[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

Over the weekend I hit 36/40 in MSC SSF. ~15 days /played.

Finally killed Sirus on my 5th try. Got him on farm now.

This was the first bow build I've played. I usually play tanky melee. As a result it took a while to get used to actually having to dodge stuff. As a result I have over 2000 deaths... by far the most I've ever suffered through.

But after endless tweaking this is now 100% the most fun build I've ever played.

I've deviated from Aqurism's build quite a bit at this point, but I still want to say thanks for the inspiration.

Some of the biggest changes I would recommend exploring:

1a. Go Raider. Way of the Poacher frees you from having to get the quiver enchant.

1b. Phasing from Quartz Infusion is really strong. Being able to move through mobs is critical for bow builds that must constantly be moving. It's really strong in Delve too.

1c. Immune to Ailments from Avatar of the Veil is a massive defensive buff. No more shock, chill, freeze or burning - which can be deadly from the Metamorphs. -15% exposure and 15% less accuracy to nearby mobs is again a huge defense.

2. Galvanic Arrow + Barrage support is a better ~single target skill for non-major bosses (ie. Conquerers, Shaper, Elder, Sirus - use Barrage for these). It's a small single target dps loss, but for packs of rare mobs and metamorphs, it just plows through them with the aoe + shock.

3. For clear - Ice Shot, Chain, LMP, Elemental Damage, Damage on Full Life, Mirage Archer. I've thoroughly tested all combinations (Fork, GMP, Hypothermia, Ice Bite, Inspiration, etc.) With +3 arrows (bow, quiver) the additional arrows from GMP don't make up for the dps loss (vs. LMP). One tap of Ice Shot is a full screen clear.

4a. A medium ring Thread of Hope in the jewel slot beside Golem's Blood provide a massive DPS boost and saves several skill points. The biggest bonus here is Disciple of the Unyielding. Having endurance charges allows you to use Immortal Call a lot more effectively - which has saved me a lot more often than Steelskin. Plus the end charges give a huge phys. damage reduction and the extra res helps on ele weakness maps).

4b. Picking up Harvester of Foes adds 15% attack speed while leeching (which we always are due to mana leech).

4c. Also grab the life nodes around Bravery, Fury Bolts, Disciple of the Unyielding, and Attack Speed per Frenzy charge for lots more dps.

5. Arborix instead of Death Opus. For the 8 of the 16 seconds you have Iron Reflexes you are doing about 30% more dps than Death Opus. For the other 8 seconds it's just slightly less. Since we're already in bosses' face it's a no brainer for me.

My gear is far from optimal (I'm still hoping to get a Hyyri's Ire, and I've been waiting forever for another Shaper quiver to drop), but in SSF you gotta take what you find :)

Thanks again for the great build, Aquarism!

Last edited by greenimp77 on Jan 28, 2020, 9:37:03 AM
Thanks for the big writeup!

I've been wanting to try out IS on my raider too since raider is so good with phasing + frenzy charges (only lvl 82 for now) - all this info will be super useful!
"
greenimp77 wrote:
Over the weekend I hit 36/40 in MSC SSF. ~15 days /played.

Finally killed Sirus on my 5th try. Got him on farm now.

This was the first bow build I've played. I usually play tanky melee. As a result it took a while to get used to actually having to dodge stuff. As a result I have over 2000 deaths... by far the most I've ever suffered through.

But after endless tweaking this is now 100% the most fun build I've ever played.

I've deviated from Aqurism's build quite a bit at this point, but I still want to say thanks for the inspiration.

Some of the biggest changes I would recommend exploring:

1a. Go Raider. Way of the Poacher frees you from having to get the quiver enchant.

1b. Phasing from Quartz Infusion is really strong. Being able to move through mobs is critical for bow builds that must constantly be moving. It's really strong in Delve too.

1c. Immune to Ailments from Avatar of the Veil is a massive defensive buff. No more shock, chill, freeze or burning - which can be deadly from the Metamorphs. -15% exposure and 15% less accuracy to nearby mobs is again a huge defense.

2. Galvanic Arrow + Barrage support is a better ~single target skill for non-major bosses (ie. Conquerers, Shaper, Elder, Sirus - use Barrage for these). It's a small single target dps loss, but for packs of rare mobs and metamorphs, it just plows through them with the aoe + shock.

3. For clear - Ice Shot, Chain, LMP, Elemental Damage, Damage on Full Life, Mirage Archer. I've thoroughly tested all combinations (Fork, GMP, Hypothermia, Ice Bite, Inspiration, etc.) With +3 arrows (bow, quiver) the additional arrows from GMP don't make up for the dps loss (vs. LMP). One tap of Ice Shot is a full screen clear.

