[3.9] Krovah's Berserker Frost Blades |In-Depth Guide| - Annihilate the Atlas, Shaper & FPS

Do you think it might be possible to run with claws, chaning the sword tress to claw?
Awesome guide, I can't seem to find what Node you anointed with the blight oils?
Could you please give a quick Pros and Cons for Berserker vs Raider for Frost Blades?

Thanks!
livejamie
do you think the lower health version would be a bad idea this league? I'm kinda torn between the two.
"
MrSneakyFox wrote:
do you think the lower health version would be a bad idea this league? I'm kinda torn between the two.

Probably to start, yeah.
livejamie
"
MrSneakyFox wrote:

I would NOT recommend the lower health version this league, def a rough choice with the metamorphs in maps.
Having fun with the build, lucky 6L chestpiece drop, however corrupted -not ideal socket colours.

And a Maori name that fits perfectly

Hauhunga - frost
Rau - blade of a weapon
After mapping for awhile I'd really recommend not even playing this until you have a ton of currency.

damage is fine, survivability is a huge problem in early mapping against bosses.

Can absolutely forget about doing metamorph though.

EDIT: after dropping about an exalt on gear it definitely changed how the build feels.
Last edited by MrSneakyFox on Dec 16, 2019, 1:53:48 AM
"
Krovah wrote:

Hey Uchi! So you're not technically wrong but you're on another track that does not apply to most people for sure.

I'll address them one by one to hopefully provide more clarity!

1. No Main & Curse: This one is pretty straight forward as I never used a maim chest personally, the increased damage from maim only helped your single target (the "melee" portion). It was NOT worth the investment, so throughout my entire experince I never bothered. Not to mention, remember if you lose lets say 30% more damage, it's not a loss of 30%. It's actually just -30% out of maybe 550% more damage multipliers throughout the build, not much of a hit if you used it.

The curse part I was worried about myself except the new mechanics and anointing systems = 20 places to get +1 curse now. So overall it's actually easier to obtain, just maybe not on your chest this time around ^_^

2. I never used any anointments for this build, it was made before they were a thing really so all the math, numbers, videos, were all done without that system. So in the context of the build, losing Fury is not an aspect. It still performs at incredible levels without that aspect as it did before and will continue to do so.

3. Good foils, elder/shape bases being rarer, etc: Tbh this is super spectalatory and as you can probably tell from my guide I'm more of a numbers guy. Nothing what-so-ever makes me feel we will see much of an impact here. Just because there is a technical change, does not mean the actual day-to-day operations are going to be felt.

To tie it off, the damage percentage is a number pulled from comparing my 3.8 numbers to my 3.7 and 3.9, etc. It's a genuine difference in sheet damage derived from the source of all our calculations and estimates (used in this guide especially) so it's the most reliable number I can give. I'm not comfortable saying things like "50% loss in damage" as you mentioned because.. I don't see any facts what so ever that point me in that direction, I'm sorry if you feel misled or different on that end, it's going to be a personal approach at that point.

Hi Krov,

1. More multipliers doesnt work the way you describe them. They are multiplicative, hence if you get %30 more damage on something, it will literally multiply your whole damage by 1.3.

The hunter influence chest seems to have +1 curse as a possible prefix, that we can try to craft with serrated + pristine again. But will probably cost much more. You might wanna add this to the gear section.

2. Not using ancestral call kinda feels shitty, especially when you get used to using it. Hence, i annointed my amulet with Tribal Fury, to get rid of Ancestral call and put in ruthless instead. This might still be done since oils are not that expensive compared to last league. There is also a Hunter influence mod that says "Strike Skills target # additional nearby Enemy", which again might be reall good, possibly even better than ele weakness tombfists. You also might wanna add this to gear section.

3. My critisizm was more on the comment you did by saying "This will only affect the guys that swims in mirrors". That is untrue, since the foils we bought last league for 6ex, will(is) now be 15ex with the multimod changes. So its much more expensive to get the same amount of damage as before. Hence my comment about losing %50 damage. It is probably better to say "With the same currency investment as the last league, you get half the damage".

On another note, rings that has Redeemer influence can spawn "Frostbite on hit" modifier, which again can be a decent substitute for assassin mark rings(Since its harder to craft a good one because of multimod changes).

I started the league with this build(Some changes but pretty much same), and is going decent. My only problem, as i said before, is its harder to buy gear because of the price changes. Thats what i was trying to point out with my initial comment.

Cheers.
"
Bezmageddon wrote:
Just wondering why you chose berserker over other classes\raider\assassin tried frostblades early on but seemed weak i was a shadow class but this looks very strong

"
Enox124 wrote:
How do you think to play Frost Blades Raider or Maruder? It's hard for me to choose and both builds look amazing.

"
Karibean12 wrote:
Hi, how this build would go as a Raider? Still doable or nah? I have a standard character leveled as raider so

"
sk8punker123 wrote:
I tend to prefer Berserker as my starter most of the time, but I was also curious about assassin since it had some stuff changed in it. Would consider this variation of frost blades stronger than Assassin, or do they just accomplish different goals?

I went through all 30+ pages.

Is there a reason why this question is always ignored? Is it something that you don't like discussing?

Thanks!
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info