[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Glockass1 wrote:
I am doing zDPS vs bosses and some tough elites with this build. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong aside from not having a super great wand.

I had similar gear and gem setups to you at one point and my biggest improvements at that stage was moving Bonechill to Cold Snap and running Controlled Destruction on my Vortex.

Controlled Destruction gives significantly more damage and you will get the damage increase effect on Bonechill for your Vortex anyway when you overlap it with Cold Snap. When you get a 6L, use Swift Affliction as the final Vortex link.
Last edited by scrambled777 on Jun 28, 2020, 11:51:02 PM
We take Glancing blow only in the low life version? ty
"
FedeS wrote:

I took it somewhere in my 80s when I was CI. I'm 90 now and still CI because I'm too poor to afford LL gear, in part because of the 85c I spent on a thread of hope. In the meantime, GB has been good to me.
Last edited by GERWARIC on Jun 29, 2020, 1:06:47 AM
"
scrambled777 wrote:
"
Glockass1 wrote:
I am doing zDPS vs bosses and some tough elites with this build. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong aside from not having a super great wand.

I had similar gear and gem setups to you at one point and my biggest improvements at that stage was moving Bonechill to Cold Snap and running Controlled Destruction on my Vortex.

Controlled Destruction gives significantly more damage and you will get the damage increase effect on Bonechill for your Vortex anyway when you overlap it with Cold Snap. When you get a 6L, use Swift Affliction as the final Vortex link.

Thanks mate, I will try it out. I removed Wintertide Brand and put Cold Snap on my helmet with Bonechill, Elemental Focus and Efficacy. In my 5L chest I'm using Vortex, Controlled Destruction, Hypothermia, Efficacy and Elemental Focus.
"
GERWARIC wrote:
"
FedeS wrote:

I took it somewhere in my 80s when I was CI. I'm 90 now and still CI because I'm too poor to afford LL gear, in part because of the 85c I spent on a thread of hope. In the meantime, GB has been good to me.

ty
Last edited by FedeS on Jun 29, 2020, 11:27:18 PM
can any1 post for me inside spoiler the full code for the pob?
whenever i try to copy through pastebin it says "can't resolve hostname"
Really digging the guide and the skill itself, I changed from CI to LL today. Not sure if the damage is that much higher, I'm still trying out things, but I have one major gripe so far.

My energy shield dropped a little, to about 7,5k. I was comfortable at slighty over 8k ES with CI, but here I seem to die A LOT more. I blame it on the lack of a guard skill (immortal call). Is there a way to make up for the loss? I'm not sure getting more ES will be the answer, as I usually die from 100 to 0 one shots (block chance is over 70%, resists capped). Could anyone please take a look at my build and advise me what I'm doing wrong? Or is it really the low amount of ES?

Besides that having lots of fun with the build so far.

Thanks in advance
Would using Wintertide Brand proc EE and make it work against us when using Vortex?
"
Vermenth wrote:
Would using Wintertide Brand proc EE and make it work against us when using Vortex?

As far as I understand the brand it won't, since it only deals DoT, and not on hit damage. EE states "Enemies you hit with elemental damage...". Same reason why Vortex doesn't proc EE. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to make a whole build around it imo.
Everyone,

While the guide is being updated, I've added a list of anointment choices to the front page. They will be integrated into the guide as it is updated. Go nuts!
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info