4a. A medium ring Thread of Hope in the jewel slot beside Golem's Blood provide a massive DPS boost and saves several skill points. The biggest bonus here is Disciple of the Unyielding. Having endurance charges allows you to use Immortal Call a lot more effectively - which has saved me a lot more often than Steelskin. Plus the end charges give a huge phys. damage reduction and the extra res helps on ele weakness maps).

4b. Picking up Harvester of Foes adds 15% attack speed while leeching (which we always are due to mana leech).

4c. Also grab the life nodes around Bravery, Fury Bolts, Disciple of the Unyielding, and Attack Speed per Frenzy charge for lots more dps.

5. Arborix instead of Death Opus. For the 8 of the 16 seconds you have Iron Reflexes you are doing about 30% more dps than Death Opus. For the other 8 seconds it's just slightly less. Since we're already in bosses' face it's a no brainer for me.

My gear is far from optimal (I'm still hoping to get a Hyyri's Ire, and I've been waiting forever for another Shaper quiver to drop), but in SSF you gotta take what you find :)

Thanks again for the great build, Aquarism!

Really interesting write up, tnx!

I am also plaing SSF and I want to give some tips for those who wants to try it out.

Lioneye's Fall
U can farm The Lion div card in Mud Flats. Rush to the The Dishonoured Queen at the right side of the map. Kill-teleport-repeat. Usually you get a card every 10-15 runs. You need 5 of them for the Lionyey item.
It takes around 10-15 sets to get a Jewel. It took me 11 so you can count the time you need. It is totally douable.
You can farm Atziri for the flask (took me just 1 run). It is no problem for normal one.

You need to spend you coins on prophecies to get the right ones for the Death Opus quest. Also you want to finish all chain prophecies for the Pale curt to get multimod craft.

Health nodes over dmg - always.

Use Einhar at lvl 10 yellow maps and lvl 11 red maps to farm for Aspect of the spider or aspect of the cat.

Experiment with auras. I use Herald of Ice, Precision, Aspect of the spider and
Arctic Armor. It is best for me but you can try your thing.

Farm Syndicate on yellow maps or t11 red maps for better rewards. You need to farm the hell out of them to get the quiver craft.

You need to delve in SSF to collect fossils for craft. I recomend getting to t16 as fast as possible even if you die a lot. You get more than 2k sulphite in t16.

Use youre currency. In SSF vallues are totally different. Nothing costs anything if you dont need it. Use sextants, chaos, corrupt Atziri fragments and Zana mods.

You can chance you Hyrri from Zodiac but for me it didnt work out yet =)

And the most important thing with this build: dont be stressed if you die. Just change your mindset that you farm staff and die a lot and than you will get exp. My strat was to get to t16 ASAP to get the best loot and daily rewards. Open atlas as much as you can.
"
domepro wrote:
"
sejintsume wrote:
Where would 20ex land this build?? Could I have a pretty good clear and run going on? I've gathered this can be a league starter but I find myself a little bit past that.

I'd imagine 20ex you could do everything with, even though some things might be a bit annoying/hard like vaaled juiced T16 metamorphs and A8 Sirus (unless you have a lot of exp doing Sirus on a relatively squishy char)

I've failed A8 Sirus twice in a row now - but that's because I'm a garbage player and get offscreened in last phase and then annoyed and triggered by getting offscreened going back to the fight in the last phase, not because it's undoable. I did him on A6 pretty easy when I didn't fuck up in the last phase with about 20ex invested, in the meantime I went for a bit more damage and specced out of like 3-4 life nodes which I'll spec back into before doing him next time :D

Thank you for the reply! Your experience mirrors mine on a 7k es squishy guy too. Lol. Sirius is rough in his last phase. I can't wait to see how metamorphs turn out. Leveling the damage was fantastic.
So, i did ulab today. I think i got the wrong enchantment. But i think it is still worth a bit ;)

maybe someone can help me price check it.

my actual gear:
Last edited by niksxs on Jan 28, 2020, 2:45:13 PM
Im thinking about rerolling my char to this build and i have a question. Is raider really the better option for this build?
"
niksxs wrote:
So, i did ulab today. I think i got the wrong enchantment. But i think it is still worth a bit ;)

maybe someone can help me price check it.

my actual gear:

price checked it with filters 300+ evasion, enchant, maximum life minimum = 60, nearby enemies -chaos res

Comfortably sits around 1.5ex+ hence I'd say worth crafting with aberrant with possibly pristine fossils then reselling for a barrage or ice shot enchant

Edit: actually I didn't see that your helmet actually has good rolls. Filtering 60 minimum life, 25% min to fire and 32% min to lightning res it seems to be perhaps 4ex+

Obv if you roll double res with -chaos res it would probably be as valuable or more
Last edited by gawddawg on Jan 28, 2020, 4:21:56 PM
Yo guys, any tips for t16 legion farming?
Im using chin sol and +1 quiver, would it be better with Opus and Voidfletcher?
Hello. I've created separate topic, but was adviced to post my questions in here. I hope that someone could help me with it, as i have almost no experience on bow-style characters and i was using a mix of Odealo Ice Shot Raider + was tring to copy some of the poe.ninja top dmg builds.

