[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
st0rmie wrote:
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Just wanted to share that i got Uber Elder deathless tonight.

Nice one, I just got my first deathless Sirus! Only on AL5, but still, I'm happy to have a build that gives me enough damage, mobility and visibility that I was able to execute that!

(SSF here, also)

That's pretty impressive given you only have a 5L!
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"
st0rmie wrote:
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Just wanted to share that i got Uber Elder deathless tonight.

Nice one, I just got my first deathless Sirus! Only on AL5, but still, I'm happy to have a build that gives me enough damage, mobility and visibility that I was able to execute that!

(SSF here, also)

That's pretty impressive given you only have a 5L!

Cheers! I have an ilvl 84, 47% quality, 6 socket Vaal Regalia that I'm feeding all my spare Fusings into, no luck yet though. :-|
"
jpar wrote:
In the crafting section it states:

"Once you've determined what items remain for you to craft, get out the LOWEST level base from the 2 items of each type that you farmed from the Ossuary. You'll be working on them in this order (skipping any that you have a rare for):"

What is meant by lowest level base?

I think that "lowest level" here refers to the "item level" or "ilvl" - if you hold the "ALT" key while hovering over an item, it will show you the item's level (it's based on the monster level of the area in which the item drops).

An item's level determines the tier of modifiers that it can randomly roll - higher item levels allow for higher-tier (which usually means better) mods.

There's a setting under "Options > UI" that may need to be enabled to see this, it's called "Advanced Mod Descriptions" or something similar.

Hi!

Enjoying the guide so far, thought I'd point out a little nuance of the official trade site that may help slim down the "Item Search" section (and help with housekeeping for the guide).

It appears that GGG's web team has implemented the linking such that it will take old leagues and update them to the current league - this way, old searches are still relevant and still work (as long as the mods haven't changed or been removed a la Cluster Jewels).

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/4moVXrMc9

^ That's a search for Astramentis, observe that the browser (or server, not sure how they implemented the routing change) will update "Delirium" to "Harvest".

Neat!
BIG gg to shak for his minishak!

I'm expecting a Daddy for Dummies guide pretty soon, and I'm sure it will be excellent :)
Any love for Crown of the Inward Eye as a helm option? I just had one drop and it was a massive DPS boost over my previous rare helm, at the cost of needing to rejig a few resists. And comparing it to Rime Gaze (which I haven't found one of yet), it actually would still give 7% more Vortex DOT damage, at the cost of a tiny bit of ES.

Obviously Cold Snap is boosted a lot if you socket it in Rime Gaze and get the Conc Effect support, but I have to say, overall, I think I'd still prefer Crown of the Inward Eye?

Last edited by st0rmie on Aug 22, 2020, 8:52:16 PM
"
st0rmie wrote:
Any love for Crown of the Inward Eye as a helm option? I just had one drop and it was a massive DPS boost over my previous rare helm, at the cost of needing to rejig a few resists. And comparing it to Rime Gaze (which I haven't found one of yet), it actually would still give 7% more Vortex DOT damage, at the cost of a tiny bit of ES.

Obviously Cold Snap is boosted a lot if you socket it in Rime Gaze and get the Conc Effect support, but I have to say, overall, I think I'd still prefer Crown of the Inward Eye?

I tried it and got a 8% drop in DOT damage and a 1.2% drop in ES. I assume you re-anointed your amulet from Tranquility to Growth and Decay?

"
Cau8ery wrote:
I tried it and got a 8% drop in DOT damage and a 1.2% drop in ES. I assume you re-anointed your amulet from Tranquility to Growth and Decay?

Nah I've only ever had a single Golden Oil drop in all my days (which I used for Growth and Decay), so I've never had Tranquility anointed.

Looks like 126% of the 156% spell damage the Crown provides for me is from Transfiguration of Soul, so yeah, the Tranquility anoint would render the Crown completely irrelevant. Good point!
Oh boy, this build sure is resilient. I managed to get 75% attack block and 70% spell block, and interchanged Increased Duration with flesh and stone after getting all the mana reservation nodes to have an additional defensive layer.

After adding flesh and stone to the mix I feel like I am way more tanky than my full block glad. Pretty nice build.
Nice build. At first I didn't find it tanky enough but it just took a few maps to get used to the playstyle. Love the ES gain on the shield so I'll stick to the CI version. LL without prism is pointless.

I've got a couple of suggestions. First, command of steel is an excellent anointment. It's very cheap and its damage is second only to tranquility which is double golden. With that I got capped block without Rumi's. Second IC needs a lot of strength which we lack and its not worth getting just for that. I used phase run (perfect for a build that doesn't spam its skill) and tempest shield which procs EE and gives 6% block/spell block with glancing blows.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info