[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
ThundraBoy666 wrote:
"
Vermenth wrote:
Would using Wintertide Brand proc EE and make it work against us when using Vortex?

As far as I understand the brand it won't, since it only deals DoT, and not on hit damage. EE states "Enemies you hit with elemental damage...". Same reason why Vortex doesn't proc EE. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to make a whole build around it imo.

So Wintertide never hits, and never ever procs EE. Just so we're totally clear, casting Vortex does hit, but the DoT itself never does, so the hit is overridden. Just making sure everyone is clear
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
E: nvm figured out my problem lol. are we supposed to be running temp chains with ci? i bought the temp chains enchant but i see its under the ll section
Last edited by ondalow on Jun 29, 2020, 2:59:32 PM
Still not seeing the benefits of using wintertide in a vortex build. Casting wintertide 3 times with its short duration really removes a lot of the mobility of this build but the damage also does not seem anywhere near worth the sacrifice.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am tempted to refund the entire brand branch just so I can put the point into cluster jewels with vile reinvigoration.
Last edited by Duelingk on Jun 29, 2020, 8:06:16 PM
"
Duelingk wrote:
Still not seeing the benefits of using wintertide in a vortex build. Casting wintertide 3 times with its short duration really removes a lot of the mobility of this build but the damage also does not seem anywhere near worth the sacrifice.

I am tempted to refund the entire brand branch just so I can put the point into cluster jewels with vile reinvigoration.

It's pretty much only for bossing, you won't cast it during mapping, maybe less than 1%
"
Duelingk wrote:

Forgot to mention this is purely bossing.
Last edited by Duelingk on Jun 30, 2020, 2:03:14 AM
Hello there,

on PoB's LL tree you have Vile Bastion and in the written guide you say to respect it for malediction. Is the respect still the go too (when you have the Presence of Chayula ofc) ?

It would also save 5 points in the tree by removing Whispers of Doom, probably for ES nodes under the Witch start.

Thanks for the great and well written guide !
"
ondalow wrote:
E: nvm figured out my problem lol. are we supposed to be running temp chains with ci? i bought the temp chains enchant but i see its under the ll section

No, we're not. The PoB is just setup badly for the calcs. It's using all the gem links rather than the setup-specific ones. What I mean by that is it's using both CI and LL links for calcs.
Last edited by Mitchlol on Jun 30, 2020, 4:06:14 AM
"
Mitchlol wrote:
"
ondalow wrote:

No, we're not. The PoB is just setup badly for the calcs. It's using all the gem links rather than the setup-specific ones. What I mean by that is it's using both CI and LL links for calcs.

Yeah I'm not sure why it's doing that. I went through and made sure everything was unchecked when I put out the latest PoB and it just checked everything instead. Same thing happens to me if I load the PoB into my other computer.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Which anoint should we use?

Dont have 2x gold..
Are large clusters worth it with the upcoming changes Bex outlined https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2890746?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info