So, here is the original post i've made:

Spoiler
It's my 1st league as archer (previously was using only Enk Arc Witch in few leagues).

My character tab should be public, and i'm open for all possible advices, how to improve this character.

Main issues:
1) My clear speed is pretty nice, but single target seems to be sometimes amazing, sometimes therrible
2) Deaths. I have over 700 deaths this league. I know that Evasion-based champs are harder that multi-defensive ones like i've played before. But this is therrible score, i got stuck on lvl 92 and can't even reach 50% of exp.
3) Sirius - i got a feeling that i still should be able to handle him myslef, but i have no chances vs him (rest of guardians on awaken lvl 8 aren't any kind of issue)
4) Weapon of choice. As you can see on my tab, i'm using Death Opus. Great bow according to +2 projectiles. But i was able to craft my 2nd bow which can be found in 2nd slot (cold dmg per 10 dex, flat cold dmg and cold res penetration, crafted int is just temporary for using auras when changed slot). How should i multimod the 2nd bow to use it? And what kind of gear should i addjust to have better dps on this one? (yea, i know i will have to add GMP support for ice shot instead one of the gems to have same clearspeed)
5) Maybe i should re-spec into deadeye instead of raider?

I would appreciate all kind of advices, as i fell this character to be "strange, and difficoult even when i invested a lot of cash in it).

If someone have some time and experience, i would really appreciate any help/ advice what to change (have some spare currecy, about 4,5 or 5ex if some investment would be needed, re-spec isn't an issue as well).
"
Zeratul_PL wrote:
Hello. I've created separate topic, but was adviced to post my questions in here. I hope that someone could help me with it, as i have almost no experience on bow-style characters and i was using a mix of Odealo Ice Shot Raider + was tring to copy some of the poe.ninja top dmg builds.

So, here is the original post i've made:

Spoiler
It's my 1st league as archer (previously was using only Enk Arc Witch in few leagues).

My character tab should be public, and i'm open for all possible advices, how to improve this character.

Main issues:
1) My clear speed is pretty nice, but single target seems to be sometimes amazing, sometimes therrible
2) Deaths. I have over 700 deaths this league. I know that Evasion-based champs are harder that multi-defensive ones like i've played before. But this is therrible score, i got stuck on lvl 92 and can't even reach 50% of exp.
3) Sirius - i got a feeling that i still should be able to handle him myslef, but i have no chances vs him (rest of guardians on awaken lvl 8 aren't any kind of issue)
4) Weapon of choice. As you can see on my tab, i'm using Death Opus. Great bow according to +2 projectiles. But i was able to craft my 2nd bow which can be found in 2nd slot (cold dmg per 10 dex, flat cold dmg and cold res penetration, crafted int is just temporary for using auras when changed slot). How should i multimod the 2nd bow to use it? And what kind of gear should i addjust to have better dps on this one? (yea, i know i will have to add GMP support for ice shot instead one of the gems to have same clearspeed)
5) Maybe i should re-spec into deadeye instead of raider?

I would appreciate all kind of advices, as i fell this character to be "strange, and difficoult even when i invested a lot of cash in it).

If someone have some time and experience, i would really appreciate any help/ advice what to change (have some spare currecy, about 4,5 or 5ex if some investment would be needed, re-spec isn't an issue as well).

I can only advise you to read as much as possible in this thread, from the first post by Aquarism (he's been pretty diligent with updating with relevant info), following up with page 69 thoughts and clarifications by Slotmm.

I'd definitely advise against mixing and matching guides and top people on poe.ninja - if you don't fully understand what's going on and how to scale a builds damage/survivability you'll probably have a bad time overall - but everything you need is explained throughout the topic already and I can confirm it 100% works and the build is amazing if you follow it properly - I've just killed A8 Sirus without issues and can melt vaaled max juiced metamorphs in a period of the Vaal Grace buff.
Last edited by domepro on Jan 29, 2020, 4:42:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info