +2 Duration Crusader gloves.

Lately I forgot to activate HoP and still phased him really fast to his last phase only by using a 10 stack BV.

For damage on my minions I recently switched to a three-curse setup. Enfeeble for defence + vulnerability for offence (not big but is available as implicit) on gloves. My third curse is applied with a level 5 awakenend curse on hit gem and whirling blades. It is Punishment a big damage boost for bossing scenarios or when whirling trough mobs while mapping.

I'm also a big supporter of whirling blades. It is by far my new favourite movemenetskill beside the dash skills. Applying Fortify and Punishment is a nice addition. I move through maps mostly with this skill and also use it when fighting mob groups in high delirium maps to avoid projectiles or hit other enemies with my 10 stack BV.
Some people say it feels clunky but with enough attack speed it is really great! You have to allocate Spiritual Command and possibly use Faster Attacks like I'm doing but it could also work without Faster Attacks.

Playstyle-wise I currently can rush through more or less any map getting up to 100 simulacrum splinters if the circumstances are good. Most bosses are reached in the delirium and even Drox dies under delirium influence in less than 2 seconds (not counting his transformation phase). UE phases more or less instant. Sirus AW8 mostly dies in the starting position in his last phase.
You must always consider that this takes only so "long" because the sentinels have to be created first. Would be a lot faster if you would start with all sentinels out at the beginning.

If interested I can record some videos of my playstyle-experience.

Here is a PoB with my current setup: https://pastebin.com/inzt0N0s
And some more notes:
* Flame Dash is linked with a 1/0 Arcane Surge to emulate "Arcane Surge on Hit" from the ring
* Awakened Curse on Hits (level 5) additional Curse is not calculated by PoB and added to boots
* There are one notables allocated via Thread of Hope (Spiritual Aid) and one small "Aura Area of Effect"-travel node skipped in the Sovereignty-cluster -> 0 passive points more allocated than shown

Recently switched to a new build and using this one for mostly for boss killing. Only switched because I feel like I'm more or less out of upgrade-options.

Still interested in suggestions for improvement and other ideas. I like Kendricklzbs glasscanon-variation but prfer to be able to stay alive a little bit more :)
Feel free to ask any questions.

You could get a pair of +2 socketed gems, +2 duration gems, +2 aoe gems, with the enfeeble and vulnerability. If you need the health or its a ton more expensive and dont want to spend that much, then just get +2 socketed gems and either of the other two +2's that with health so that your blade vortex also gets the +4-6 increasing its dps from 265k to 324k (Probably not that important but you asked for optimization)

Have you considered switching dropping convocation (just go far enough to reset them when you clear the area to leash them unless you hate that) and put blood magic (Lets your chieftains cast frenzy and power charges nonstop), animate guardian, spectre, meatshield in a +3 minion level 20 minion life helmet since specs dont do much damage anyways and switch to 2 carnage chieftains and host chieftain, move your nodes connecting to your +1 spec node to the life side to increase health and give your specs regen since the specters dont do enough damage to reliably sustain their life pool in high tier maps, which is why we usually use stone flayers with high hp since theyre the only thing that stay alive but we should be getting enough regen now for that to not happen and if it does its not like they arent specs we can replace in half a second and it would only likely die if at all to pain in the butt mods anyways you wont run into often (Maybe lvl 20 simulcrum type stuff)

Build an animate guardian with Grukthul's pelt, Kingmaker, a Leerchast mask or whatever you feel like (Another increased phys damage helmet if they stack with the one you're wearing, I can't find info on it), you can use a jagged fossil helm if you want to save money on a helmet or get a mod other than the -phys on it, southbound with whatever corrupt appropriate, victarios flight or whatever if you dont care about 10% movespeed for you and minions, and get one enchanted with 2% life regen. You could also maybe find a bit more regen somewhere for minions but it might not be needed.

You can get rid of fortify since its on your guardian now, and put flesh offering in that slot if you want. And you can get rid of culling strike and replace it with awakened controlled destruction, concentrated effect, or area of effect depending on what level of dps you want based on aoe distances or just the wider reach with awakened aoe while clearing to culling strike more often. Downside is you might end up not getting the last hits on culling stroke anymore if the minions are doing it too but im not sure if you'd beat their culling strike to the last hit because I can't afford all this haha.
Conc effect would be highest over all straight dps wise but tiny area effect but it also gets +4 from the previous mentioned gloves because its the only one of those 2 with AOE in it while controlled destruction is the mid range.
Could put awakened brutality on the gloves as well.

I'm not sure how much spectres need to survive because the last time I used them I was necro last league and had the +4 on top of it. And upgrade all possible gems that effect dmg to 21/23, obviously expensive as well but adjust to budget, this is just theory crafting for max dps improvement without losing your defense and possibly gaining more. I can't figure out how to put an animate guardian into pob so another thing you could try but I don't know how to input it,

If you don't mind being slower with whirling blades you could move it to a weapon and move your auras to your boots and support them with awakened generosity since you have fortify on your AG now. And get a Pride with quality for QoL more AOE. That bumps you up to 13.7m dps each before adding in animate guardian increases or 14m if you or the minions killed something recently.

Oh and you can also get 60% spell damage corrupt weapons unless for some reason the crit helps but it helps boost our blade vortex even more at least on pob. I'm using a pair and they feel good.

Here's what I mentioned done in PoB but I can't figure how to input the animate guardian stats so it would show all the aura damage increases so theres a nice chunk missing I think from the actual dps, as well as some of the levels pushed up some levels in the gloves to emulate replacing the %hp on the gloves with +aoe as well. this along with the spell damage corrupts bumps bv up to 671k dps (not including spell dmg corrupt daggers) I didn't include things like val'ing items other than the daggers because they're cheap and the rest are just obvious luxuries that could make things very expensive as well as obvious changes like you don't need fortify on boots with it on your animate guardian near you.

https://pastebin.com/w9BMxXpF

But of course this all depends on being able to keep up the chieftans and AG so I could have spent the past 2 hours writing and figuring this all out for no reason LOL

So potentially obscene damage if the AG stats were added as well.

TL;DR Sorry for wall of text, I gave the minions 14m+ dmg each in your build not including potential AG bonuses https://pastebin.com/w9BMxXpF

Last second edit: Could use Vaal Haste in slot instead of a BV buff skill gem and only drop to 418k dps bv and get 15.6m pre-animate guardian dps per sun bro.. Thats like 141.4 million shaper dps damn
Last edited by Curs3dfox on Apr 29, 2020, 5:13:41 AM
It's insane how far you can take this build. I just killed uber elder first time with my modest ~2,7 million dps per sentinel (five sentinels total) and didn't even die once.
Last edited by patouskii on Apr 29, 2020, 5:55:57 AM
I am thinking of doing this build, but I am confused, what sustain is there? How do you leech from blade vortex?

Thanks !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info