[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

When redesigning the low life build, did you give any consideration of using the new Petrified Blood gem and dropping the shavs?

50% hp on top of the stagger effect that Petrified Blood gives seems like a viable alternative to the typical shavs LL set-up.
Has anyone leveled as cold slinger then transitioned to this build? Do you have a strong preference one way or the other for getting through the acts?
I played this build along with a TR pathfinder in ritual, it was a lot of fun.

I was wondering, should we keep using the Presence of Chayula for a long time? I see it listed in PoB and in the guide itself, but I notice a lot of guys using rare crafted +2 necklaces. Seems like keeping the Chayula neck is giving up a ton of possible damage?

And I'm hoping the map clear isn't too negatively effected by dropping Profane bloom now? Vortex is fun but it wasn't super fast at mapping, so I wonder if that is going to feel bad now? When I play I would use vaal cold snap as much as I can to speed it up, but not sure how much bloom was doing for me.

"
Seldric_ wrote:

And I'm hoping the map clear isn't too negatively effected by dropping Profane bloom now? Vortex is fun but it wasn't super fast at mapping, so I wonder if that is going to feel bad now? When I play I would use vaal cold snap as much as I can to speed it up, but not sure how much bloom was doing for me.

You won't notice any difference giving up profane bloom as you can see in Shaks new video without even being the fully optimized version.

Last edited by donbrawler on Apr 15, 2021, 7:35:18 PM
Last league I played Vortex in HCSSF using the build by GhazzyTV over on poe.vault and it felt fine, pretty safe and good damage.

Going to go HCSSF in Ultimatum using this one instead because the guide is very comprehensive and well-written so kudos for that but I just wanted to ask if there are any considerations regarding the tree for HC?

If this is covered in the guide then I apologize because I haven't gotten around to reading all of it yet.

Thanks for the guide.
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
Seldric_ wrote:

You won't notice any difference giving up profane bloom as you can see in Shaks new video without even being the fully optimized version.

going to be completely honest I see quite a few times profane bloom could smooth out the clear in that video but the Vaal Cold Snap buffs will probably make up for it
"
Seldric_ wrote:

I was wondering, should we keep using the Presence of Chayula for a long time? I see it listed in PoB and in the guide itself, but I notice a lot of guys using rare crafted +2 necklaces. Seems like keeping the Chayula neck is giving up a ton of possible damage?

Without having checked the "guys using +2 necklaces" gear or POB, the main reason to use Presence is for the Stun immunity. If you can get Stun Immunity elsewhere (jewel enchants/implicits?), you can swap out Presence.
That said, those +2 necklaces are probably going to be a lot harder to craft with the harvest changes.
We get stun immunity from Vile Bastion, so that is not the main reason.
Last edited by VerVik on Apr 16, 2021, 5:04:36 AM
Hello! I will most likely try out this build for this season, is it possible with this build to do full atlas and farm red maps? or do i need the full low life gear for that? sorry if noob question, i am just looking for a build to do all content with without having to farm currency and then switch to a totally new build
Seldric_ wrote:

Without having checked the "guys using +2 necklaces" gear or POB, the main reason to use Presence is for the Stun immunity. If you can get Stun Immunity elsewhere (jewel enchants/implicits?), you can swap out Presence.
That said, those +2 necklaces are probably going to be a lot harder to craft with the harvest changes.

"
VerVik wrote:
We get stun immunity from Vile Bastion, so that is not the main reason.

You have to beat the ES and chaos-Res.
Which sounds kinda hard to do
So I guess its just a more offensive approach.
Last edited by rom_a on Apr 16, 2021, 6:30:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info