[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Atlas Invasion build, also kinda doubles as practice for 3.17 league start assuming no big nerfs.

Started as HoAG Guardian last league, not my brightest move.
One thing I didn't see mentioned is the pros/cons of going vortex+creeping frost vs. 6L wintertide brand vs. 4L wintertide + 6L vortex etc.
"
Valensar wrote:
One thing I didn't see mentioned is the pros/cons of going vortex+creeping frost vs. 6L wintertide brand vs. 4L wintertide + 6L vortex etc.

Not really many pros & cons. It more about faster map clear and playstyle.
This league was all about testing. Overall I think Vortex/Cold Snap is still best cold dot

creeping frost is only used for leveling until you get Vortex/Wintertide Brand or Vaal Cold Snap. No one should be using creeping frost past yellow maps.

Wintertide is used for faster map clear and is by far the best cold dot spell for map clear.

- 6L wintertide has really no benefits unless you just prefer WTB playstyle it's the same map clear as 4L wintertide + 6L vortex but worse single target damage.

- 4L wintertide + 6L vortex is best combo for faster map clear and higher single target.

Honestly, if you're trying to min max and push the build to be your one endgame build. I would just recommend gold old reliable Vortex/Cold Snap. Wintertide for me will only be used for leveling and won't be in my endgame cold dot build
Last edited by donbrawler on Dec 24, 2021, 1:03:46 AM
Hi guys, I'm planning to use this build for Atlas Invasion event and I've seen many updates from ShakCentral's youtube channel on other events. I just wonder if we have any update on the build here on this forum or should I just stick to it?
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
Valensar wrote:

No one should be using creeping frost past yellow maps.

Even divergent one? Why?
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
Valensar wrote:

Not really many pros & cons. It more about faster map clear and playstyle.
This league was all about testing. Overall I think Vortex/Cold Snap is still best cold dot

creeping frost is only used for leveling until you get Vortex/Wintertide Brand or Vaal Cold Snap. No one should be using creeping frost past yellow maps.

Wintertide is used for faster map clear and is by far the best cold dot spell for map clear.

- 6L wintertide has really no benefits unless you just prefer WTB playstyle it's the same map clear as 4L wintertide + 6L vortex but worse single target damage.

- 4L wintertide + 6L vortex is best combo for faster map clear and higher single target.

Honestly, if you're trying to min max and push the build to be your one endgame build. I would just recommend gold old reliable Vortex/Cold Snap. Wintertide for me will only be used for leveling and won't be in my endgame cold dot build

Hey, thanks for your input. I've not tried the wintertide version, last time I played cold dot was in Ult league and that was the traditional vortex/cold snap. I'll make sure you level a cold snap in my off hands for Atlas Invasion, and use wintertide for early on.
"
Valensar wrote:

Even divergent one? Why?[/quote]

Divergent creeping frost is super expensive, and you won't get it early in a league.
Winter Tide is still better clear then divergent creeping frost
Vaal Cold Snap is still best single target than WTB and Creeping.

If you like creeping frost though, use it. It just worse single target and clear is mediocre.
Last edited by donbrawler on Dec 24, 2021, 4:18:01 PM
"
donbrawler wrote:

Divergent creeping frost is super expensive, and you won't get it early in a league.
Winter Tide is still better clear then divergent creeping frost
Vaal Cold Snap is still best single target than WTB and Creeping.

If you like creeping frost though, use it. It just worse single target and clear is mediocre.
Nah I'm good with WTB actually, just wanted to know, thanks.
Last edited by Inscaped on Dec 25, 2021, 2:35:39 PM
Hey all.

Firstly - thanks to OP for the post.

A question that I couldn't see clearly answered in the OP posts: Should I be aiming for CI or low-life, or is it a "progression"?

My thinking is this:

We need to block chaos damage, as it bypasses ES. So .. either we pick up Chaos Innoculation, or Shavronne's Wrappings.

So ... is the idea to go "CI" first and use any 6 link that gives good ES etc. - and then transition into "low-life" when we get or can afford a 6 link Shavs? Or is there a reason to skip "CI" and get a 5 link shavs, even though we'll only be on a 5-link? I mean, I guess with a 5 link shaves and Prism Guardian we'll be "low life" so can take "Pain attunement" for 30% more damage and have more skills that cost "reservation" (both Mana and life), but does that make up for a "missing" link?

Basically - I'm playing this build for the first time (in Atlas invasion) and not really sure of the pro's and con's of each "variant" :)

Ty in advance!
Last edited by zedzed_uk on Dec 27, 2021, 10:56:04 AM
Really high quality guide, but because there is more than 1 path you can take (CI/LL), it does make it kinda confusing for beginners like me.

Few questions:

1. My plan is to go CI. Since your PoB has been updated to include brand passive tree, do you have a guide for leveling with that? I see that the current leveling guide you have clearly says it is not updated for wintertide brand.

2. So for the end game, will you be using vortex and wintertide brand? Or is wintertide brand used only for leveling?

To be honest I prefer to just play the good old reliable vortex/cold snap, which matches your current leveling guide. Your PoB however, is geared towards brands, so I have no PoB to follow

Thanks in advance
Last edited by 5ecured on Dec 27, 2021, 6:48:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info