[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

ahh I was not aware of that, thats great help :)!!! Thank you so much, these kinds of posts are exactly what I was hoping for, thanks again.

Through reading I know also got the info that my penetrate ele res boots do not work either correct?

Any Ideas how to fit enfeeble in without dropping my shield?

What does make Awakened Blasphemy lev 5 so good?
Last edited by DrizZi on Apr 18, 2020, 5:17:21 AM
"
DrizZi wrote:
First I lovd this build, my last League was Synthesis with Trickster and cold/snap Vortex which was pretty insane op.

I wanted to try this time the Occultist version of the build and wanted to see how far I get without using any guides etc.

Would say I am now at arround 100Ex invested in this build and would like to give my insights on some key points and ask for them help in other points. In the end I think I can bring some pretty good tips for leveling which helped me alot and I missed in this thread (started reading yesterday so please do not judge if on page 40 something someone already wrote this).

First this Char can do any content and I would say he is the most well rounded of them all, even cheap and Leaguestarter viable and insanly costly to min/max. The only weakness is the monolith where this char really is not at its best and there are far better builds be suited for this.

I had the expierence by playing that I was a little squishy when playing with the prism shield even so I had max block/max spell block alot of ES and Spider/Temp Chains and Enfeeble running.

I Loved the change to a shield where I had 300ES, Recover ES on block and + 1 cold gems, I did not need additional spell Block cause I am already maxed there.

Then I felt I was a little lacking Damage which was crying on a very high standard because of the way you are anyway melting everything. I dropped Enfeeble to a Damage Amulet with 16 Cold DoT Multi, + Area Damage, alot of ES and Resi.

With changing the shield I lost Enfeeble anyway because I can not reserve that much mana/lfe without dropping Temp Chains / Malevolence, Discipline and Aspect of the Spider. I am using Awakened Blasphemy lev 5 and there starts my questioning ? I read something about a big advantage using awakened Blasphemy, I have all the awakened gems included but I am not quite aware of all of their affects since I completley missed those leagues. Can you check my Char and gear and help me maybe again fitting for example Enfeeble in?

I think my weapon is pretty insane (cold dot multi tier 1, cold spell gems +1, spell damage 66%, trigger sockted spell and 10% increased damage per frenzy charge (luckiest slam ever), also my shield should be not upgradable and my chest if I am not spending 80Ex + (I am already have corruped +2 duration running). But I am quite unsure how to min max any further and would appreciate any help.

My thoughts on new Cluster jewel: Via Mage Hunter, Conjured Wall and Thaumaphoge you get max spell block the easy way and alot of damage boost, Im using a large Cluster Jewel with 8 total 2 jewel spots and these 3 key notes.

I think 1 Brush with Dead and Vile Reinvogation should be mandatory, I use 2 of these jewels since I am not running a medium curse Jewel what I would do If I can implement Enfeeble again. So help there really is appreciated.

For leveling I can name some very nice uniques which helped me alot:

Cereberus Limp and Aegis Aurora (gives through the combo a very high amount of ES, Spell Damage, Armor and Max Cold Res... Before you can go shavronne + prism + low life + trigger spell weapon you can run Chaos Inoculation with even a Tablula and still have over 6K ES. If you use trashy ES 6 link you will go nover 7500 ES on white to yellow maps. I was able to clear red maps with Zahndethus' Cassock Sage's Robe which was very cheap...
For a belt a bated Breath was nuts and the boots I would def recommend using Rainbowstrides, they have + Block spell damage, dex, movespeed and All res for 1c... I vaaled like 30 of them and got + 2 curse... So you can clear basiclly all conted on low uniques without spending more then 50c.... this build I LOVE IT!

Post your POB if you want, makes it easier to look at for me. Your gear looks good, even though I feel like not running Presence of Chayula is a risk. In some boss fights all you need is to get stunned once and you donezo. Good shit running Thread of Hope though, that jewel is so underused it's bonkers.

Cluster Jewels are a bit of a "Hmmm" for me. I'm running a medium and small for now, which gives great DPS/es. Other than that I'm currently crafting a tree with Large - med - med - small. One of the mediums would be a good Megalomaniac. This would bring my DPS from around 5.6 mill to 5.8 mill + some added ES, but I want lvl 99 before I do that.

