[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Question. With the LL version of the build do we still need whispers of doom once we have Malediction? It seems like with the two of those that allows us to use up to 3 curses. But most of us are running two curses, Temporal Chains and Frostbite or maybe enfeeble. Basically is it safe to spec out of Whispers of doom if only running 2 curses and malediction?
"
srt4eblue wrote:
Question. With the LL version of the build do we still need whispers of doom once we have Malediction? It seems like with the two of those that allows us to use up to 3 curses. But most of us are running two curses, Temporal Chains and Frostbite or maybe enfeeble. Basically is it safe to spec out of Whispers of doom if only running 2 curses and malediction?

Yea, your not supposed to use both only one or the other.
"
dkowalch wrote:
So I am definitely missing something here, but why are we using Hypothermia and Elemental focus? Hypothermia increases freeze and chill % and effect but elemental focus makes it so we cant apply freeze and chill.

Elemental Focus only work on the initial hit from Vortex and not the Dot. I believe that was the Explanation Shak gave.
"
donbrawler wrote:
Glad I read this, I Just Finished Twisted and The Formed and was about to start doing bosses for the feared and The hidden.

Are you using Vaal Discipline? Did you Alch the Invitations? From what it seem doing them white is what everyone suggests because maps mods make the fights to difficult. Just Curious because the other fights where a joke lol

Yes I use Vaal Discipline but I kept finding myself getting hit with Spatial Decay very often that I couldn't keep it up enough.

I run my invitations rare by alt/regal mods that don't matter, like Phys Reflect, EE, etc.

"
donbrawler wrote:
Do we need Reduced Elemental reflect for this fight? I usually run cheap watcher eye with 50% reduced and Sibyl ring to make Uber Atziri super easy.

Either Atziri in this fight doesn't have reflect, or it's not enough for it to matter with my leech. I couldn't tell you what is what, but I can say that I did not spec into or make any gear considerations for Atziri's passive reflect.

Also one thing I forgot to mention, even though I rated Elder as #1 most dangerous, don't stop DPS if you have another boss nearly dead. Better to kill a boss and not have to deal with it rather than swap targets. You will need to make that judgement call yourself.
I got royally screwed on The Feared. I had Elder > Atziri and Shaper all dead and when I flame dashed over to Chayula. My game Crashed and when I tried to go into the Portals they disappeared with a message "Instance no longer available". FML Cortex is expensive to buy.

Good news is if you get around 6mil DPs the Bosses melt and it seemed easy until I crashed > I had all three bosses down in 10-15 seconds.

Edit: I killed the first three bosses so fast I didn't get a degen haha
Last edited by donbrawler on Jan 25, 2021, 1:56:46 AM
Im currently running the CI build. Seems pretty zdps at the moment, sirus and conquerors and even some map bosses take 6 years to kill. Any advice on whether i should just swap to LL now or upgrade items first? What items should i prioritise? I have about 14 ex to spend

While mapping I found deactivating malevolence and using discipline for the extra 1k ES while clearing to avoid getting gangbanged (profane bloom clears fine anyway) has helped dying less, and then turning on malevolence for boss fights is good.

https://pastebin.com/g9Mg2q3W
"
Im currently running the CI build. Seems pretty zdps at the moment, sirus and conquerors and even some map bosses take 6 years to kill. Any advice on whether i should just swap to LL now or upgrade items first? What items should i prioritise? I have about 14 ex to spend

While mapping I found deactivating malevolence and using discipline for the extra 1k ES while clearing to avoid getting gangbanged (profane bloom clears fine anyway) has helped dying less, and then turning on malevolence for boss fights is good.

once upon a time I would have said stay CI. Now: get Shavronne and prism guardian, you will never look back.
"

If you want to stay CI:
Herald of Ice ruins your EE and cuts your damage a lot. You definitely have to get rid of it. Also you should change your shield, your current one is kinda bad. You can get some damage by adding cold multi to the gloves (reroll them with denses till you get good ES nodes in prefs, block cold res with bench and aug cold to get cold dot multi). Rings and amulet are kinda garbage (you can invest into +2 amulet and good
opal rings)

If you want to spec to LL:
You'll probably spend the majority of your currency on your Shav and Chayula's amulet (anoitment, catalysts etc.). So, the best advice would be to improve your gloves and rings. The next priority should be to change a belt (well rolled Crusader's Crystal Belt will give you a lot of ES).
Last edited by Its_OP on Jan 25, 2021, 7:25:21 AM
"
roselan wrote:
"

once upon a time I would have said stay CI. Now: get Shavronne and prism guardian, you will never look back.

Actually, in the current boss-killing league CI is an option. But the gear is much more expensive then LL's one.
"
"

If you want to stay CI:
Herald of Ice ruins your EE and cuts your damage a lot. You definitely have to get rid of it. Also you should change your shield, your current one is kinda bad. You can get some damage by adding cold multi to the gloves (reroll them with denses till you get good ES nodes in prefs, block cold res with bench and aug cold to get cold dot multi). Rings and amulet are kinda garbage (you can invest into +2 amulet and good
opal rings)

If you want to spec to LL:
You'll probably spend the majority of your currency on your Shav and Chayula's amulet (anoitment, catalysts etc.). So, the best advice would be to improve your gloves and rings. The next priority should be to change a belt (well rolled Crusader's Crystal Belt will give you a lot of ES).

Im not using herald of ice, just had it in there to deal with porcupines. ive been using vaal grace in that slot regularly. Is the shield not ok with the ES on block? shak seemed to imply that was a very good mod but i guess the stats arent that great. thanks for the tips

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info