[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

Just want to share my progress to show you some options for gearing, progression, survivability and damage as I cleared all available content in softcore with this build (UE, 20/20 Simulacrum, Cortex, ...).

I'm currently at 6.2k life and 1.3 Millionen Shaper DPS per Sentinel (6 sentinels, helmet +1 missing) without switching gems. No awakening gems yet. Should be even more as PoB doesnt account for the "minions deal increased damage while you're effected by a herald"-notables from cluster jewels. Have a look: https://pastebin.com/DRzvxYnb
Using Hop + Feeding Frenzy + Deathmark + Melee phys + Brutality and Impale.
Recently switched from Minion Speed to Deathmark as my minions are now fast enough for clearing and the "one-shot-button" called deathmark just feels amazing! Would not use it early on but late game and for delirium (especially those bosses) it's great!

Currently not using spectres and replaced them early on when I was able to run all auras (with two rings or one ring an helmet reduction entchant). Even tested Holy relic but was not happy. My Golems die rarely and only sometimes in while bossing (+2 minion gems helps). Therefore I run with Flame Dash along Whirling Blade to be able to jump over gaps and get out of dangerous situations on some maps more easily.
Furthermore I'm using self-cast Convocation because I didn't had enough links when putting golems in my helmet and I have to say: I like it. Self-cast Convocation provides a lot more control and you can activate the minion life regeneration more easily.

Most singnificant upgrades currently are a +1 Phys Amulet and a +1 Active Gems Chest. Bought the Amulet for 5 ex:

Was especially looking for dex Base and T1 Life together with at least one other useful stat (all res). Will try to double veil it to maybe even get more out of it.

For the chest I got lucky and UE praised me with a ilvl 86 shaper astral plate. I spent around 10 ex to get reasonable rolls along +1 using Pristine Fossils:

For both items the dream would be to get the other +1 as well (+1 strength on amulet from hunter and +1 strength(?) on chest from delve).

Spoiler

For Cluster Jewels notes:
* Large: I'm using one with two Jewels, Call to the Slaughter, Feasting Diends and Rotten Claws. For Damage I think Rotten Claws is especially great. FF helps for minion surviveability and Caul to the Slaughter provides some Damage. Even though I'm not sure if the "recently created" mod activates when we refresh our sentinels but at least it's a dps boost at the beginning of boss figths.
For crafting you should look at least for ilvl 75 (two jewel sockets) and a 8 or 9 passive one. As fas as I understand the reduction from 9 to 8 reduces the numbers of passives but doens not free up skill points because it only provides an optional small one
* Medium: Of course two time Pure Agony. In addition I have Disciplines for more phys reduction and Cult-Leader for damage. Look for a 4 passive one. I think ilvl only improves the additions to the small notes so it is not that important early on.
* Small: Here I still have something to improve. Using two small live clusters with Surging Vitality (nice life regen boost!) and Fettle for flat life.
Ilvl matters here because the small node can roll up to +14 life if I'm correct. Thats the reason I would also go for 3 passive small clusters as +14 life + 4% (plus one more stat) on two nodes is really good.

Other notes:
* Medium Thread of Hope is useful: -10--20% all res and you can allocate Ravenous Horde alongside a 8% life notable. The resistance penalty should be no problem for us because we have enough open affixes for resistance
* Still thinking about Ailment Immunity: Gloves + Helmet sufix(each 25%); Chest 35% prefix and Crystal Skin ANoint (15%). But it would need some investments. Would make Sirus more easy and free up some flask mods even though I don't know yet which to use than.
* Wearing bottled faith just because it dropped yesterday. Effect seems to be not too big and it's not necessary.

Not sure if I mentioned everything I wanted but you can still ask if you have question or some suggestions.

Also: Thank you bashtart for your guide and providing the diea to play this build. I really like it!
Last edited by Gnomiro on Mar 19, 2020, 7:45:29 AM

@Gnomiro

have you been able to do UE/Sirius and Simulacrum deathless ?

I gave Simulacrum a try myself with my crap gear and reached wave 20, but didn't manage to clear it, but i'm happy the build worked up to that considering all the improvements i can still do
One thing i noticed is how useful proximity shields are in that encounter, i'm now reluctant to take specters out... even if they die a lot.
Last edited by Lÿn on Mar 19, 2020, 9:47:52 AM
Just to understand how do you use flesh and stone... for the blood part or the sand one ? Can you elaborate please.

Thank you very much!
"
Gnomiro wrote:
Just want to share my progress to show you some options for gearing, progression, survivability and damage as I cleared all available content in softcore with this build (UE, 20/20 Simulacrum, Cortex, ...).

I'm currently at 6.2k life and 1.3 Millionen Shaper DPS per Sentinel (6 sentinels, helmet +1 missing) without switching gems. No awakening gems yet. Should be even more as PoB doesnt account for the "minions deal increased damage while you're effected by a herald"-notables from cluster jewels. Have a look: https://pastebin.com/DRzvxYnb
Using Hop + Feeding Frenzy + Deathmark + Melee phys + Brutality and Impale.
Recently switched from Minion Speed to Deathmark as my minions are now fast enough for clearing and the "one-shot-button" called deathmark just feels amazing! Would not use it early on but late game and for delirium (especially those bosses) it's great!

Currently not using spectres and replaced them early on when I was able to run all auras (with two rings or one ring an helmet reduction entchant). Even tested Holy relic but was not happy. My Golems die rarely and only sometimes in while bossing (+2 minion gems helps). Therefore I run with Flame Dash along Whirling Blade to be able to jump over gaps and get out of dangerous situations on some maps more easily.
Furthermore I'm using self-cast Convocation because I didn't had enough links when putting golems in my helmet and I have to say: I like it. Self-cast Convocation provides a lot more control and you can activate the minion life regeneration more easily.

