[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

I don't trust tooltips, but I trust what I see. I am still leveling my toon, and when I test barrage it takes 2 seconds to kill a big ape, it takes one Ice shot arrow to kill it too. Again Barrage is linked to two supports (cold damage and WED) and Ice Shot is not linked to anything. tooltip says Ice Shot ~450 dps, barrage ~120. (let's not comment on how low this all is it's a lvl 20ish toon)

edit: I don't think you people are wrong, I am just trying to understand whats going on here. Barrage is ~40ish % (still low level) attack damage and Ice sHot is ~120%. Frenzy would be at ~110% or something I guess?! This is what confuses me, that low % of damage on Barrage itself as a starting point. Sure it fires 4+ projectiles, but I can have that on frenzy too, and every other skill. They will scale up with number of projectiles, so will barrage, but since other skills start at 100%< damage and barrage at ~40%, what's the catch?
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Mar 16, 2020, 12:58:14 PM
I started Delirium with this build.
It is awesome to fullscreen clear everything :)

here is my poe.ninja build: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Frukker/Frukker_iceshot?i=12&search=class%3DDeadeye%26item%3DDeaths-Opus%2CDying-Sun%26skill%3DIce-Shot%26ice-shot-support%3DElemental-Damage-with-Attacks-Support

I did everything solo. Currently im struggleing with being frozen alot.. is there a fix for that?

Thanks for the guide, very good progession possible.
Last edited by Frukker on Mar 16, 2020, 12:57:09 PM
Hey, loving the build so far.

I'm currently level 76 and have been keeping back 6 skill points to take advantage of the new cluster jewel system. I've scanned through them and seen some one's that look pretty appealing to the build.

Any recommendation on what cluster notables would probably function with the build the best? Do you think nodes like streamlined, cold to the core, cold blooded killer, or maybe just heavy life nodes, like fettle?

Thanks.
Hey Aqua,

Been tryharding the League a bit and here's my feedback so far.

As some already mentionned it, the clear speed of this build makes it nice to play for a mechanic like Delirium, however it's really squishy for such a dangerous season, so players beware! Delirium can one shot you anytime it wants, especially with the server lags we've had the past few days, losing frames here and there.

On another point, I feel like during Delirium events we constantly take low damage, it makes me question the usefulness of damage on full life support, I'll keep an eye on it to confirm. And I would like to know your opinion on a good replacement for it.

I have to say league starting with this build isn't the best, but still is quite manageable. I had the chance of getting lucky with early exalt drops so I could quickly get in the comfort zone of the build once mapping.

To summarize, I really like the build, I don't regret picking it for the league, although I wish the league mechanics wouldn't one shot us so often.
Will try this build today was torn between this and YABB build but this seems decent.
Aqua, you need to update the Notes section of the gear part of the guide. You still refer as Death's Opus as the most mandatory item in the build :)
"
Ludak021 wrote:
I don't trust tooltips, but I trust what I see. I am still leveling my toon, and when I test barrage it takes 2 seconds to kill a big ape, it takes one Ice shot arrow to kill it too. Again Barrage is linked to two supports (cold damage and WED) and Ice Shot is not linked to anything. tooltip says Ice Shot ~450 dps, barrage ~120. (let's not comment on how low this all is it's a lvl 20ish toon)

edit: I don't think you people are wrong, I am just trying to understand whats going on here. Barrage is ~40ish % (still low level) attack damage and Ice sHot is ~120%. Frenzy would be at ~110% or something I guess?! This is what confuses me, that low % of damage on Barrage itself as a starting point. Sure it fires 4+ projectiles, but I can have that on frenzy too, and every other skill. They will scale up with number of projectiles, so will barrage, but since other skills start at 100%< damage and barrage at ~40%, what's the catch?

Barrage fires sequentialy, meaning all arrows from a single trigger can hit. other skills do not have this feature, only arrow per shot can hit, so scalling additional arrows only help with clear, but boosts barrage massivley.

"
CheshuR wrote:
Hey, loving the build so far.

I'm currently level 76 and have been keeping back 6 skill points to take advantage of the new cluster jewel system. I've scanned through them and seen some one's that look pretty appealing to the build.

Any recommendation on what cluster notables would probably function with the build the best? Do you think nodes like streamlined, cold to the core, cold blooded killer, or maybe just heavy life nodes, like fettle?

Thanks.

Not sure on the exact numbers, but my guess is, more life is always good, projectile dmg enchant has some nutty notables too. I would take out revenge of the hunted and force of nature to go for cluster jewel.

Still in the experiment phase myself.

"
Norfma wrote:
Hey Aqua,

Been tryharding the League a bit and here's my feedback so far.

As some already mentionned it, the clear speed of this build makes it nice to play for a mechanic like Delirium, however it's really squishy for such a dangerous season, so players beware! Delirium can one shot you anytime it wants, especially with the server lags we've had the past few days, losing frames here and there.

On another point, I feel like during Delirium events we constantly take low damage, it makes me question the usefulness of damage on full life support, I'll keep an eye on it to confirm. And I would like to know your opinion on a good replacement for it.

I have to say league starting with this build isn't the best, but still is quite manageable. I had the chance of getting lucky with early exalt drops so I could quickly get in the comfort zone of the build once mapping.

To summarize, I really like the build, I don't regret picking it for the league, although I wish the league mechanics wouldn't one shot us so often.

Thanks for the feedback, this build does need some currency to get off the ground. dmg on full life is good when you can clear entire screen with one shot, so you dont really take small dmg, any small dmg can be quickly leeched back, or via insta life pot.

if you want to swap, use cold pen.

Thanks for pointing out the notes, will update it now.
My Ice Shot Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684

Standard Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2623978
Thanks for the answer. I guess I will drop barrage until I ramp up AS and projectile numbers.

As for cold pen. it will only help with bosses and only to bring them to 0 res, you can't reduce enemies resists lower than 0 so it's useless for trash if you already have ~10~15 cold pen from passives. By useless I mean it's not as useful as something else could be instead.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
"
Ludak021 wrote:
you can't reduce enemies resists lower than 0
Yes you can, in the same manner as player resistances can be below 0 so can be monsters.
Is there a reason for not having an inspiration on the clear link?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info