[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Am I right that the "Gain X% of Cold Damage as extra Chaos Damage" mod doesn't interfere with EE because chaos damage is not elemental damage?

Also, is there a reason not to use Bated Breath except for its lack of resistances? That belt is currently worth over 600 ES on my character.
What advantages besides higher eHp does ES have over HP ? would a life based version of this be possible ?
"
the100x wrote:
What advantages besides higher eHp does ES have over HP ? would a life based version of this be possible ?

ES has recharge, which is unique to ES. It is *not* regen.

Recharge starts after 2 seconds by default, that can be brought down to 1 second realistically. Vaal Discipline makes recharge starts immediately.

Without wicked ward recharge is interrupted by any hit. Recharge strength is 20% of your es recharge per second, not affected by "no regen" maps. With mods it's can be way higher. On my trickster, it's 80% (5512/6899). On Occultists it's generally 60%. This is massive when recharge is up, it's hard to be killed.

Finally ES has two prefix on most gear, flat and %. That's why you normally have twice as much ES as HP. This helps for big one hits, more that you think.

A HP version is possible but clunky. there is not a lot of HP nodes in the region, and reaching the scion life wheel is very demanding in build starving mainly for skill nodes. As the build doesn't have much dps on tree itself, it relies on auras and curses. Low life allows you to reserve all your life in addition to 95% of your mana. It just works better with ES imo.
Last edited by roselan on Jun 28, 2020, 4:51:05 AM
Hello fellow Occultists. Wonderful guide here. I have been trying to find a helmet that allows me to have better QoL than Mind Gaze. All POB tests show that even a 7 exalted Shaper Hubris helmet pales in comparison DPS Wise for a marginal ES Gain. Almost same happens with Bated Breath belt. Tons of ex investment for almost no gain. What am I missing here?

Ed. Also, Enduring Cry with Zealoths Oath, to me, must be the best gem introduced in 3.11. Massive ES Regen on demand+Phys Red.

Ed2.Noobie one: I can´t make POB show any DPS increase with EE, with Orb of Storms triggered by Wand along with Frost Bomb. Do I need non cold flat damage anywhere in my gear to proc it?
Last edited by ArisFuser on Jun 28, 2020, 6:55:07 AM
"
ArisFuser wrote:
Hello fellow Occultists. Wonderful guide here. I have been trying to find a helmet that allows me to have better QoL than Mind Gaze. All POB tests show that even a 7 exalted Shaper Hubris helmet pales in comparison DPS Wise for a marginal ES Gain. Almost same happens with Bated Breath belt. Tons of ex investment for almost no gain. What am I missing here?

Ed. Also, Enduring Cry with Zealoths Oath, to me, must be the best gem introduced in 3.11. Massive ES Regen on demand+Phys Red.

Because Mind Gaze has Cold DoT as a mod which gives more damage compared to just a high es hubris
Just bought a Rime Gaze with max Cold DOT and max cold damage and 194% increased ES. 4 Chaos... Think im done for the game helmet wise.
First and foremost, thanks for the guide.
I'm usually playing physical dmg builds, but wanted to try an ES caster for once. However, I'm really struggling and don't know which gear needs to be improved upon first.
If anyone could take a look at my character and tell me what the upgrade priority is, that'd be great.

I have around 8k ES. Survivability is okay, clear speed is meh (only 30% MS boots so far), but I lack damage big time. I need 5+ minutes for conquerors (A4), normal map bosses are slow as well and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

So regarding playstyle: You run around, cast vortex in packs, cold snap other packs in the distance? Not sure how to use those two together. And when it comes to bosses, I'm completely lost, as I have to juggle three spells then.

Any help is appreciated.
If we're using Elemental Focus then how does Chill proc?
"
pheeeL wrote:
First and foremost, thanks for the guide.
I'm usually playing physical dmg builds, but wanted to try an ES caster for once. However, I'm really struggling and don't know which gear needs to be improved upon first.
If anyone could take a look at my character and tell me what the upgrade priority is, that'd be great.

I have around 8k ES. Survivability is okay, clear speed is meh (only 30% MS boots so far), but I lack damage big time. I need 5+ minutes for conquerors (A4), normal map bosses are slow as well and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

So regarding playstyle: You run around, cast vortex in packs, cold snap other packs in the distance? Not sure how to use those two together. And when it comes to bosses, I'm completely lost, as I have to juggle three spells then.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit : Im dumb. Remove your life flask, you're CI, a life flask doesnt do anything for you. Get an utility flask with bleed immunity.

The gameplay for bossing is usually drop the skill that has Bonechill linked to so for you Cold Snap and Vortex, then use your WinterTide to help for dmg. Repeat until the boss is dead.

Its not the fastest build to kill conq bosses but its extremely safe as long you just don't facetank slams or oneshot attacks. If you want more damage, you can go LL and get a big upgrade in damage
Last edited by TsunaH on Jun 28, 2020, 8:36:02 AM
"
You have Bonechill AND Elemental Focus in your chest. Elemental Focus makes your vortex/cold snap not chilling enemies therefore you lose A LOT of damage on single target. Replace Elemental Focus with Controlled Destruction. Remove your life flask, you're CI, a life flask doesnt do anything for you. Get an utility flask with bleed immunity.

The gameplay for bossing is usually drop the skill that has Bonechill linked to so for you Cold Snap and Vortex, then use your WinterTide to help for dmg. Repeat until the boss is dead.

Its not the fastest build to kill conq bosses but its extremely safe as long you just don't facetank slams or oneshot attacks. If you want more damage, you can go LL and get a big upgrade in damage

Thanks. I have the life flask for the bleed, but will replace that for sure.

On page 1 in the official guide, Shak has bonechill AND elemental focus in the recommended gem setup, so I just copied that. Are we supposed to swap gems for bossing? I thought that's what Wintertide was for.

Bossing does feel safe and if I die, it's because I get impatient. I'm used to killing conquerors in under 10 seconds. 1 minute or more would be okay, but as I said, I'm taking close to 5 minutes, so I figured there HAS to be something I'm doing wrong.
Last edited by pheeeL on Jun 28, 2020, 8:10:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info