[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
donbrawler wrote:
How is mana regen using those auras? My POB only has 187 mana left and I was planning using Clarity and Vitality since I use Vortex on left click I need the mana regen badly.

I have clarity 8 and vitality 14. (On standard I can use a vitality 6 or less due to much greater aura effect). Vitality is limited by my str, then I push clarity until I have 120 - 150 mana left. I have 100.8 mana regen atm and vortex cooldown enchant, making it cost the same but way more often. I have no mana problem until I burn frenzy changes to spam cold snap. I think I heard the "I don't have enough mana for that" line like 3 times this whole league.
"
Telleiras wrote:
Hey guys, the build is amazing! Just reached red maps and switched to LL and i'm really enjoying. Thanks Shak for the guide and Donbrawler and Roselan for the tips in reply's. What would you guys recommend for my next upgrade? Survivability and damage are fine, i just wanna focus on my next upgrade.

POB: https://pastebin.com/ACFdpTeP / Profile is open too!

Thanks!

0. flask: replace jade with basalt
1. 6L
2. thread of hope
3. cluster jewel
4. cinderswallow
5. rare belt + mark of the shaper
6. more better gear and jewels
7. dps watcher eye

ps: if you insist on using a mana flask, please at least use an Enduring one.

Getting a corrupted lv 21/0 corrupted vortex gem would a good very cheap upgrade (20c)
I had issues with Maven invitations applying a Chaos DOT called Spatial Decay. If you are LL, Spatial Decay (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Decay) causes you to still "take damage" even if you are max chaos res and are regenerating ES. Because of this, your ES recharge does not kick in. If you have this debuff on you, then you must run around for 10 seconds until the debuff expires before your ES recharge kicks in. I couldn't clear Maven's Invitation The Hidden (breachlords) and The Feared (Cortex, Chayula, Uber Atziri, Shaper, Elder).

I worked out that I could get some ES leech on the tree, speccing out of Wicked Ward, going in to Zealots Oath + Ghost Reaver, run high level Vitality, sacrifice your 6 link Vortex by swapping Swift Affliction for Creeping Frost and then spamming Creeping Frost. The initial hit of your spells will leech ES. For my build, it is about 1.5k - 2k ES leech which blast through most degens. Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/jrmfpVQu

There are tons of ways to do this. I tried just doing Creeping Frost in the helm instead of Cold Snap but I missed the Vaal Cold Snap. I tried Vaal Cold Snap in the chest with Creeping Frost still in the helm and wasn't getting big chills. It was all still very viable though. You could even try using a completely different skill. Just giving everyone ideas if you had the same issues I did. I cleared The Hidden and the Feared.
Last edited by HK41251 on Jan 24, 2021, 9:11:08 PM
Sweet, thanks for the tip, gonna try it out tommorow, I got hidden down relatively painlessly but failed twice on feared so far. How did you manage flasks and Vaal CS in that fight? I personally used them to burst down Atziri when she came up because she seemed like the most rippy one but it might also depend on composition/order when they come out.
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
CelticHound wrote:
I'm playing SSF so have limited fusing orbs and am generally a slow player.

Should I assume this will be my end-game armour and try to 6-link it?

Its a good start for sure. Get it to 6 sockets and 5link - 6link it.

Keep and eye for a Crusader Vaal Regalia is has good mods and the Maven Orb is OP

Maven Orb outcome
1 to Level of Socketed Intelligence Gems
12% increased Intelligence

Thanks for the reply - it's reassuring, because I think with my other gear this will let me transition to CI with 6k ES. (Since it's SSF, I'm planning on staying CI, unless I get really lucky.)
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
CelticHound wrote:
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
CelticHound wrote:
I'm playing SSF so have limited fusing orbs and am generally a slow player.

Should I assume this will be my end-game armour and try to 6-link it?

Its a good start for sure. Get it to 6 sockets and 5link - 6link it.

Keep and eye for a Crusader Vaal Regalia is has good mods and the Maven Orb is OP

Maven Orb outcome
1 to Level of Socketed Intelligence Gems
12% increased Intelligence

Thanks for the reply - it's reassuring, because I think with my other gear this will let me transition to CI with 6k ES. (Since it's SSF, I'm planning on staying CI, unless I get really lucky.)

