[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
BonderBale wrote:
I need your help guys.
As i see, most of you can use pride, flesh and stone and dreadbanner at the same time. I just bought 2 rings for mana reserv and still have no mana to cast my bladefall.

Your rings have a really low mana reduction roll. Aim for something above 38% or consider an amulet with mana reservation reduction or another mana reservation reduction annoint.
Should I be using impale support rather than minion speed? Also can someone explain why dread banner is good here?
Any tips for the small cluster jewel?
"
Should I be using impale support rather than minion speed? Also can someone explain why dread banner is good here?

Minion speed helps a lot with clear. Impale is better for bossing. Dread Banner is needed to stack the chance to impale and additionally gives some survivability. The impale mechanic get more powerful when you have a high chance to impale.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Great build out there.

What do i think about it:
While i was struggling at the start of mapping, two Ezomyte Daggers and 5l Coming Calamity made my experience much better.
I would say multistrike, feeding frenzy and minion speed are the best jewels for running maps and must always be there if you are not bossing. The reason is the clearspeed is extremly good with all of them.

Also i would like to point how strong new jewels are:
I got +2 to number of sentinels, 20% chance for my minions to impale, 145% increased minion damage, 14% increased and +20 flat life for 19 skillpoints. And this is not even new jewels' full potential.

My progress so far:
I would say my character is 2 exalts worth and i have defeated Sirus on 6th day of the new league using 5l setup like this: Herald of Purity - Feeding Frenzy - Impale - Multistrike - Deathmark.

Also this is my first lvl. 90 character in this league and at this point i farmed enough currency to start playing a new build. So i can say this build was a really good league start and i am 100% happy i chose it.
Last edited by lostrofl on Mar 21, 2020, 2:59:25 AM
Hi why nobody use "Lone messenger" for this build ?
"
DreamPeace wrote:
Hi why nobody use "Lone messenger" for this build ?

With Lone Messenger, your Aura Skills are Disable, which means no flesh and stone or Pride.

"
With Lone Messenger, your Aura Skills are Disable, which means no flesh and stone or Pride.

yes but 25% more damage per minions is better i think no ?
"
DreamPeace wrote:
"

yes but 25% more damage per minions is better i think no ?

I'd say no. Pride + Flesh and Stone + Dread banner give approximately 40% more DMG in my build currently. Of course your gear matters somehow, but it should be approximately the same. I think Lone Messenger is an Option if you want to try to do some similar build with a Mana Guardian where you want to reserve less Mana to be able to have additional EHP but in our case the Auras are definitely better Late Game. If you're only able to use one of the Auras currently you probably should use Lone Messenger until you can use more of them.

"

Impale is best used for bossing or with really high attack speed. It'S a really good as a 6th link or if bossing is your problem but if you don't have a lot minion speed and attack speed I think Minion speed is better.

Impale is also the reason why we use Dreadbanner (not place it, just reserve mana).

Impale works as following:
If an enemy is impaled 10% of the damage of the hit is added to the your next 5 hits. If you have a 20% impale chance this results in a unique 10% more dmg multiplier if you assume an infinite fight. That's also the reason why impale is good for bossing and not necessarily for thrash.
In addition Dreadbanner yoields up to 30% increased impale effect which increases the damage per hit from 10% to 13%. Overall resulting in
1+(0.1*1.3*5)*0.2 + 1.13 -> 13% more damage

Adding an 20/20 Impale support this cahnges to
1+(0.1*(1.3*1.59)*5)*(0.2+0.4) = 1.62 -> 62% more dmaage
With the Medium cluster we even can reach 100% imaple chance
1+(0.1*(1.3*1.59)*5)*(0.2+0.4+0.2) = 1.83 -> 83% more damage

Always remember that it is asuming an infinite fight. If the mobs die to fast it is not worth it! But the great thing about impale is, that it is a unique More multiplier and is not weakened by any other more multiplier if I'm right.

"
rayananubis wrote:
Any tips for the small cluster jewel?

I would go for life clusters. I'm using two 3 nodes 4% clusters with Surging Vitality (for life regeneration) resp. Fettle for a big life boost. I think Fetle is one of the strongest for suvivability.
Last edited by Gnomiro on Mar 21, 2020, 11:05:36 AM
I know most people have stopped using spectres due to the changes. Is it worth dropping the second golem as well to put those three points somewhere else? If I take stone golem out I only loose like 200 to 300 life regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info