[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
Nightstone13 wrote:
They have no where near the clear of 4 slave drivers... not even close.

The sents shine on bosses... Just my take.

I disagree, and Slavedrivers aren't the best clearing Spectres but w/e

edit: wait, you're not even playing the same build...Did you have a +1 Sentinel helm? where you DWing Cold Iron Points? Feeding Frenzy?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 1, 2020, 11:58:10 PM
Thanks for this great build; super cheap, fun and fast cleaning.
I would like to know what to do next in terms of gear? Right now I can clean T15 with no issues at all, it's like going for a walk to a park lol.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/crorella/characters?characterName=Megatata

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by crorella on Jan 1, 2020, 11:11:48 PM
If you bothered to actually read the post this was my take on it... Don't need the helm lol. My dps is already pretty high...

Having to cast or stop all the time to keep sents up... Slows you down. Secondly AOE on SD's is much larger. With SD's all you have to do is move and everything dies... Your playing stop and go. Not Faster.

The cold point daggers give you +6. Thats about 4% extra dps per level. 24%. Vics gives you 25% across ALL your minions plus free power/frenzy charges to ALL your minions.

Not using a cold point allows you to use a wand with " trigger a socketed spell ". This again is a huge benefit. flesh offering and a debuff.

again... Showing a different way of doing this...

NS

Wanted to add running flesh offering and frenzy charges frees up the need to have a minion speed gem. Now you can slot something use full.

"
"
Nightstone13 wrote:
They have no where near the clear of 4 slave drivers... not even close.

The sents shine on bosses... Just my take.

I disagree, and Slavedrivers aren't the best clearing Spectres but w/e

edit: wait, you're not even playing the same build...Did you have a +1 Sentinel helm? where you DWing Cold Iron Points?
Last edited by Nightstone13 on Jan 2, 2020, 12:25:30 AM
"
Nightstone13 wrote:
I
Having to cast or stop all the time to keep sents up... Slows you down.

uh lol...what are you talking about? "stopping to cast" for 1 second to get a 10 stack ( unleash + faster casting ftw) occasionally, as you blaze around with Whirling Blades, watching the Sentinels rape everything. So slow brah! Heck, usually I just stop for less then .5 of a second to cast once, and then Whirling Blades. You don't need full stacks to keep them up...

I'm not having issues at all with keeping them up, nor is absolutely any part of this build slow. I read just fine...you are perplexing.

I've played many many builds. This is not stop and go. You make it sound like Whispering Ice or some shit. This is fast as fuck.

also...4% per level? bad math.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 2, 2020, 12:08:52 PM
"
Nightstone13 wrote:

The cold point daggers give you +6. Thats about 4% extra dps per level. 24%. Vics gives you 25% across ALL your minions plus free power/frenzy charges to ALL your minions.

Not using a cold point allows you to use a wand with " trigger a socketed spell ". This again is a huge benefit. flesh offering and a debuff.

1) The build already comes with free charges via Harmony of Purpose ascendancy. The shield isnt needed.

2) The dagger add +3 to ALL physical gems and not just HoP... meaning it has a multiplicative effect.

Here is my HoP minion dps using two lifespring (as a constant):
My 6L: HoP, Brutality, Feeding Frenzy, Minion Speed, Melee Physical Damge, DeathMark

lvl 20/0% gems:
Average damage 95,731.4
Attack/Cast Rate: 3.23
Total DPS: 309,108.6

lvl 26/0% gems: (lvl 26 HoP, Brutality, Melee PD)
Average damage 203,761.7
Total DPS: 657,929.3

3) A wand can/do offer more beneifts than just a pure +skill stats. The trigger wand is an interesting concept and i'll have test it out.

4) I do agreed with you that clearing with HoP is a bit of a PITA.
Stop and casting ever ~5 seconds is a bit of an annoyance.. I'll have to get some slave driver and see if the clearing is any better.
Last edited by smallsea_turtle on Jan 2, 2020, 10:42:16 AM
Thanks for this great build; super cheap, fun and fast cleaning.
I would like to know what to do next in terms of gear? Right now I can clean T15 with no issues at all, it's like going for a walk to a park lol.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/crorella/characters?characterName=Megatata

Thanks in advance.
Im pulling around 1.1-1.2m dps per spec. Around 400k or so on each sent.

