[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

Thanks a lot for this reply. I'm working on reading all those comments etc :)

I was wondering, if i should change the whole build, or made some minor/manor changes to achive something serious. I've already invested about 15-20ex into this champ, which is pretty much from my point of view (previous Arc required only 6L Inpulsa and semi-expensive watcher eye).

In such case, i will swap into deadeye as it looks like a much stronger ascendency than raider.

The main case which now i will face, would be:
1) Should i change my uniq quiver into a rare one, or mine is ok?
2) Changing gem setup - just 20/20 gems aren't that expensive, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
3) Crafting my bow, or selling it as a great base (anyone know what price would be ok? it's in my 2nd weapon slot) and stay with Death's Opus
4) Do i understand it correctly, that my helmet should be definitly changed, according to the "gear section"?
5) Is my rare ring worth wearing (i know i will have to put anointment into the perk that allows me to put 2nd curse on enemies)? If it's not worth wearing, could someone help me price it?
"
Zeratul_PL wrote:
Thanks a lot for this reply. I'm working on reading all those comments etc :)

I was wondering, if i should change the whole build, or made some minor/manor changes to achive something serious. I've already invested about 15-20ex into this champ, which is pretty much from my point of view (previous Arc required only 6L Inpulsa and semi-expensive watcher eye).

In such case, i will swap into deadeye as it looks like a much stronger ascendency than raider.

The main case which now i will face, would be:
1) Should i change my uniq quiver into a rare one, or mine is ok?
2) Changing gem setup - just 20/20 gems aren't that expensive, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
3) Crafting my bow, or selling it as a great base (anyone know what price would be ok? it's in my 2nd weapon slot) and stay with Death's Opus
4) Do i understand it correctly, that my helmet should be definitly changed, according to the "gear section"?
5) Is my rare ring worth wearing (i know i will have to put anointment into the perk that allows me to put 2nd curse on enemies)? If it's not worth wearing, could someone help me price it?

If you change into deadeye then you have no way to get frenzy charges, so you'll have no choice but to get the rare quiver with frenzy charge on crit. Your helm is fine, just hope for the barrage fires an additional projectile from Uber Lab.

I'm not sure on the POB numbers, but wouldn't Mark of the elder ring be better than taming? So you get the bonus from having the shaper ring on.
Last edited by Vicente04 on Jan 29, 2020, 7:07:22 AM
Currently, i have some issues with res cap + stats requirements for everything. So changing ring (main res source) and quiver (main str+int source) will have huge impact on me.

I've just checked the prices for enchanted helmet - both uniqes and rare dex base. And i'm afraid it's too expensive for this moment for me.
Did you take the Allira reward from "deal with the bandits?"
no, but this won't be a big issue to change it (need to find the recepie to change it, as i killed them all)
no worries. the recipe is easy if you ever need it, 20 regrets and 1 lapis amulet. Just sell them to a vendor and you get a book you can use.

Also though the allira reward helps since it grants you +20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier as well as a little mana regeneration
Last edited by Vicente04 on Jan 29, 2020, 8:02:53 AM
"
Zeratul_PL wrote:
Currently, i have some issues with res cap + stats requirements for everything. So changing ring (main res source) and quiver (main str+int source) will have huge impact on me.

I've just checked the prices for enchanted helmet - both uniqes and rare dex base. And i'm afraid it's too expensive for this moment for me.

People in this thread are reporting good results and are generally pleased with Raider, so I don't think changing ascendancy would yield a satisfactory result for you.

Your helm and quiver are not a problem per se - they're excellent pieces of gear but I don't think they are any good for your current gear level, they become amazing with dex stacking which I believe requires some pretty brutal gear. What you see people wearing on poe.ninja on characters that have been lvl100 since week 2 of the league and have had a full set of awakened gems since week 1 is not really applicable to (compared to them) casual players like you and me.

Long story short - I think you would benefit from getting additional arrows for your ST - both on a helm enchant and on a quiver, you also need to get Dying Sun ASAP. And -9 to all resistances on your helm too - you really do want that it's an amazing DPS gain in my experience.

I do think for now you will see the best results by getting your arrow number up since barrage scales with arrow number/attack speed best and you should have sufficient attack speed for now with your ascendancy of attack speed per frenzy charge before thinking of getting it in jewels/gloves.

