[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

First time I´m playing Vortex and so far I love it.
The playstyle really suits me and I wanted to say thank you for the great build guide (even if I´m still in the leveling process).

One Question though: I´m playing the game on PS4 and only have a MacBook as Computer. So I can´t use PoB :(
If found a PoB-Online Tool (PoE Buddy), but the tree ist not updated to 3.11.
Would it be possible to post Screenshots of the lvl-tree and the lvl 80 tree?
That would be amazing.

Heya Morb,

Not sure if the below is helpful? Otherwise, just look at peoples profiles and check out their skilltrees, also try POE Ninja, can look for Vortex in the skills and see their skilltree's

Edit : Can't show the image, try this link : https://pasteboard.co/JlHDIqTx.png
Last edited by l33tsmurf on Aug 10, 2020, 6:15:04 AM
"
l33tsmurf wrote:
Heya Morb,

Not sure if the below is helpful? Otherwise, just look at peoples profiles and check out their skilltrees, also try POE Ninja, can look for Vortex in the skills and see their skilltree's

Edit : Can't show the image, try this link : https://pasteboard.co/JlHDIqTx.png

Awesome - thank you :)
So this league I played Trickster as I wanted to test Wintertide brand like all of us Vortex lovers.

My findings this league:

* with a small cluster jewel with "Elegant Form" and "Arcane swiftness" on tree you can craft "25% chance to avoid elemental ailments" on both gloves and helm, for a total of 100% and it rocks. Note that it doesn't protect you from ground effects, but apart delve burning ground (where abberath mini god works) it's no issue. All in all, it's pretty op and totally worth it.

* You can use Frostbolt in a cyclone setup: cyclone + cwc + gmp + frostbolt in fortify boots. Greater volley and even Frozen Trail work perfectly too. With this setup you still never stop. And the clear is just amazing! You never have to do "two passes", slalom for trailing mobs or simply walk back. During delve encounters, the full screen is literally covered in vortexes (as well as the entry points to the delve zone). For Sirus and Shaper (the no-flask allowed bosses) I replace gmp and frostolt with frostbite and culling strike. Please remember that you need a scepter for all this to work, not a wand. But perma fortify is too strong to just pass by.

* You can travel near glancing blows and take the Sanctuary wheel instead of using a thread of hope. It's pretty strong too.

Last edited by roselan on Aug 10, 2020, 11:39:56 AM
"
Morb_84 wrote:
First time I´m playing Vortex and so far I love it.
The playstyle really suits me and I wanted to say thank you for the great build guide (even if I´m still in the leveling process).

One Question though: I´m playing the game on PS4 and only have a MacBook as Computer. So I can´t use PoB :(
If found a PoB-Online Tool (PoE Buddy), but the tree ist not updated to 3.11.
Would it be possible to post Screenshots of the lvl-tree and the lvl 80 tree?
That would be amazing.

I was in the same boat as you. You can download a program called WINE, you are then able to install and run windows programs such as PoB :)
Hi there.

First of all, thanks for making this build, it seems just so natural and secure, killing everything up to 16+ maps while watching twitch.

At the moment I am wondering what I can change to get even better. I think I could use both more dmg and def, the char seems to be well balanced at the moment. But every update now seems to get really expensive.

And, to me it seems that going lowlife would make me much more squishy which I would really hate. Do you recommend going lowlife no matter what?

I got an even better ES chest crafted, with 550+ES that I only need to 6link.
I thought that changing to new boots from rainbowstride would be possible, but I just like the block chance. Besides, I got enough allres.

Lastly, which Lab Enchants should I go for? I didn't find a section in the guide for it.

Feel free to comment/recommend better gear!

Thanks
"
mystroop wrote:
Hi there.

First of all, thanks for making this build, it seems just so natural and secure, killing everything up to 16+ maps while watching twitch.

At the moment I am wondering what I can change to get even better. I think I could use both more dmg and def, the char seems to be well balanced at the moment. But every update now seems to get really expensive.

And, to me it seems that going lowlife would make me much more squishy which I would really hate. Do you recommend going lowlife no matter what?

I got an even better ES chest crafted, with 550+ES that I only need to 6link.
I thought that changing to new boots from rainbowstride would be possible, but I just like the block chance. Besides, I got enough allres.

Lastly, which Lab Enchants should I go for? I didn't find a section in the guide for it.

Feel free to comment/recommend better gear!

Thanks

Low life you will lose some defense, as you're no longer chaos immune, and you may have a bit lower ES. With pretty well spec'd gear you can get it pretty high. I'm in SSF playing LL, around 7.8k ES, and with some skill/luck I can do shaper & sirus deathless. I haven't tried uber elder yet, im trying to finish a craft on a better shield first.

For enchants, Vortex damage doesn't seem to add a whole lot. One could get the CDR to fire them off more quickly. I think really though going for a corrupted implicit to get + gems of somekind would be best & boost the spell you have linked there.
In the crafting section it states:

"Once you've determined what items remain for you to craft, get out the LOWEST level base from the 2 items of each type that you farmed from the Ossuary. You'll be working on them in this order (skipping any that you have a rare for):"

What is meant by lowest level base?
Just wanted to share that i got Uber Elder deathless tonight. First time ever beating them deathless, as well as on SSF.
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Just wanted to share that i got Uber Elder deathless tonight.

Nice one, I just got my first deathless Sirus! Only on AL5, but still, I'm happy to have a build that gives me enough damage, mobility and visibility that I was able to execute that!

(SSF here, also)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info