[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

While leveling through acts, what's some good weapon uniques or mods on weapons to look for?
any rare wand with
+1 level of all physical spell skill gems
and spell damage

helps with blade vortex or bladefall and HoP

cost=1 alch

dont know about uniques
How good is this build to do T15+ delirium maps?

And can it clear 20 waves in simulacron?

Also how safe is it? I only play HC is it viable?

Ty
"
Camaron wrote:

Ty

You can check out my character.
6.4k life, armor+molten shell+fortify+endu for defenses, not much else.
I use only HoP as aura (Lone Messenger), 7 Sentinels of Purity now.

I did T16 bosses just fine. I did juiced up T15/T16 delerium maps just fine.
I did conquerors in a few seconds (The Hunter is problematic if you are not poison immune, which thankfully I am now).
I died to sirus because this is my first time trying Sirus, so that's that.

A few days ago I went to Simulacrum wave 15-18 with a few deaths, but could not finish it.

Yesterday, I did a deathless Simulacrum@wave20 too, so that's that.

This is a great build, but it requires quite the investment for endgame.
I have invested at least 10-12 exalteds in the current build (I mean just look at the helm. No other one like it in the trade :P).

The only big downside that I constantly try to find an answer to is: what happens when you lose your sentinels MIDFIGHT or go back to a boss and have nothing?

Currently I threw out Blade Vortex and use Divine Ire+Brutality+Infused Channeling+Culling Strike. Even though I deal no Lightning damage, I get the -8% damage taken buff thanks to it, so that is amazing. But I use the worms in the jar flaks for the proccing of sentinels, which is okay, but could be better. One alternative I am now trying is to, in the helm, use Empower+Summon Skellies+Carrion Golem+Minion Life, so I can start maps with Skeletons as a buffer and a trigger for my own Onslaught and buff up the carrion golem's damage too.

But that is the only downside to this build, when it finds itself alone, and without sentinels and flask charges. In simulacrum, if that happens, I suggest this: just portal the F out, and come back. You will not die, and gain flask charges. If you just stay in and a wave is coming or you are in a middle of it, you will die, which is the same result...except you lose xp too.
"
Oldern365 wrote:
"
Camaron wrote:

Ty

You can check out my character.
6.4k life, armor+molten shell+fortify+endu for defenses, not much else.
I use only HoP as aura (Lone Messenger), 7 Sentinels of Purity now.

I did T16 bosses just fine. I did juiced up T15/T16 delerium maps just fine.
I did conquerors in a few seconds (The Hunter is problematic if you are not poison immune, which thankfully I am now).
I died to sirus because this is my first time trying Sirus, so that's that.

A few days ago I went to Simulacrum wave 15-18 with a few deaths, but could not finish it.

Yesterday, I did a deathless Simulacrum@wave20 too, so that's that.

This is a great build, but it requires quite the investment for endgame.
I have invested at least 10-12 exalteds in the current build (I mean just look at the helm. No other one like it in the trade :P).

The only big downside that I constantly try to find an answer to is: what happens when you lose your sentinels MIDFIGHT or go back to a boss and have nothing?

Currently I threw out Blade Vortex and use Divine Ire+Brutality+Infused Channeling+Culling Strike. Even though I deal no Lightning damage, I get the -8% damage taken buff thanks to it, so that is amazing. But I use the worms in the jar flaks for the proccing of sentinels, which is okay, but could be better. One alternative I am now trying is to, in the helm, use Empower+Summon Skellies+Carrion Golem+Minion Life, so I can start maps with Skeletons as a buffer and a trigger for my own Onslaught and buff up the carrion golem's damage too.

But that is the only downside to this build, when it finds itself alone, and without sentinels and flask charges. In simulacrum, if that happens, I suggest this: just portal the F out, and come back. You will not die, and gain flask charges. If you just stay in and a wave is coming or you are in a middle of it, you will die, which is the same result...except you lose xp too.

vaal blade vortex will proc the sentinels with the vaal skill. i havent had a boss fight last long enough to despawn my sentinels that i couldnt keep up from wirling blades through the bosses to keep fortify up
why no one play ES+CI this build ? or is life so better ?
"
horst1981 wrote:
why no one play ES+CI this build ? or is life so better ?

i think the passve tree is just easier to go life. but it certainly has proven to be pretty accomodating to personalization
"
Popefish wrote:

vaal blade vortex will proc the sentinels with the vaal skill. i havent had a boss fight last long enough to despawn my sentinels that i couldnt keep up from wirling blades through the bosses to keep fortify up

I think he is talking about phasing bosses. Have you fought Sirus yet? In his transition phases the sentinels will despawn and you have to go into close combat with him to respawn them. This takes some seconds and you can not instantly full dps him again.

Similar things can happen for late Simulacrum waves (19 and 20) when you have longer loot breaks. Here it especially a problem that there is not always a unique mob to hit easily and you have to get enough damage on your blade vortex to kill some minion to spawn sentinels. With 100% delirium this can be difficult although possible.
Last edited by Gnomiro on Mar 23, 2020, 11:05:15 AM
"
Gnomiro wrote:
"
Popefish wrote:

I think he is talking about phasing bosses. Have you fought Sirus yet? In his transition phases the sentinels will despawn and you have to go into close combat with him to respawn them. This takes some seconds and you can not instantly full dps him again.

Similar things can happen for late Simulacrum waves (19 and 20) when you have longer loot breaks. Here it especially a problem that there is not always a unique mob to hit easily and you have to get enough damage on your blade vortex to kill some minion to spawn sentinels. With 100% delirium this can be difficult although possible.

Exactly. It is rarely a problem, but when it is a problem in one of the most difficult encounters in the game, that is something to consider. The flasks are a reliable way to proc 2-4 sentinels, but I am not sure that it is a sacrifice worth doing for the rest of the game (so flask swap on a per-map basis, maybe).
faced the same issue on simulacrum wave 20, was using bladefall, encounter was smooth but on wave 20 I had issues getting my sentinels out.

planning to give it a try with writing jar flask next time

have you guys found any valid alternative ? how is divine ire working out on wave 20 ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info