[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hi guys.

1st thanks for the answer ;)

I played all this league with this WTB build and its by far my best league.

Killed almost all the endgame.
Sirus
Maven and all the invits except the feared
Shaper/Elder/UberElder
4 new bosses with ease

Still not try simulacrum/uber atziri
Still not able to survive the Aul boss in delve

Thanks again to Shak for the build. Loved it.

BUT.

Next league i want to give a try to the Cold Snap/Vortex(/Creeping Frost) version.
Anyone know where can i find a really good POB like shak for that ?
With all the new items/gems/masteries etc (3.17-3.18 ish) ?
"
Lazybrain82 wrote:
Hi guys.

1st thanks for the answer ;)

I played all this league with this WTB build and its by far my best league.

Killed almost all the endgame.
Sirus
Maven and all the invits except the feared
Shaper/Elder/UberElder
4 new bosses with ease

Still not try simulacrum/uber atziri
Still not able to survive the Aul boss in delve

Thanks again to Shak for the build. Loved it.

BUT.

Next league i want to give a try to the Cold Snap/Vortex(/Creeping Frost) version.
Anyone know where can i find a really good POB like shak for that ?
With all the new items/gems/masteries etc (3.17-3.18 ish) ?

Unfortunately, Shak has the only good detailed cold dot POB but not for cold snap. Your best bet is leveling with Shak's starter using winter tide brand until maps.

You can switch to this Vortex/Cold Snap version once you get all the gear and are at least 92 you can use this POB
https://pastebin.com/KE1W3gm3

It has a level 92 tree and level 100 tree.

Both trees have 90% all res, 50k Armour and 75% block cap

90% all res only requires Aegis Aurora, Purity of Ice and 2% max cold from gloves.

This version gets stun avoidance from harvest crafted implicit on jewels.
I opted for free 60% chaos resist from wither presence instead of Vile Bastion.

If you're not comfortable with crafting harvest implicit on jewels. Then swap to Vile Bastion, but you will need to make up for chaos resist loss.

"
Unfortunately, Shak has the only good detailed cold dot POB but not for cold snap. Your best bet is leveling with Shak's starter using winter tide brand until maps.

You can switch to this Vortex/Cold Snap version once you get all the gear and are at least 92 you can use this POB
https://pastebin.com/KE1W3gm3

It has a level 92 tree and level 100 tree.

Both trees have 90% all res, 50k Armour and 75% block cap

90% all res only requires Aegis Aurora, Purity of Ice and 2% max cold from gloves.

This version gets stun avoidance from harvest crafted implicit on jewels.
I opted for free 60% chaos resist from wither presence instead of Vile Bastion.

If you're not comfortable with crafting harvest implicit on jewels. Then swap to Vile Bastion, but you will need to make up for chaos resist loss.

Ty for the POB ;)
Ashes of stars will be nerfed fore sure no ? ( i cant see GGG let that amu like this lol)
So instead of wither presence, i can take Chayula amu (free 60% chaos res + stun imune) and i could go for profane bloom maybe ?
Is this build a good SSF starter? Can you give any advice on start, like atlas tree priorities?
"
Lazybrain82 wrote:

Ty for the POB ;)
Ashes of stars will be nerfed fore sure no ? ( i cant see GGG let that amu like this lol)
So instead of wither presence, i can take Chayula amu (free 60% chaos res + stun imune) and i could go for profane bloom maybe ?

no nerfs this league!!!

profane bloom is trash!! Never use it on cold dot.

Also with new ring introduced. You can shatter easily now So herald of ice explosions is even easier to add to cold dot and HOI explosions can prolif with just AOE investment.

profane explosions can't be scaled on cold dot, requires either blasphemy or curse on hit or wasted flask spot. which are all inferior, requires more investment and less dps.

I hate profane with a passion on cold dot as you can see :P

Play BANE if you want to use Profane Bloom as intended.
Last edited by donbrawler on May 5, 2022, 6:01:52 PM
"
donbrawler wrote:
Also with new ring introduced. You can shatter easily now So herald of ice explosions is even easier to add to cold dot and HOI explosions can prolif with just AOE investment.

The ring specifies chill from your hits, so no brand or chilling ground.
"
"
donbrawler wrote:

Vortex hits, but yea I am talking specifically about Vortex/Cold Snap its still the preferred endgame setup for cold dot for most of us experienced cold dot players.

As you can see in this video I already got Herald of Ice working last league without the ring.

unfortunately, I never got to test the 60% Aoe from heart of destruction to scale explosions further!

Last edited by donbrawler on May 5, 2022, 6:41:17 PM
For the first time ever, no nerfs. (Double nerfs next league though). Our melding 88% resist builds live on (at least for now).
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
"
donbrawler wrote:

Vortex hits, but yea I am talking specifically about Vortex/Cold Snap its still the preferred endgame setup for cold dot for most of us experienced cold dot players.

As you can see in this video I already got Herald of Ice working last league without the ring.

unfortunately, I never got to test the 60% Aoe from heart of destruction to scale explosions further!

I have the stones if you want to test them 😬

Although I must say profane bloom with blasphemy really made map clearing silky smooth and fast once there’s enough DPS. Yes bossing is slower but I still had more than 10mil DPS after dropping malediction so it’s not that bad.
Last edited by hadc on May 5, 2022, 7:02:42 PM
"
hadc wrote:

I have the stones if you want to test them 😬

Although I must say profane bloom with blasphemy really made map clearing silky smooth and fast once there’s enough DPS. Yes bossing is slower but I still had more than 10mil DPS after dropping malediction so it’s not that bad.

PM me in game I will take you up on testing the jewels. Might change my mind if I play cold dot for 10th time LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info