3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

"
baboen wrote:
Is Spirit Offering still the offering of choice for the budget and tanky versions?

I like bone offering for tankiness, although we'll need to see what the offering situation is post patch notes.

Is there any way to cancel out the aesthetic effect of bone armour? It does my head in, no point using any MTX.
Hi.

Thanks a lot for that build. Reading it first, I thought you promise a lot. Playing it, I knew you keep your promises. It was my main in Harvest and I reached 40/40 and would have been easily able to reach Level 100. I did every content myself and with ease, just a little struggling with Sirus (Flame Dash).

Never had such a smooth transition to maps (doing merc lab just before Kitava)!

In terms of gear I used tanky end-game, mostly did what you recommended. Two little improvements:

Curse on Hit Temporal Chains. I made them myself and was lucky, but I don't think this would be too expensive. It really helps!

Luxury. Helps very much in Beachhead and with Harvest spawn. Wasn't even thus expensive since mid-league (5 ex).
I agree that this build is disturbingly misleading and not reflecting reality of its capabilities after all the over-nerfing.

Since Metamorph league, this build has been nerfed repeatedly again and again.

This build used to be very good and satisfying after a lot of time and currency investment, but since the nerfs it has been rather poor.

To add to the nerfs, minion and boss HP was doubled after the the first few nerf-waves to this build, which made most nerfs to this build questionable in the first place.

"
It is also very important to realize that the OP's comments in the first post, that state that the build is "still awesome" are also very misleading.

OP is referring to his "legacy gear" in standard, which cant be obtained anymore today as well as in future leagues. I also own this gear in standard and with that legacy gear the build still feels pretty good obviously.

Unfortunately no one is pointing to the obvious fact that this legacy gear cannot be obtained anymore (except in standard for a lot of currency).

Obviously this build deserved a slight nerf, but the "person in charge of nerfs" failed to take into account the monster HP buff which came after the first few waves of nerfs to this build, which resulted in over-nerfing this particular build in a rather incompetent fashion (IMO).

A couple of many examples of issues in this build after all the nerfs:

In order to be able to play the endgame today in leagues, players must drop crucial gems like "Feeding Frenzy" from the main zombie setup in order to deal barely enough damage for red maps and bosses. However, Feeding Frenzy made Zombies "Aggressive" which caused them to work properly for the first time, but this "aggressive" state should be the default state for any minion.

Zombies, golems, and other summoned creatures are still not persistent when the game crashes, or you switching characters etc. which is build-breaking in some instances when the game crashes during specific timed encounters. You just dont have the time to turn off your auras, un-socket gems in order to lower summon minion cost, desecrate and then summon your minions, re-socket the support gems again, and then reactivate auras, and then finally check again if you really have your full army up and running. This takes a lot of time, which you dont have for example in a blight map, when the game crashes or when you die to lag or bugged spike-damage.

"
EDIT: ZOMBIES, GOLEMS, ANIMATED GUARDIAN WILL NOW BE PERSISTENT THROUGHOUT LOGOUT.

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1305678120301637633

Is this build useless?

Absolutely not, its still a very strong build, just not as end-game capable as it used to be when it was still working properly.

Last edited by TOP_Commander on Sep 15, 2020, 4:19:44 AM
Any idea if this build is still as strong in 3.12?
judging by the patch notes, most of the nerfs are targeted at summoners...again.
Every time I think about trying to come back to PoE (At least half a dozen times over the past 3 years or so) they seem to be in the process of making sure minions are completely worthless end game (T15+) because they had just previously accidentally made them nearly viable... I was just looking in to it again so... yea. Sorry everyone my bad
Hi bros! I went back to my Necro character in standard but i saw i have a whole different tree, i play geofri tanky build should i change it all?Here is my guy https://pastebin.com/n1iBYdTt, have some huge currency to spend, what should i improve?Thanks
Hi there , I'm looking for tips on cluster jewels ( and can't read 1600+ pages ), does anyone reviews the best notables on clusters ?

I'm also trying to configure animated guardian on PoB , but can't find where to choose the equipment , it is possible ?

Thx
Last edited by El_Enfoiros on Sep 15, 2020, 7:32:48 PM
Slowly transitioning to the tanky endgame setup for this build but i can't seem to find what radius i'll need for the "Thread of Hope" to allocate both "Cruel Preparation" and "Ravenous Horde" as suggested.
"
mrjamy wrote:
Slowly transitioning to the tanky endgame setup for this build but i can't seem to find what radius i'll need for the "Thread of Hope" to allocate both "Cruel Preparation" and "Ravenous Horde" as suggested.

medium

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info