[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

Hey, i just realized precision got nerfed hard.

Do you still use it?
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

Do you still use it?

Of course, there's no point not to use L1 Precision. We aren't going to reserve anything else for 22 mana and it still gives us about 1-2% hit chance and 2-3% effective crit chance for basically nothing.

The only reason you might not use it is if for some reason you are not sustaining mana fast enough through your leech or simply don't have enough unreserved mana -- but I have personally never run into either of these two things.
Last edited by Verdale on Mar 24, 2020, 4:51:26 PM
Spoiler
"
Verdale wrote:
"
AidsVentura wrote:
Hey, its the greates starter build ive ever player, seriously.

But the furthure question is:

Why do we need so much % of " Increased Critical strike chance " on the items
and on Passive skill points.

From the skill points we have already

145% increased Critical Strike Chance
+65% to Critical Strike Multiplier
210% increased Critical Strike Chance with Swords
+69% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Swords
50% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance

The question is : why?

Best regards and please answer ;)

I'm not sure what you are asking here, but it sounds like you might not fully understand how critical strike chance works when applying global stats onto a local base value. Please consider reading this page to maybe help clear up some misunderstanding.

Right on, Verdale, ty.

Spoiler
"
Verdale wrote:
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

Do you still use it?

Of course, there's no point not to use L1 Precision. We aren't going to reserve anything else for 22 mana and it still gives us about 1-2% hit chance and 2-3% effective crit chance for basically nothing.

The only reason you might not use it is if for some reason you are not sustaining mana fast enough through your leech or simply don't have enough unreserved mana -- but I have personally never run into either of these two things.

Right on again, we use level ONE Precision, so the nerf isn't enough for us not to use it, it's still helpful for accuracy.

Thanks for helping, it saves me a lot of time :)

"
Bakkkiii wrote:
hey guys would Close combat support work for double strike?? im thinking to switch it for multistrike

Close Combat is your 6th and least important link for Double Strike. Multistrike is the most important.

Spoiler
"
Mckoch wrote:
Hi there

First time playing POE but tons of Diablo 3 also leaderboards.

I found your build while googling trying to imagine what kind of play style I wanted.

I completed the game and can kinda do t3 maps but I still die alot.

I know my gear is shit but I am unsure where to focus for easy upgrades and what skills are important, dont have all the links to use your exact setup.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mckoch/characters

I might also have the playstyle a bit wrong. Spamming flicker alot but sometimes it doesnt go off and I just stand still and die.

Best regards

Set your profile to public, else I can't see it. It's likely due to incorrect passives taken and not enough life on gear, as you can see from dozens of similar posts.
"
roguemjb wrote:

Thanks for helping, it saves me a lot of time :)

No problem dude, just reinvesting the time saved by this build clearing zoom-zoom fast and bossing just as well, without the need of any annoying gemswaps.
Last edited by Verdale on Mar 24, 2020, 6:27:31 PM
"
Mckoch wrote:
Hi there

First time playing POE but tons of Diablo 3 also leaderboards.

I found your build while googling trying to imagine what kind of play style I wanted.

I completed the game and can kinda do t3 maps but I still die alot.

I know my gear is shit but I am unsure where to focus for easy upgrades and what skills are important, dont have all the links to use your exact setup.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mckoch/characters

I might also have the playstyle a bit wrong. Spamming flicker alot but sometimes it doesnt go off and I just stand still and die.

Best regards

I'm not going to pretend im an expert but i've been going hard with his build and loving it. I myself could use better gear but I think you could drop steelskin for now. Get a 5 Link belly of the beast (Drop ruthless support.) Make sure your resistances for elements are At least 75 each and get higher life on your gear. Attack speed on your gloves is crucial as well (My gloves are a low end example of what you're looking for im looking to upgrade them next.) Get Staunching on your Healing flask with currency rerolls, will save your ass a ton with bleeds.
I struggle now with low damage using my flicker. Think I should start looking for 340+ pdps weapon. Is there anything else I can do to boost my damage?

Now I'm focused to level up and unlock socket for jewel
"
mefistofx wrote:
I struggle now with low damage using my flicker. Think I should start looking for 340+ pdps weapon. Is there anything else I can do to boost my damage?

You should get Tribal Fury anointed and then drop Call for Melee Physical Damage on Flicker. It will boost your flicker damage significantly and makes your DS shred two targets at a time as well.

Although you may want to consider upgrading the amulet first. It's alright, but not as great as it could be before dumping 1.5ex of oils on it. But only if you can afford to do both.

Also both your weapons are missing a good chunk of damage by only having the implicit crit-multi of the Foils. You could easily get another 40-70% crit-multi by getting a pair with the suffix rolls as well.
Last edited by Verdale on Mar 24, 2020, 7:17:15 PM
"
Verdale wrote:
"
mefistofx wrote:

You should get Tribal Fury anointed and then drop Call for Melee Physical Damage on Flicker. It will boost your flicker damage significantly and makes your DS shred two targets at a time as well.

Although you may want to consider upgrading the amulet first. It's alright, but not as great as it could be before dumping 1.5ex of oils on it. But only if you can afford to do both.

Also both your weapons are missing a good chunk of damage by only having the implicit crit-multi of the Foils. You could easily get another 40-70% crit-multi by getting a pair with the suffix rolls as well.

You're right, amulet first with highest physical damage to attacks with and crit multiplier, also I need some int and fire res at least 35%, then I can get Tribal Fury. Or will be much cheaper to replace resist on my non assassins mark ring
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/yXEE0aWiR

For a weapon with 340 pdps and additional ~30% crit multiplier start from 3 ex/each
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/eoJKRmbuL

I'm wondering if this will significantly increase my dps. Can't wait for tomorrow to get new shiny stuff. Got something around 11 ex to spend

Is it worth to change Assassin's Mark on Hit from Lvl 8 to 12?
Last edited by mefistofx on Mar 24, 2020, 7:52:45 PM
"
mefistofx wrote:
"
Verdale wrote:
"
mefistofx wrote:

You're right, amulet first with highest physical damage to attacks with and crit multiplier, also I need some int and fire res at least 35%, then I can get Tribal Fury. Or will be much cheaper to replace resist on my non assassins mark ring
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/yXEE0aWiR

For a weapon with 340 pdps and additional ~30% crit multiplier start from 3 ex/each
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/eoJKRmbuL

I'm wondering if this will significantly increase my dps. Can't wait for tomorrow to get new shiny stuff. Got something around 11 ex to spend

Is it worth to change Assassin's Mark on Hit from Lvl 8 to 12?

Not really worth it at all until you are sitting on a mountain of exalts. PoB tells me it's a 0.8% total DPS increase, which is absolutely nothing compared to the rest of the gains you can get elsewhere. Not to mention is does nothing to Hexproof. I would get Tailwind-on-crit boots way before I even consider upgrading from 8 to 12 Assassin's Mark, unless it was some insane bargain.

11ex should be enough to do everything you stated above, so have fun. Fitting into some new shiny gear and rolling over T16s is always a nice sigh of relief.
Last edited by Verdale on Mar 24, 2020, 8:24:16 PM
Hello, i have 2 questions
1)The PoB is not working, is it? (https://pastebin.com/arTXjYuY)
2)There is a session in the gems and items for blight, but the other option is for 3.10 or 3.9? Can i follow for 3.10?
Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info