Also, look into replacing your taming with a Mark of the Elder since you're most likely not shocking bosses (at least, not enough to get even close to the 50% damage received by them up) - but be aware that that will start a cascading effect on the rest of your gear where you'll need to make up for the 100ish total resist on other pieces of your gear.
Last edited by domepro on Jan 29, 2020, 8:07:12 AM
Seems like i will spent this evening not on mapping, but on PoB, checking different combinations (changing to deadeye, some gear swaps which can be afford with my budget, maybe some gem changes). Is there a certian discord server, where i would be able to find such experts in the evening? :) as i don't want to creat spam/ single person discusion for few pages.

One very important question for the "barrage community" - did anyone checked, if with new "influence-merge" mechanics, we can have +2 arrows on quiver (mixing shaper and warlord influenced using awakener orb)? This would create some creazy boosts, if rest of the stats would be even semi-strong. I could check it, but it would use about half of my current funds to afford 2x influenced quivers with proper prefeixes and no other influenced suffixes plus the orb itself.
"
Zeratul_PL wrote:
Seems like i will spent this evening not on mapping, but on PoB, checking different combinations (changing to deadeye, some gear swaps which can be afford with my budget, maybe some gem changes). Is there a certian discord server, where i would be able to find such experts in the evening? :) as i don't want to creat spam/ single person discusion for few pages.

One very important question for the "barrage community" - did anyone checked, if with new "influence-merge" mechanics, we can have +2 arrows on quiver (mixing shaper and warlord influenced using awakener orb)? This would create some creazy boosts, if rest of the stats would be even semi-strong. I could check it, but it would use about half of my current funds to afford 2x influenced quivers with proper prefeixes and no other influenced suffixes plus the orb itself.

Hmm, I'm not really sure since I'm still too fresh to have properly considered researching crafting - will try to do some crafting till end of league just to prep for crafting in the next one.

That being said, I haven't actually seen a quiver with 2x bow attacks add an additional arrow or bow attacks add 2 additional arrows - but I have seen some corrupted ones that get the bow attacks add an additional arrow as an implicit.
"
domepro wrote:
"
Riviar90 wrote:

So as you can see, it is still far away from the 9kk I hope to have at some point :D I keep comparing with the original build here, and I made a small experiment. I removed ALL of the equipment from it, leaving only bow, flasks and skills. And... it has almost the same dps with nothing on the character as I do with full build. There... has to be something wrong with it, right? Here is link to PoB with naked version of original build: https://pastebin.com/eTWFubKX with 1,2kk barrage dps.

I have not checked your build, I'm at work

You need to mess with the configuration a bit, the naked 1.2kk barrage has:

1) [Items] - All flasks marked as active
2) [Configuration] - turn on tailwind, frenzy charges, power charges (assassins mark), inspiration charges, used movement skill recently, used skill recently, enemy is ignited, enemy is chilled, enemy is shocked
& boss type shaper/guardian

Those should be also enabled in your pob if you want to compare it to this one.

I personally (when I'm looking at my dps) don't turn on shocked since I have barely any lightning damage so I don't think I'm actually shocking bosses.

EDIT:

I managed to catch a few min, your self buffs were on point, but boss debuffs werent - setting chilled/ignited/shocked so it's a fair comparison nets you right over the 3mil DPS mark

putting additional arrow on bow attacks on your quiver puts you a bit over 3.3 mil, speccing into fast & deadly (at that point you have enough arrows without the ascendancy talent) gets you over 3.4 mil, using cinderswallow urn instead of atziri's promise gets you at 3.75 mil.

After that - for instance I have (quald) 50% elemental damage with attacks on my amulet, attack speed on gloves and after that it gets to the very-expensive land I think - damage per frenzy charge on a good amulet, +1 frenzy charge corrupt on gloves etc

Thanks for finding the missing option and suggesting further upgrades. It is really awesome how you are answering all these questions!

And this probably also answers why I feel weak against the beefier bosses. Shock aside, I am probably not even chilling them reliably. Even with ice shot. I will do some experiments, maybe get aquamarine flask for dropping chilling ground and see how it goes. Otherwise I might swap hypothermia for something else, but it feels like a waste.
Last edited by Riviar90 on Jan 29, 2020, 12:08:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info