Call it 6 mil with the ability to scream through maps...

And for using whirling blades on T14-16 maps... that just makes me lol. The morphs will eat you alive. When you see golems and zombies ( 37k hp ) one shotted you sure as hell don't want to be in melee range.

Its pretty easy to drop 3 brands on a morph and then stay out of range. Easy kills...

Anyways this was just another way to do the same thing and its a bit faster and definitely safer when it comes to morphs.

NS

"
"
Nightstone13 wrote:

1) The build already comes with free charges via Harmony of Purpose ascendancy. The shield isnt needed.

2) The dagger add +3 to ALL physical gems and not just HoP... meaning it has a multiplicative effect.

Here is my HoP minion dps using two lifespring (as a constant):
My 6L: HoP, Brutality, Feeding Frenzy, Minion Speed, Melee Physical Damge, DeathMark

lvl 20/0% gems:
Average damage 95,731.4
Total DPS: 309,108.6

lvl 26/0% gems: (lvl 26 HoP, Brutality, Melee PD)
Average damage 203,761.7
Total DPS: 657,929.3

3) A wand can/do offer more beneifts than just a pure +skill stats. The trigger wand is an interesting concept and i'll have test it out.

4) I do agreed with you that clearing with HoP is a bit of a PITA.
Stop and casting ever ~5 seconds is a bit of an annoyance.. I'll have to get some slave driver and see if the clearing is any better.
"
Nightstone13 wrote:
Hi... thanks for the build Idea. I made a few mods to it and its by far my favorite build in a long time.

Im running specs, zombies, golem and sentinels.

For me the Sents clear poorly and I only need them for bosses and morphs. I put them in a psyuedo 6l. specs went into 6L chest. Zombies in a psyuedo 6L.

I wanted EE and a fire and forget option. Burning brand with curse and combustion. Sents get the bonus from the ignited mobs and the zombie poison.

Im using vics for the extra dps and the speed from frenzy charges.

The minions hold up fine as long as the resists are up to par. 4 slave drivers with onslaught clear fast.

Clear speed is fantastic... Boss killing is great too...

Here is a t14 at lvl 88.

https://youtu.be/A2VnxD7-V8k

NS

Looks interesting, but wont this also bump up the cost quite a bit? I havent had much time to play this league and is on a pretty limited budget, but would actually like to try this version out.

Put the Guardian on hold as it did feel slow compared to my phys skellie necro
Last edited by Hemanse on Jan 2, 2020, 3:24:08 PM
"
Nightstone13 wrote:

And for using whirling blades on T14-16 maps... that just makes me lol. The morphs will eat you alive.

First off, stop acting like you're schooling me. You aren't. I've deleted more characters then you've played.
Second I did a t14 at 75 with this build. Including the Metamorph. Went just fine?
And third...wtf does Whirling Blades and Metamorphs have to do with each other? Lol? I don't follow. Whirling Blades is for zipping around through the map not for climbing on top of a Metamorph.

"
Nightstone13 wrote:
When you see golems and zombies ( 37k hp ) one shotted you sure as hell don't want to be in melee range.

I never would have thought. Very enlightening.
oneshotted zombies and players don't happen to white attacks, they happen to special attacks, and black shit. It's not hard to spin up, proc your sentinels, and get the fuck out. The same logic you got here applies to your build as much as this one. If you get hit by the mentioned crap, you will die.

Bladefall is of course a option, and a good one, but you're not doing the build favors by using energy shield bases, ignoring chaos resist, and ditching Cold Iron Points. Why even use the rings any more while you're at it? Why Sentinels of Purity even?

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 2, 2020, 5:08:16 PM
Hey Bashtart,

In your BoP, your block chance is 75%. I can barely get 17%.
How is this possible?

edit: is that just from Bastion of Hope?
Last edited by smallsea_turtle on Jan 2, 2020, 7:03:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info