[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
Gnomiro wrote:
Some news from the other side of the build (compared to Kendricklzb). I'm still running without Calamity but a Shaper +1 Chest.

In difference to his build my build doesn't feel like a glasscanon anymore and I'm on my way to 100. Having 7.2k hp up to 1k hps (on consecrated ground, 600 before and 1800 in burst phases).
For additional defence one of my Spectres is a "They of Tul" which creates a big ground effect in which I get 20% spell and attack dodge as well as 15% damage reduction. He casts it very often.

Two other spectres are:
* Arena Master for a regularly attack and movement speed buff
* Stoneskin Flayer just for the tankines (to be replaced later)

Damage-wise I habe 9 Sentinels with 8 millionen persistent dps each. With corpses around (Flesh Offering) and a recent kill this spikes up to 9.4 millionen dps. If including Vaal Haste you could reach spikes of 10.6 millionen dps.

One big difference is probably that I still only use Blade Vortex to procc my Sentinels. I try to keep the damage of it at a decent level. Currently it has 260k dps with 10 stacks and is supported by culling strikes which guarantees more killing blows while mapping. Even in Delirium Maps and/or Simulacrum Wave 20 this is working. In Simulacrum 20 you also could start with Vaal Blade Vortex. Generating more Sentinels after the first is more easy due to Culling Strike!
To be able to maintain this damage level you have to allocate Spiritual Aid in the tree. Furthermore I got +2 Duration Crusader gloves.

Lately I forgot to activate HoP and still phased him really fast to his last phase only by using a 10 stack BV.

For damage on my minions I recently switched to a three-curse setup. Enfeeble for defence + vulnerability for offence (not big but is available as implicit) on gloves. My third curse is applied with a level 5 awakenend curse on hit gem and whirling blades. It is Punishment a big damage boost for bossing scenarios or when whirling trough mobs while mapping.

I'm also a big supporter of whirling blades. It is by far my new favourite movemenetskill beside the dash skills. Applying Fortify and Punishment is a nice addition. I move through maps mostly with this skill and also use it when fighting mob groups in high delirium maps to avoid projectiles or hit other enemies with my 10 stack BV.
Some people say it feels clunky but with enough attack speed it is really great! You have to allocate Spiritual Command and possibly use Faster Attacks like I'm doing but it could also work without Faster Attacks.

Playstyle-wise I currently can rush through more or less any map getting up to 100 simulacrum splinters if the circumstances are good. Most bosses are reached in the delirium and even Drox dies under delirium influence in less than 2 seconds (not counting his transformation phase). UE phases more or less instant. Sirus AW8 mostly dies in the starting position in his last phase.
You must always consider that this takes only so "long" because the sentinels have to be created first. Would be a lot faster if you would start with all sentinels out at the beginning.

If interested I can record some videos of my playstyle-experience.

Here is a PoB with my current setup: https://pastebin.com/inzt0N0s
And some more notes:
* Flame Dash is linked with a 1/0 Arcane Surge to emulate "Arcane Surge on Hit" from the ring
* Awakened Curse on Hits (level 5) additional Curse is not calculated by PoB and added to boots
* There are one notables allocated via Thread of Hope (Spiritual Aid) and one small "Aura Area of Effect"-travel node skipped in the Sovereignty-cluster -> 0 passive points more allocated than shown

Recently switched to a new build and using this one for mostly for boss killing. Only switched because I feel like I'm more or less out of upgrade-options.

Still interested in suggestions for improvement and other ideas. I like Kendricklzbs glasscanon-variation but prfer to be able to stay alive a little bit more :)
Feel free to ask any questions.

This is very impressive build. Your dps and number of sentinels is insane. I play in standard so I still follow 3.9 tree and no cluster jewels here so only five sentinels and ~2,2 million dps here. I just hit lvl97 with the build and it's really difficult to find any useful passive tree nodes at this point so I've been trying to make the build tankier with some armor nodes and boosting life and regen. 7,2k life, 500 ES and ~1600 regen is nice. Armor is ~26k with flasks active and 11,5k without. Though for some reason PoE and PoB show different values, PoE has it lower at ~8k. Vaal molten shell helps with more dangerous stuff.

I read your post and checked your PoB and took few tips from there. I've only had minion speed + life abyss jewels for now so I switched few of them for life, minion attack speed and physical damage. Also got high templar gloves with vulnerability on hit (I've been actually spamming it manually this far). Lost little bit dps since it's only level 12 on hit on curse when it was 20+7 manually.

I have to check other spectres also. I've been using stonesking flayers since they just don't die. I've lost 0 of them in any event. I've had no problems to procc sentinels with blade vortex, even though my blade vortex doesn't do nearly as much dps as yours. Is the dps boosted with cluster jewels or am I missing something?

My PoB, any tips appreacited: https://pastebin.com/J4uxGSXa
Last edited by patouskii on Apr 21, 2020, 5:57:24 AM
Hey, did some changes to my build, using
for general mapping, not boss killing, to increase my clearspeed, seems to be working great, dunno if anyone else posted about this earlier in the thread. Also works great for simulacrum!

