[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
potrojny wrote:
Pretty nice build, been clearing on it from league start and it's going good with low investment, still progressing atlas but killed Awakener 5 gonna pass on A8 till i get some serious upgrades. So far only thing that stopped me is Simulacrum i cleared it 19/20 3 times, every time i got Kosis on 20th wave and with my current gear i was unable to beat him, just not enough damage and getting one shotted with 5.9k life.
I'm saving currency now for weapon/enchant/watcher's eye.

I was thinking of slamming my armour with redeemer or hunter exalt for a chance to get frenzy charge on hit or crit to attacks. According to my PoB it seems that having frenzy charges up during boss fights give more dps than having 1-1.5% crit on chest. But ppl seems to favour crit.
Also according to PoB linking close combat instead of physical damage to flicker strike gives me more dps, idk maybe with my lowend gear i get such results.

I didn't know frenzy charge on hit/crit was a mod on chests, that would be amazeballs. I try to keep up Blood Rage on all boss fights, most have adds to give the occassional frenzy, but having them up all the time would be phenomenal. Hard to beat a Belly of the Beast though for that life. I miss my Maim chest from Blight league :(
Thanks foe the build, Its pretty good. There were some issues mainly the lack of currency to get normal gears) so I could start using flickering strike from 74 ish lvl, but since then Im in love with flickering strike.
However I don't know where did I lost track, but my dps is very low.
1. can anyone help me increase my DPS? in yellow maps it take so much time to kill magical monsters with flickering don't mention rare monsters. Though I feel Im pretty tanky. The 6l belly is on the way, its just needs 6 linking :)
Here is my build: https://pastebin.com/UjhGm0Hk

Unfortunately Im broke, I have only 3 ex (Fortune hates me so much even praising toucan can't help my luck)

2. What about the cluster jewels? do they worth go for them or just skip them?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by ekjepo on Mar 26, 2020, 6:13:36 PM
"
ekjepo wrote:
Thanks foe the build, Its pretty good. There were some issues mainly the lack of currency to get normal gears) so I could start using flickering strike from 74 ish lvl, but since then Im in love with flickering strike.
However I don't know where did I lost track, but my dps is very low.
1. can anyone help me increase my DPS? in yellow maps it take so much time to kill magical monsters with flickering don't mention rare monsters. Though I feel Im pretty tanky. The 6l belly is on the way, its just needs 6 linking :)
Here is my build: https://pastebin.com/UjhGm0Hk

Unfortunately Im broke, I have only 3 ex (Fortune hates me so much even praising toucan can't help my luck)

2. What about the cluster jewels? do they worth go for them or just skip them?

Thanks in advance

I'm not OP but have experimented a lot in PoB with cluster jewels and in my experience it's not worth it. There are a lot of good nodes for us to get during our pathing towards important nodes that cluster jewels end up requiring too many points for their benefits. There are also not that many good nodes on cluster jewels for this particular build. We get enough crit as it is and other nodes don't add that much. Unless you can get BiS clusters and even then it's likely not worth it or very expensive for minimal gain. (Large with 8 passives, 2 jewel slots and 2-3 nodes, jewels with 4 passives and a small cluster with life)
could anyone have a look at the vise im using and tell me if its worth holding on to and using? or is having strength on it a 'must have'

thanks
"
Chinkyfam wrote:
could anyone have a look at the vise im using and tell me if its worth holding on to and using? or is having strength on it a 'must have'

thanks

Your vise is fine. Later on you can look for one with tons of life and strength and extra damage, but they're multi exalts.
Ran my first Simulacrum and failed on wave 20. Those mobs are crazy tanky. Should I upload the vid or wait til I full clear it?
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Chinkyfam wrote:

thanks

Your vise is fine. Later on you can look for one with tons of life and strength and extra damage, but they're multi exalts.

thank you for the response <3
Hey. Great guide, having a blast so far.

I'm basically just having problems against beefy bosses with high damage output like awakener. Haven't gotten all the fragments for Elder and Shaper yet, but I think those should be very much doable since they are easy to dodge.
I've also failed the Simulacrum on wave 20, actually got all the trash mobs down on the last portal, but didnt have flask charges left for Kosis...

That said, I'm pretty happy with the gear i currently have, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to the next upgrades I should go for. It's gonna be expensive either way, but I'd like some input.

I think I should get a watcher's eye and another rare jewel with life + crit multi (+ whatever i can afford) next, but I need to find some more cash for that.
Thoughts?
Here I am again, making the memes reality and running Abyssus. It's surprisingly good so far (i'm in red maps now), not as rippy as I thought it would be since we rely on dodge and evasion anyway so increased damage taken is not that dangerous. Besides, in PoE these days, offense is the best defense.

An update on my gear so far, I decided not to opt for Belly of the beast and instead get a good rare chest with a lot of hp and resists. I also got better gloves, a better shaped ring, a better amy, and a better foil, for roughly ~7-8 ex in total. (2 or 3 ex for the chest I think, 2 ex for the foil, 1 ex for the ring and amulet, and like 100c for the gloves). Now I think my next upgrade would be either another better sword (Paradoxica seems godly but it's also very expensive) or a better stygian vise (although there's not a lot of wiggle room here).

My current gear for info :
"
roguemjb wrote:
Ran my first Simulacrum and failed on wave 20. Those mobs are crazy tanky. Should I upload the vid or wait til I full clear it?

I was going to ask if the Tailwind boots helped you at all, but I guess not. I've run it three times now and haven't been able to clear 20, which is super frustrating because of the "so close yet so far" mentality it's got me stuck in. I just wish it was some sort of choreographed boss fight that required a bit more skill and less reliant on the RNG than the random ridiculous OP modifiers that it decides to give the 100% delirious wave and bosses. It's like running into two Abaxoths in a corrupted T16 map, only scaled to the power creep endgame of current meta.
Last edited by Verdale on Mar 27, 2020, 10:33:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info