Most singnificant upgrades currently are a +1 Phys Amulet and a +1 Active Gems Chest. Bought the Amulet for 5 ex:

Was especially looking for dex Base and T1 Life together with at least one other useful stat (all res). Will try to double veil it to maybe even get more out of it.

For the chest I got lucky and UE praised me with a ilvl 86 shaper astral plate. I spent around 10 ex to get reasonable rolls along +1 using Pristine Fossils:

For both items the dream would be to get the other +1 as well (+1 strength on amulet from hunter and +1 strength(?) on chest from delve).

Spoiler

For Cluster Jewels notes:
* Large: I'm using one with two Jewels, Call to the Slaughter, Feasting Diends and Rotten Claws. For Damage I think Rotten Claws is especially great. FF helps for minion surviveability and Caul to the Slaughter provides some Damage. Even though I'm not sure if the "recently created" mod activates when we refresh our sentinels but at least it's a dps boost at the beginning of boss figths.
For crafting you should look at least for ilvl 75 (two jewel sockets) and a 8 or 9 passive one. As fas as I understand the reduction from 9 to 8 reduces the numbers of passives but doens not free up skill points because it only provides an optional small one
* Medium: Of course two time Pure Agony. In addition I have Disciplines for more phys reduction and Cult-Leader for damage. Look for a 4 passive one. I think ilvl only improves the additions to the small notes so it is not that important early on.
* Small: Here I still have something to improve. Using two small live clusters with Surging Vitality (nice life regen boost!) and Fettle for flat life.
Ilvl matters here because the small node can roll up to +14 life if I'm correct. Thats the reason I would also go for 3 passive small clusters as +14 life + 4% (plus one more stat) on two nodes is really good.

Other notes:
* Medium Thread of Hope is useful: -10--20% all res and you can allocate Ravenous Horde alongside a 8% life notable. The resistance penalty should be no problem for us because we have enough open affixes for resistance
* Still thinking about Ailment Immunity: Gloves + Helmet sufix(each 25%); Chest 35% prefix and Crystal Skin ANoint (15%). But it would need some investments. Would make Sirus more easy and free up some flask mods even though I don't know yet which to use than.
* Wearing bottled faith just because it dropped yesterday. Effect seems to be not too big and it's not necessary.

Not sure if I mentioned everything I wanted but you can still ask if you have question or some suggestions.

Also: Thank you bashtart for your guide and providing the diea to play this build. I really like it!

Really great summary of your progress. One question do you think feeding frenzy is still worth using over say minion damage? Is the agressive behavior enough to keep it?
"
Lÿn wrote:

@Gnomiro

have you been able to do UE/Sirius and Simulacrum deathless ?

I gave Simulacrum a try myself with my crap gear and reached wave 20, but didn't manage to clear it, but i'm happy the build worked up to that considering all the improvements i can still do
One thing i noticed is how useful proximity shields are in that encounter, i'm now reluctant to take specters out... even if they die a lot.

Sirus so far not deathless. Currently he is just teleporting so weirdly that I most of the time get hit by one of his big abilities and die. Reentering is also a problem so sometimes I die twice. But if you can handel all hix mechanics it works. Nevertheless the build is not often "hitable" by his big abilities. Also you have to stay close at the beginning to summon your sentinels: Each phase. Maybe Bladefall could be another option here but I haven't tried it yet.

My first two Simulacrums I got two 19/20 and had many problems. Espexially on Wave 15 with 2 Bosses. But my gear was much worse. Only one Ring and nothing special at all. Problably only +1 Sentinel and no + Gem beside weapons. Now with the new gear and even before amulet/body I was able to finish the simulacrum deathless.

UE was easy deathless. His abilities and the adds allow a easy spawn of the sentinels and you can deathmark the current boss. Works quite well. Was before my new big upgrade and did it in around 2 minutes.
"
anatolis wrote:
Just to understand how do you use flesh and stone... for the blood part or the sand one ? Can you elaborate please.

Thank you very much!

At the beginning I most of the time stayed in Sandstance for defense. Now I use Bloodstance most of the time for additional damage in deep delirium encounters.

"
stephenp1983 wrote:
Really great summary of your progress. One question do you think feeding frenzy is still worth using over say minion damage? Is the agressive behavior enough to keep it?

Haven'T tried it yet. Recently bought a aw miniion damage to repalce melee physical damage. If my PoB is correct Multistrike/Brutality/Minion Damage are the usable awakener gems and Multistrike is by far to expensive. Will probably go with: Hop + frenzy + minion damage (aw) + deatmark + brutality (aw) + impale
Maybe I can replace Frenzy some time. If it is not necessary at all maybe with Multistrik (aw) :D
Last edited by Gnomiro on Mar 19, 2020, 5:01:03 PM
What is the best setup for single dps set up? Asking for a friend i dont know much about those summon things
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:

Other notes:

What is the radius we need? because there are many possibilities : Small, medium, large and very large. I'm thinking about very large but in your POB its medium, can you tell me plz?
"
Isenhart wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:

Other notes:

What is the radius we need? because there are many possibilities : Small, medium, large and very large. I'm thinking about very large but in your POB its medium, can you tell me plz?

It is medium. You can get Ravenous Horde, Heart and Soul and Cruel Preparation (able to skip one 5% HP node if necessary).
Last edited by Gnomiro on Mar 20, 2020, 1:25:59 PM
I need your help guys.
As i see, most of you can use pride, flesh and stone and dreadbanner at the same time. I just bought 2 rings for mana reserv and still have no mana to cast my bladefall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info