Other Gear:

Just wanna drop by and say thanks to Bashtart for this wonderful build. Changed the build to a Witch instead and currently running with max block 75/75 with flasks and tempest shield as my potato pc causes me to lag sometimes and the block helps :)

Still have lots of improvement to do (Replacing chest with +2 and life/Awakened Gems) 1.8 M 6 sentinels atm and able to run maps/sirus A7 to A8 soon. Still have deaths but mostly due to how lag my PC is.

Just hit level 100, I havn't made any improvement to my gear since my last post and will try to 40/40 as well.

Spoiler
Fish
Not sure what I'm doing wrong on POB. My POB DPS seems to be very low. In game, I can clear T16 easy with some deaths here or there. All bosses kills are kinda slow but killable with 7 sentinels. Already invested 10-20ex. Not sure where to go next. Might un-spec Golems as they keep dying and opens room for another cluster. Any advise would be appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/AuLRJgz8

Last edited by WildThangPack on Apr 24, 2020, 4:16:01 PM
Hi all,
I just started the levelling for this build.
I have a question, probably dumb but there is Something that i do not understand.
How do you proc and generate the sentinels of purity with Sirius where there is no trash mob to kill?
I understand that the sentineks are generated when you kill but in Sirus and some other Boss, there is no trash mob so how do i do?
Thanks for all
Cheers from a noob
"
Binjoe wrote:
Hi all,
I have a question, probably dumb but there is Something that i do not understand.
How do you proc and generate the sentinels of purity with Sirius where there is no trash mob to kill?
I understand that the sentineks are generated when you kill but in Sirus and some other Boss, there is no trash mob so how do i do?
Thanks for all
Cheers from a noob

You'll want to use a Jar of Writhing flask. Make sure your BV kills the worms before your other summons.
"
WildThangPack wrote:
"
Binjoe wrote:
Hi all,
Thanks for all
Cheers from a noob

You'll want to use a Jar of Writhing flask. Make sure your BV kills the worms before your other summons.

Using the jar doesnt make it to 100% get a sentinel, even more when you have to summon 5 as minimum and your specters kills them.

Its hard to generate sentinels but you do it while hitting sirus with your BV same way as rare mobs. You will die before summoning all 5. Wish to see any video of anyone doing sirus 8 with the budget version thats suposed to do all content!
"
WildThangPack wrote:
Not sure what I'm doing wrong on POB. My POB DPS seems to be very low. In game, I can clear T16 easy with some deaths here or there. All bosses kills are kinda slow but killable with 7 sentinels. Already invested 10-20ex. Not sure where to go next. Might un-spec Golems as they keep dying and opens room for another cluster. Any advise would be appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/AuLRJgz8

I really think you need to update your cluster jewels to Cult Leader/Disciples.

Your amulet anoint should be looked at too.
"
fichi wrote:
"
Kendricklzb wrote:
Spoiler
@Bashtart

Thanks for this build, I really enjoyed using it as a benchmark and built my own version along the way.

I wanted to share with everyone, a version without golems and spectres. I'd say really easy to play since you just have to run around and keep your sentinels up all the time.

End-Game: Not HC viable, All content, Sirus A8 deathless (possible to down last phase during the 4-sirus illusion mode), Max Deli viable with deaths.
Life - 6.67K. 9 sentinels (4.8m dps each - including vaal haste, 2 curses).
If I add awakened multistrike + awakened phys dmg + Impale (21/20); dps will go up to 5.8m for each minion.
Gear is ~20 exalted. Expensive ones are the Helm, Amulet and awakened Gems. Other than that, everything cost between 10-50C.
Cluster Jewels: ~2 exalted. large/medium cost between 10-50C each; I crafted fettle jewels myself and spent about 1k alterations).
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/HDK2vB8k

Budget: not HC viable, all content, Sirus A8 (1-2 deaths during last phase), Max Deli viable with deaths.
Life - 6K. 9 sentinels (3.8m dps each - including vaal haste, 2 curses).
Gear is ~4 exalted. Majority will be from Amulet +1 phys (1-1.5exa), chest for 1exa.
Cluster Jewels: ~1 exalted. Buy them instead of crafting, may not have the ideal jewel sockets but you can disregard some life in early-game.
Budget Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/mpUykeDV

Main difference between Budget and End-game is that I had to attempt to squeeze the pride aura in for the boost in damage. I have removed this in the Budget Pastebin and effectively, you will still hit ~4m dps.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions on the playing style.

I just wanna say great addition to the guide I mean it seems really good.

My question to you is how do I afford a calamity with 4 red sockets lol, other then that can I have something else almost as good (im thinking about the mana reserved and 4 red sockets here) thats abit of a pain any suggestions here?

Also war banner or dread banner and if mana is a problem do I need enlighten lvl4 or?

And should I get doom cast when I can for 2 curses when we get hit and the jewels or is all that when you really have the currency?

Just some tips on the armor although im not sure if by now you already figured it out.

I bought a Calamity with 1 collor off from perfect for about 25c and paid a vorici white socket service at 40c (better to do it in the discord group), ended up getting the right roll, even if you have to pay a 2nd socket it would still be worth it and save you a good amount of money.

Key is patience, specially during the week days you will see some cheap ones showing up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info