[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
For exalts in SSF, try having expedition (tujen haggle) and harbinger on tree. I think heist is good too but Im not familiar because it’s not my cup of tea. The mirror treant assassin rejuvenating combo is good too, I probably get 1 exalt out of 3 of them. There were a few lucky ones where I got 2 exalts in one combo, sweet.

Harbinger - yes. Quite low chance to get exalts/shards, though.
I've been running all my archnem mods for fossils until today and finally got lucky with "perfect fossil on chest => 30% quality". Now I'll try to 6L it *haha* and I'll need many more fusings. The first 700 didn't work out. Guess I'll have enough exalts before a 6L :P

"
I’m going to start a SSF character after I get 40/40, another 100 maps (plus invitations) to go 😱

They know how to keep us busy, right? Kirac: Now stop staring at the forums, get back to work! The job never ends!!! :)
Hey all

I've been trying to follow the last several pages looking for some answers. I have a long ways to go I think with my build (Tree not super optimized, gearing, in general, can get better), but my single target damage feels abysmal. I've seen most people incorporating cold snap in some way and have even seen a swap of WTB to 4 link and Vortex to 6 link. Does anyone have some general tips that could maybe help with single target DPS?

"
RaizeAren wrote:
Hey all

I've been trying to follow the last several pages looking for some answers. I have a long ways to go I think with my build (Tree not super optimized, gearing, in general, can get better), but my single target damage feels abysmal. I've seen most people incorporating cold snap in some way and have even seen a swap of WTB to 4 link and Vortex to 6 link. Does anyone have some general tips that could maybe help with single target DPS?

WTB is great for clearing and mapping, but the single target did feel off to me. I found it hard to scale the damage as I just didn't understand the mechanics.

Vortex + Vaal Cold Snap in a combine 6 link is really good for single target, but you lose that amazing easy clear feeling. I swapped because I am used to Vortex and I enjoy the play style of having it on my left mouse button and cold snap on the right.

It then frees up a 4-link for more auras to boost damage. Feel free to check my character for ideas if it helps.
@donbrawler Those are some sick rings you got there. What's the process of crafting them?
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
@donbrawler Those are some sick rings you got there. What's the process of crafting them?

ring 1 steps

1. buy Ilv74 or higher Moonstone ring with t1 cold damage fractured and use attribute catalyst on scoured ring to save cost.
You only need Ilvl74 for t1 ES

2. spam essence of delirium and use annulment orbs until open suffix.

3. bench craft "suffix cannot be changed" and used veiled chaos for last suffix
any dual attribute with dexterity or strength is good.

4. start over with essence spam if you don't get either strength or dexterity attributes unveil. (Highly unlikely since attributes have high weighting)

5. bench craft "suffix cannot be changed" and use harvest craft reforge defense until t1 or t2 ES. Cost 2ex per try

6. Craft 17% increased damage.

ring 2 steps

1. same steps as above

2. spam essence of delirium until t1 or t2 Chaos res.

3. bench craft "suffix cannot be changed" and use harvest craft reforge defense until t1 or t2 ES. Cost 2ex per try

4. Craft 17% increased damage.

I would suggest maybe buying t1 fractured ES though and spamming essence until you hit t1 cold damage because getting t1 or t2 Energy Shield through harvest reforges cost me 40ex in bench crafts for both rings.
Last edited by donbrawler on Apr 16, 2022, 10:17:16 PM
Thank you.

I've spec'd into this and am really finding it nice.

Very detailed build guide, excellently done, and I've recommended it to a friend whom I'm introducing to the game. I've also mentioned that you have / are putting together a 'for everyone' build guide for each of the character classes.

Great work, much appreciated.
In this world evil will always rise to power because evil has no morals, knows no limits and has no concern or consideration for anything other than itself.
Pretty sure i can't squeeze more damage from this build but if someone has any ideas then it would be much appreciated.
I only have around 10ex.
Really like this build so thanks to the 3 main contributors, you know who you are.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Pretty sure i can't squeeze more damage from this build but if someone has any ideas then it would be much appreciated.
I only have around 10ex.
Really like this build so thanks to the 3 main contributors, you know who you are.

There are actually quite a few more ways to get more DPS just from gear. The most significant upgrade will be your shav. You should be able to get a shav with +2 duration or +2 duration or +1 socketed gem corrupted implicit. That upgrade alone will give 20-25% DPS increase. In end game you will want a +4 or +3 (with socketed gem) but that’s usually in the range of 100ex. You can also get cold dot multi on glove with eldritch currency (that’s cheaper but depends on luck and won’t give nearly as much DPS).

Awakened gems will get slight increase in DPS but you already have ele focus which is the most important of them all so the rest can wait.

Didn’t look at your tree though so maybe others can chip in.
Can't wait for next league to try this build out again. The Cold Snap version of it.
As a casual SSF player I was able to play a lot of endgame content for the first time.. thanks to this guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info