I found a pretty good minmaxing route in using a wand with Frostbite on it, allowed me to run Hatred while keeping Second Wind Dash + Phase run. Paired with Awakened Blashpemy 6 and some reduced mana on jewels etc it's a huge DPS boost. This does require a Hatred mana enchant on helmet, but the DPS boost running Hatred gave me is far superior to a normal Vortex helm. Running Ele weakness over Temp Chains would also push my DPS to 7 mill, but it doesnt really seem needed at this point :p
Silsamazing - lvl 100 Witch
SilAndTheVortex - lvl 100 Occultist
The very large ring Thread of Hope solution was actually pretty neat! It freed up lot of passive skills for me and the ideas I had on my mind could be fit in now for more tankyness(Blind, ES regen, Unnerve etc) and more damage.

Still thinking a way how to fit in Fortify via Reckoning and Overlord passive from a well rolled Megalomaniac, could make the build even more tanky with all the block we have via Glancing Blows!

Currently less than 100m exp to go for 100! Was thinking to also grab a +4 Shavs for the dmg boost, but I think the 300 ex I have saved up are going to be funded for my second build and just leave this char as a bosskiller!
Can anyone post how to craft a nice wand?
Depends on what you mean by nice wand.
There is a guide on pages ~92-94 on crafting 4ex+ spell damage and cold multy wand
"
Zeeshka wrote:
Depends on what you mean by nice wand.
There is a guide on pages ~92-94 on crafting 4ex+ spell damage and cold multy wand

Thank you!
I was thinking about +1 to cold/spell or both and the other mods we use. i'll have a look on those pages.

Posting all my gear for reference, will be multimodding the dagger with arcane surge/cast speed and dagger is crucial for whirling blades+fortify for extra tankiness.

Have curses on cwdt to save room for auras :)
"

Posting all my gear for reference, will be multimodding the dagger with arcane surge/cast speed and dagger is crucial for whirling blades+fortify for extra tankiness.

Have curses on cwdt to save room for auras :)

That is a very interesting setup you're running. Not sure how many of the clusters you are running/which notables you skip, as there isnt enough points to get em all right now. In POB I'm getting you are 3.5m DOT dps and around 10.5 k ES. What is the ES/Dot with the correct clusters? (I just took a guess).

How is the suriveability without high block/es on block, and no stun immunity? I imagine you might be running a bit of a risk especially on bosses if you get stunned?
Silsamazing - lvl 100 Witch
SilAndTheVortex - lvl 100 Occultist
Thought I share my gear, POB, and some thoughts on the build from my experiences. I've read and used some suggestions and examples in past posts to tinker to the content I'm doing (Thank you very much). Any further suggestions on improvement are welcomed.

I solely use this build for chaining Simulacrum. It is smooth for the most part in Simulacrum from Waves 1-18 on any modifiers. Waves 19 and 20 while the mobs aren't generally the issue, sometimes the bosses (mainly Kosis) on waves 19 and 20 on certain modifiers can take awhile to kill which can result in rip. My extra defense layers such as phys reduction, dodge, and evasion are solely based on my flask and vaal grace. So a prolong fight can be a bad thing from my experience.

Also just keep in mind these deaths can also be just user error aka me playing bad or not paying attention as I mindlessly farm Simulacrums. Cause Kosis and Omni have hard telegraph patterns which if you were paying attention they shouldn't be too much of a problem. I think the most annoying part for Kosis for me is the slowing and damaging spheres in narrow simulacrum maps (I would love to fit in Kaom's roots if it was remotely possible).

I think the next big upgrade for me that I can see is crafting a new wand and helmet for more DPS.

Overall, I love the build

Gear
Spoiler

POB: https://pastebin.com/96h0Kn2V

Apologize in advance if there is anything wrong with the POB. I'm assuming I have everything correctly ticked
Last edited by Ysuni on Apr 20, 2020, 11:25:32 AM
Hi I've been using this build this league and I'm confused with how to use Vaal Discipline and Watcher's Eye.

For the Vaal Discipline, am I supposed to be using the normal Discipline too?

For the Watcher's Eye, I haven't used the normal Discipline at all because of mana reservation problems since I'm using Aspect of the Spider. So I was wondering why would I want Discipline mod in my Watcher's Eye?

Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info