You could potentially farm Shavs via div cards, but it will be tricky to get all the bells and whistles, needing things like thread of hope/intuitive leap. Just doing the switch myself in trade league, and needed to spend a bit extra to stretch the points across. Was 6300 es, now 5800. But get the benefit of vitality aura :)
So I am definitely missing something here, but why are we using Hypothermia and Elemental focus? Hypothermia increases freeze and chill % and effect but elemental focus makes it so we cant apply freeze and chill.
"
Sweet, thanks for the tip, gonna try it out tommorow, I got hidden down relatively painlessly but failed twice on feared so far. How did you manage flasks and Vaal CS in that fight? I personally used them to burst down Atziri when she came up because she seemed like the most rippy one but it might also depend on composition/order when they come out.

Yeah order definitely matters. I for me, here is how I rank them in terms of scariness from easiest to hardest, keeping in mind they are all deadly:

Chayula: Pretty easy to avoid the chaos bolts if you can fight the other boss(es) on the other side of the arena.

Cortex (synthete): This one can be rough depending on how many void zones get placed on the ground. However most of it's attacks can be easily avoided.

Shaper: Shaper doing shaper things. It gets hard in combination with Elder and everyone else but mostly avoidable. The hard part is making sure you kite his void balls away properly because shaper ground degen combined with Cortex ground degen is very bad.

Atziri: She does a ton of arena wide damage that can one shot. Very hard to avoid and also very hard to get in to attack. Try to prioritize her if Elder is not already out.

Elder: The worst. All the slows, his arena wide explosion confining you to a small area when dealing with all the other bosses? This should be the #1 kill ASAP if Elder is out on the field.
Last edited by HK41251 on Jan 24, 2021, 11:39:22 PM
"
I had issues with Maven invitations applying a Chaos DOT called Spatial Decay. If you are LL, Spatial Decay (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Decay) causes you to still "take damage" even if you are max chaos res and are regenerating ES. Because of this, your ES recharge does not kick in. If you have this debuff on you, then you must run around for 10 seconds until the debuff expires before your ES recharge kicks in. I couldn't clear Maven's Invitation The Hidden (breachlords) and The Feared (Cortex, Chayula, Uber Atziri, Shaper, Elder).

I worked out that I could get some ES leech on the tree, speccing out of Wicked Ward, going in to Zealots Oath + Ghost Reaver, run high level Vitality, sacrifice your 6 link Vortex by swapping Swift Affliction for Creeping Frost and then spamming Creeping Frost. The initial hit of your spells will leech ES. For my build, it is about 1.5k - 2k ES leech which blast through most degens. Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/jrmfpVQu

There are tons of ways to do this. I tried just doing Creeping Frost in the helm instead of Cold Snap but I missed the Vaal Cold Snap. I tried Vaal Cold Snap in the chest with Creeping Frost still in the helm and wasn't getting big chills. It was all still very viable though. You could even try using a completely different skill. Just giving everyone ideas if you had the same issues I did. I cleared The Hidden and the Feared.

Glad I read this, I Just Finished Twisted and The Formed and was about to start doing bosses for the feared and The hidden.

Are you using Vaal Discipline? Did you Alch the Invitations? From what it seem doing them white is what everyone suggests because maps mods make the fights to difficult. Just Curious because the other fights where a joke lol
Last edited by donbrawler on Jan 25, 2021, 12:29:47 AM
"
"

Yeah order definitely matters. I for me, here is how I rank them in terms of scariness from easiest to hardest, keeping in mind they are all deadly:

Chayula: Pretty easy to avoid the chaos bolts if you can fight the other boss(es) on the other side of the arena.

Cortex (synthete): This one can be rough depending on how many void zones get placed on the ground. However most of it's attacks can be easily avoided.

Shaper: Shaper doing shaper things. It gets hard in combination with Elder and everyone else but mostly avoidable. The hard part is making sure you kite his void balls away properly because shaper ground degen combined with Cortex ground degen is very bad.

Atziri: She does a ton of arena wide damage that can one shot. Very hard to avoid and also very hard to get in to attack. Try to prioritize her if Elder is not already out.

Elder: The worst. All the slows, his arena wide explosion confining you to a small area when dealing with all the other bosses? This should be the #1 kill ASAP if Elder is out on the field.

Do we need Reduced Elemental reflect for this fight? I usually run cheap watcher eye with 50% reduced and Sibyl ring to make Uber Atziri super easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info