[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

"
Aquarism wrote:
"
keygy wrote:

First of all you dont have a single 6L and that the first thing that is slowing your damage, second are you guys really getting the opus looking at your pob? Opus its only best than arborix when you have a ridiculous amount of crit in the build, and for that gear you need to invest a LOT, usually arborix its cheap and have way more damage than opus.

other upgrades can be getting dying sun, the iceshot enchant etc...

I will test it out in std, and perhaps add it to the gearing section. with guardians being rarer, the price for this bow will likley be high.

buying a 6l arborix its more costly than death opus sure, for me the best approach is to get arborix, get tabula or a rare 6L that is really cheap, and when you have more currency getting hyrrie irie and doing a 6L.

Death's opus is the best weapon for this build, but when i was testing with your pob, esoro and others, Death opus only get "OP" when you have a insane amount of crit in the gear, arborix without the 6L is 0,5 ex more cheap than opus as have more raw damage.

Im gonna get Death opus when i have better gear for sure, but for a people that cannot invest much in the build in the beginning, arborix surely is the best bow they can get, or a chin sol if they dont want to buy the arborix, chin sol have a really solid damage per 1-2c tbh

Btw you guide is awesome aquarism.
Last edited by keygy on Dec 23, 2019, 6:18:50 AM
"
Zaicoo wrote:
I am really strugling with clearing T6 maps at this point.

My clear speed seems kinda OK, but when it comes to single target, I really feel like my DPS is low.

Metamorphs keeps on wrecking me COMPLETELY, and I just die constantly.

Would anyone be able to have a look at my char, and give me some pointers?
Because at this point/rate, I am getting really demoralised about this build... :-(

Lioneye bow its not really good in this build because in the clear setup you are "obligated" to run GMP, when with a arborix/death opus you can drop GMP and get elemental attackss or fork, for Single target bosses i dont like to run at all damage at full life because the uptime of the damage on this skill gem not gonna be 100% never more on metamorph bosses.
Hi nice guide im loving it so far.

I got some of the required gear and now iam wondering where I shoul invest my currency first. Could you look into my character and give me some advice?
"
keygy wrote:

buying a 6l arborix its more costly than death opus sure, for me the best approach is to get arborix, get tabula or a rare 6L that is really cheap, and when you have more currency getting hyrrie irie and doing a 6L.

Death's opus is the best weapon for this build, but when i was testing with your pob, esoro and others, Death opus only get "OP" when you have a insane amount of crit in the gear, arborix without the 6L is 0,5 ex more cheap than opus as have more raw damage.

Im gonna get Death opus when i have better gear for sure, but for a people that cannot invest much in the build in the beginning, arborix surely is the best bow they can get, or a chin sol if they dont want to buy the arborix, chin sol have a really solid damage per 1-2c tbh

Btw you guide is awesome aquarism.

glad you like my build ^^. I have taken your suggestion and tested it in pob, it seems chin sol performs better than death opus as soon as you get any source of additional arrows, you would need to take point blank and be in melee range, though.

"
Siefert wrote:
Hi nice guide im loving it so far.

I got some of the required gear and now iam wondering where I shoul invest my currency first. Could you look into my character and give me some advice?

Your next upgrade should definitely be a Hyrri ire, at least 5l.

edit: smaller upgrades can be curse on hit ring, better quiver. in tree take herbalism notable. cheap +1 barrag enchant should be fine too. also buy a corrupted 6l body armour.
My Ice Shot Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684

Standard Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2623978
Last edited by Aquarism on Dec 23, 2019, 7:36:12 AM
"
Changelog:
23/12/2019: updated gearing section with 3 new bow swaps, re added taming. mentioned damage on full life swap in gem section, better explained FAQ. POB amended with 2 new bows, made standard jewels relic, expanded notes. POb V1.04.

My Ice Shot Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684

Standard Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2623978
Would an elder chest with more base crit come close to ire at all?( I would pob check, but only got a phone for Xmas traveling).

Otherwise enjoying this build very much. My lazy ass 5l doing red tier easily :) perma freezing the morphs rocks (well, seems to be a bug with that last few patches if forums are right). Trying to work in dual curses, but not easy ;)
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Would an elder chest with more base crit come close to ire at all?( I would pob check, but only got a phone for Xmas traveling).

Otherwise enjoying this build very much. My lazy ass 5l doing red tier easily :) perma freezing the morphs rocks (well, seems to be a bug with that last few patches if forums are right). Trying to work in dual curses, but not easy ;)

try to create a item in the pob with crit to see its really have more dps, but hyrrie have a huge flat damage, 10% to each greater nodes of dodge and dodge spells, more evasion, its perfect :D
the precision gem you guys are leveling to lvl20?
Hey, I have some questions about this build which keep me really busy and anf frustrate me. Sorry if those questions might be simple, I've been playing this game casually and I actually want tolearn to understand this game more. I've been following your build. Managed to get Death's Opus 5L, QotF 5L, Lioneye's Fall and stuff and Jewels. In this build it deals like 500k and i have barely 100k. How am i supposed to reach that amount of dps? I have no Idea what to do to increase my Crit / or my Ice SHot DPS in general. I hope someone will be that kind to give me a few answers :)

Last edited by seablue on Dec 23, 2019, 9:52:57 AM
Hi Aquarism,

Thanks for the help earlier. I'm at 4.8k hp now feeling a lil squishy. but i guess its fine.
with the upgrade of Opus damage feels good in yellow maps.

but when i hit reds the damage seems to fall off. can i check if i should change anything here?.. or just aim for a hyrri next? (hp will drop to abt 4.6ish)

Last edited by pandadarren on Dec 23, 2019, 11:44:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info