[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
ericlala wrote:
is wintertide worth using if i can only 4-link it? damage feels kinda meh even with 3 brands attached vs just using vortex/cold snap

Yea im not seeing any noticeable different in single target dps with wintertide brand. Im sure im doing something wrong but boss fights currently are the thing I struggle with most and would like wintertide brand to help with that.
@KorriKalari The damage is fine in red maps for me. Packs just die really fast with vortex/cold snap, bosses also die pretty fast. Conq bosses take a bit more time but its not that big of a deal.
Can this build be played without wintertide brand? With just vortex + cold snap?
Yes, it can. Im level 84 now, never used Winterbrand.
"
Bekse wrote:
Yes, it can. Im level 84 now, never used Winterbrand.

Nice! With low cast speed, I think winterbrand is too cluncky to play. I didnt like it.
Are people preferring LL or CI for this build? :)
Isn't wintertide just an addition for faster boss killing?
The version with Winterbrand and investing 4/5 extra skill points to get to Runebinder just doesn't seem worth it at all.

Sure Winterbrand helps a bit with single target but it's very clunky to use and without any investment in increased skill effect duration you really have to spam it to keep all brands up on the target - oftentimes at the expense of safety (moving around).

Another disadvantage is that we have to drop Stormbrand from the wand which is quite nice for moving targets to keep EE debuff up.

All in all it just seems that Winterbrand is being forced into this build due to it's novelty but when it comes to brands you really have to go all-in with skill tree investments to make them worthwhile.

I'll just drop Winterbrand and go back to Cold snap which also frees up 4/5 skill points to reinvest into jewel clusters.
"
Nayeen wrote:
The version with Winterbrand and investing 4/5 extra skill points to get to Runebinder just doesn't seem worth it at all.

Sure Winterbrand helps a bit with single target but it's very clunky to use and without any investment in increased skill effect duration you really have to spam it to keep all brands up on the target - oftentimes at the expense of safety (moving around).

Another disadvantage is that we have to drop Stormbrand from the wand which is quite nice for moving targets to keep EE debuff up.

All in all it just seems that Winterbrand is being forced into this build due to it's novelty but when it comes to brands you really have to go all-in with skill tree investments to make them worthwhile.

I'll just drop Winterbrand and go back to Cold snap which also frees up 4/5 skill points to reinvest into jewel clusters.

Maybe add wintertide without runebinder only for bosses and/or only for campaing?
Btw, we get Glancing blows node only in the LL version?
Im using Cold Snap / Vortex because I dont like having 3 main skills to maintain.

But Wintertide / Vortex is good too considering Waggle got 1st kill on the Harvest boss with it as Trickster. I guess its just preference

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info