[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
5ecured wrote:
Really high quality guide, but because there is more than 1 path you can take (CI/LL), it does make it kinda confusing for beginners like me.

Few questions:

1. My plan is to go CI. Since your PoB has been updated to include brand passive tree, do you have a guide for leveling with that? I see that the current leveling guide you have clearly says it is not updated for wintertide brand.

2. So for the end game, will you be using vortex and wintertide brand? Or is wintertide brand used only for leveling?

To be honest I prefer to just play the good old reliable vortex/cold snap, which matches your current leveling guide. Your PoB however, is geared towards brands, so I have no PoB to follow

Thanks in advance

Here’s Shak’s POB for Vortex/CS - https://pastebin.com/Jk9xGu9V

As to question regarding CI and LL. I believe it’s meant to be a progression, especially in trade league since you will definitely be able to farm enough to get the gear (3.16 is extremely affordable in trade). Chaos dmg for LL is non-issue if you invest in chaos resistance and make sure you have enough energy shield, at least 8000 if aiming to do end game content.

I started doing Vortex/CS since 3 leagues ago so I’m sticking to it and have not tried WTB yet. I’m doing HCSSF in atlas invasion as Cold DOT occultist (still alive at lvl 71) so it’s even HC viable but of course heavily invested in defence on the tree.

"
5ecured wrote:
Really high quality guide, but because there is more than 1 path you can take (CI/LL), it does make it kinda confusing for beginners like me.

Few questions:

1. My plan is to go CI. Since your PoB has been updated to include brand passive tree, do you have a guide for leveling with that? I see that the current leveling guide you have clearly says it is not updated for wintertide brand.

2. So for the end game, will you be using vortex and wintertide brand? Or is wintertide brand used only for leveling?

To be honest I prefer to just play the good old reliable vortex/cold snap, which matches your current leveling guide. Your PoB however, is geared towards brands, so I have no PoB to follow

Thanks in advance

5ecured I went CI and WTB and I can say the clear is great. Bossing is also fine, but it's so hard to calculate the actual WTB dmg that I don't really know if WTB does 600K or 1.7M Shaper dps.

Wintertide brand already puts some extra strain on the equipment because it needs cast speed, so I think going CI and WTB is somehow doable, but LL and WTB would be probably too much because then you also need chaos res.
Last edited by Maniollo6 on Dec 29, 2021, 5:46:21 PM
When I try to use your leveling filter it tells me invalid sound filepath "5link.mp3". Do you know how I can fix that?
Hi all, I made some changes to the tree with Aegis Aurora and it turns into a tank. Check out how it tanks 10 bosses in maven invitation all at once!

https://youtu.be/kFWM2PPXGQo
Last edited by hadc on Dec 31, 2021, 12:23:32 AM
SSF player here. I finally killed Sirus, after about seven leagues (thank you, Shakcentral!), and he dropped, of all things, the Crown of the Inward Eye.

I have enough oil to do Transfig of Soul, and I already had it on a world drop talisman. I found The Stampede, so I was going to put Flash Freeze on it and anoint a better amulet with Transfiguration of Soul... but now I have the Crown.

Should I use the crown in place of Rime Gaze, or just keep Rime Gaze? I would get all three transfigurations, which would be some use in damage and I could switch out the anoints to get Flash Freeze on the new amulet and maybe Foresight on the boots.

That seems really tempting, but I'm guessing if that was the best thing it would be a recipe in Trade League.

What do you guys think, bearing in mind I'm SSF and can't do anything with it but use it or tuck it away?

(Oh, I'm CI right now-- no Shav's yet.)
Last edited by rcbutchko on Jan 3, 2022, 11:14:39 PM
"
rcbutchko wrote:
SSF player here. I finally killed Sirus, after about seven leagues (thank you, Shakcentral!), and he dropped, of all things, the Crown of the Inward Eye.

I have enough oil to do Transfig of Soul, and I already had it on a world drop talisman. I found The Stampede, so I was going to put Flash Freeze on it and anoint a better amulet with Transfiguration of Soul... but now I have the Crown.

Should I use the crown in place of Rime Gaze, or just keep Rime Gaze? I would get all three transfigurations, which would be some use in damage and I could switch out the anoints to get Flash Freeze on the new amulet and maybe Foresight on the boots.

That seems really tempting, but I'm guessing if that was the best thing it would be a recipe in Trade League.

What do you guys think, bearing in mind I'm SSF and can't do anything with it but use it or tuck it away?

(Oh, I'm CI right now-- no Shav's yet.)

I’ll use the crown and anoint some other DPS node on the amulet. You won’t lose much DPS but will gain much more survivability, especially so since you’re using Determination.
Happy new year to y'all. Newbie here for using Cold DOT build. To start a new league, which way is more efficient? I mean, should I start with wintertide brand with vortex or should play creeping frost with vortex? Thank you.
Last edited by TxE4GL3k on Jan 6, 2022, 11:02:49 AM
Depends on how you like to play, really. You'll get to try them both in levelling. If you like more active playstyle, maybe creeping frost is what you'll like better. If you're more a planning type, you might like WTB- and I could be wrong. It's never too late to switch your primary gem, really-- that why we have an off-set. You can even use vortex as your primary. See what you like.
I think creeping frost should be easier for a newbie to level with, though. It's pretty straight-forward. WTB has good clear, but the mechanic is not obvious.
"
rcbutchko wrote:
Depends on how you like to play, really. You'll get to try them both in levelling. If you like more active playstyle, maybe creeping frost is what you'll like better. If you're more a planning type, you might like WTB- and I could be wrong. It's never too late to switch your primary gem, really-- that why we have an off-set. You can even use vortex as your primary. See what you like.
I think creeping frost should be easier for a newbie to level with, though. It's pretty straight-forward. WTB has good clear, but the mechanic is not obvious.

Thanks, man. It sounds to me that creeping frost should be a better idea here. Except for being easier to play, I don't need to take some brand notes and regret later, right?

Just another question. Are we taking 2pts for bandits when doing ACT2? I mean, a little worry about total elemental resistance for the first char in a new league.
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
"
rcbutchko wrote:

Thanks, man. It sounds to me that creeping frost should be a better idea here. Except for being easier to play, I don't need to take some brand notes and regret later, right?

Just another question. Are we taking 2pts for bandits when doing ACT2? I mean, a little worry about total elemental resistance for the first char in a new league.

Are you playing HC? I killed all bandits even in Zizaran Gauntlet and Atlas Invasion HCSSF. You won’t really need much resist till after Act3/4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info