[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

Is it possible to drop golems and replace them with animated guardian in the helmet or would AG be too frail in this build to keep alive? Just wondering because AG was amazing with zombies last league but I'm guessing has a lot more survivability in that build?
"
Kendricklzb wrote:

Try to opt for The Writhing Jar and Increased Area of Effect gem for Whirling blade, I'm simply spamming those 2 to keep 11 sentinel.

I agree the build does die a lot, especially when spike hits my region. Otherwise, you just get to dodge around which involves a little bit of skill and learning certain boss mechanics.

It is still 100% deli viable but definitely not for HC.

Thanks for this. I just bought the flask. Are there any other things you do for hp regen that is substantial? Or do you kinda just rely on potion button mashing and just overall zooming around.

As far as whirling blades go, is there any other setup? How crucial is fortify, do I need to be spamming that in my rotation? I dont use Whirling blades a ton because it seems like a weak dash, and a dash is a weaker flame dash from what it feels like haha.

Interested to know if you have any recommendations on what I can do with my build right now. I think I get 2m dps per, but I dont know how to pump it higher without spending tens of ex on things like awakened multistrike.
"
"
Kendricklzb wrote:

Try to opt for The Writhing Jar and Increased Area of Effect gem for Whirling blade, I'm simply spamming those 2 to keep 11 sentinel.

I agree the build does die a lot, especially when spike hits my region. Otherwise, you just get to dodge around which involves a little bit of skill and learning certain boss mechanics.

It is still 100% deli viable but definitely not for HC.

Thanks for this. I just bought the flask. Are there any other things you do for hp regen that is substantial? Or do you kinda just rely on potion button mashing and just overall zooming around.

As far as whirling blades go, is there any other setup? How crucial is fortify, do I need to be spamming that in my rotation? I dont use Whirling blades a ton because it seems like a weak dash, and a dash is a weaker flame dash from what it feels like haha.

Interested to know if you have any recommendations on what I can do with my build right now. I think I get 2m dps per, but I dont know how to pump it higher without spending tens of ex on things like awakened multistrike.

Yes, I do rely on potion button smashing + vaal haste for all contents and zooming around really quickly.

I built a budget version for life regen if you want to consider below:
Life Regen: https://pastebin.com/dcvc2mh6

I removed awakened gems and you should be able to clock about 4.5m dps per sentinel, having about 9 sentinel up at all times.

Expensive items would be the amulet (anoint to Golem's blood), you should get at least ~700 life regen. You might want to switch some jewels as well for life regen.

So far, I have no opinions of Whirling blades with Fortify. I think it does help reduce some damage from the mobs, especially during simulacrum and dodging from clusters of mobs but to be honest, its either I die from 1HKO or spikes in my region.

I'll try to review your build shortly and see what I have in mind.

"
Kendricklzb wrote:

Yes, I do rely on potion button smashing + vaal haste for all contents and zooming around really quickly.

I removed awakened gems and you should be able to clock about 4.5m dps per sentinel, having about 9 sentinel up at all times.

Expensive items would be the amulet (anoint to Golem's blood), you should get at least ~700 life regen. You might want to switch some jewels as well for life regen.

So far, I have no opinions of Whirling blades with Fortify. I think it does help reduce some damage from the mobs, especially during simulacrum and dodging from clusters of mobs but to be honest, its either I die from 1HKO or spikes in my region.

I agree with this assessment of the build. It isn't as tanky as it sounds and requires moving fast and dodging 100% of the time.

I can't tank hits on T16 Juiced Up Maps/Full Blown Delirium. Using Blade Vortex makes you very vulnerable to getting hit too because you have to go closer than you expect.

I'm still practicing Sirius with this build. I simply can't beat him, keeping up sentinels and dodging is tough as hell when there is ZERO room for mistake. Of course I'm coming from Necromancer 3.9 which was obviously OP.

I'm considering balancing my Ele resists to use the elemental unique fl;ask to reduce incoming elemental damage and a 6 link carapace with crab aspect for more Armour and physical mitigation.

I'll be keeping this guy because I can spam red maps easy but he doesn't excel at boss killing, being Tanky, or being the best clear speed.
Last edited by Mukuro123 on Apr 8, 2020, 8:16:43 PM
Any hints what to get next? Kinda new in the game
https://pastebin.com/0EUCCdhn
is it worth it use 2 cluster with pure agony + disciples?or i can drop one and get it another pure agony + another thing.
"
Mukuro123 wrote:
"
Kendricklzb wrote:

I agree with this assessment of the build. It isn't as tanky as it sounds and requires moving fast and dodging 100% of the time.

I can't tank hits on T16 Juiced Up Maps/Full Blown Delirium. Using Blade Vortex makes you very vulnerable to getting hit too because you have to go closer than you expect.

I'm still practicing Sirius with this build. I simply can't beat him, keeping up sentinels and dodging is tough as hell when there is ZERO room for mistake. Of course I'm coming from Necromancer 3.9 which was obviously OP.

I'm considering balancing my Ele resists to use the elemental unique fl;ask to reduce incoming elemental damage and a 6 link carapace with crab aspect for more Armour and physical mitigation.

I'll be keeping this guy because I can spam red maps easy but he doesn't excel at boss killing, being Tanky, or being the best clear speed.

I just shifted to the budget version, getting about ~700 life regen. It is actually fairly easy but I notice the dip in dps and the lack of 11 sentinel.

I'd beg to differ, I think boss killing and clear speed has been extremely well for me. I was able to kill Sirus A8 last phase before he moved into the mass illusion mode.

But yes, you definitely need to practice to know the pros and cons of this build, not super OP but still retaining an element of fun in it to learn boss mechanics.

Happy to show you some runs if you are interested.
Is anyone using Vaal breach?
Fish
I am a little confused. Does the Herald of Purity gets affected by the mod `# to Level of all Physical Skill Gems`, even when it is a Spell and not a Skill??

When I checked on POB it did not modified the lvl of the gem.
"
Charangasman wrote:
I am a little confused. Does the Herald of Purity gets affected by the mod `# to Level of all Physical Skill Gems`, even when it is a Spell and not a Skill??

When I checked on POB it did not modified the lvl of the gem.

Yes, Herald of Purity has the "Physical" tag, so +lvl from Cold Iron Point do apply. I'm running this build and it shows lvl 26 in game (and PoB).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info