[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Hey ED / Contagion Folks,

Hoping someone out there can help me out here. This is my 3rd season and I struggle at the very end to make the leap to complete build. First of all let me set some ground work as I play on the PS4 so gear is insanely expensive. I've done ok, but am still using the Cane since I've run all my Jun missions and only opened Catarina once and did not understand the mechanic and died without killing her. I've gotten 24 watchstones so far and fought Sirus once and died to him as well. Again I think it was more not understanding the mechanic. I'm also a little currency challenged with about 4EX to my name a this point. The Cane and Hyrrl cost me about 4EX... I can run up to T16 red maps but will periodically get killed on the bosses especially those I've had little experience with from a mechanics standpoint. I was going to craft my own bow, but without the +2 socket support craft and my lack of currency I'm not sure that is the best way to go. I play a couple hours an evening mostly running maps and will alch and vaal my red maps. I'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas especially if you're also in the PS4 community as it can be a bit of a struggle with fewer players and more rarity on items making prices high.

Thanks!

RSCCCC
"
RSCCCC wrote:
Hey ED / Contagion Folks,

Hoping someone out there can help me out here. This is my 3rd season and I struggle at the very end to make the leap to complete build. First of all let me set some ground work as I play on the PS4 so gear is insanely expensive. I've done ok, but am still using the Cane since I've run all my Jun missions and only opened Catarina once and did not understand the mechanic and died without killing her. I've gotten 24 watchstones so far and fought Sirus once and died to him as well. Again I think it was more not understanding the mechanic. I'm also a little currency challenged with about 4EX to my name a this point. The Cane and Hyrrl cost me about 4EX... I can run up to T16 red maps but will periodically get killed on the bosses especially those I've had little experience with from a mechanics standpoint. I was going to craft my own bow, but without the +2 socket support craft and my lack of currency I'm not sure that is the best way to go. I play a couple hours an evening mostly running maps and will alch and vaal my red maps. I'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas especially if you're also in the PS4 community as it can be a bit of a struggle with fewer players and more rarity on items making prices high.

Thanks!

RSCCCC

Quali more of your gems where it makes sense, contagion gets +10% AOE for example (Sell them with one Gemcutter to get lvl 1 Quali 20 or just use 20 Gemcutter on them since this is Heist, you get like 4.5 for 1c on PC)

Get the correct flasks, i remember a time where i was more or less constantly popping my flasks before i ran into a group of mobs in T15+ to survive and clear them faster (fast enough? ^^)
Especially the Witchfire Brew does make a difference.

About the bosses, at some point you dump your totem, pop your flasks, one ed on them and just press blight and power through, i often survived this way instead of trying fancy dodging xD

You can try to buy a +1 Amu, that will help alot aswell

And last thing about the maps, surviving T14 and T15 is more efficent than dieing in T16...just a thought ;) plus watch for those physical to extra xxx damage mods, they do oneshot you.
Last edited by Chumber on Nov 18, 2020, 3:28:27 AM
Just wanted to leave a short post after hitting 100.

Very nice build guide and the flow chart is amazing!

This is the first league I spent some dedicated time on crafting (mainly due how overpriced gear was - rip harvest!).

Some of my crafting highlights:

Spoiler

Time to play a little gauntlet league before finishing off challenges.

Thanks again Darkxellmc!
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
qwertz wrote:

This shit is insane, how'd you make that? Alt spam dot and hunter slam to get hunter dot, then metacraft t1 life?
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
qwertz wrote:

This shit is insane, how'd you make that? Alt spam dot and hunter slam to get hunter dot, then metacraft t1 life?

That thing was a pita :D

1) 5 corrupted rare maloneys (the replica versions were reasonably cheap at the beginning of the league)

2) After trying to craft T1/T1 by alteration spam (RIP 3000 alts), I just went the beast imprint route (T1 Dot, then augment hoping for T1 life). Ended up cheaper and got lucky after 15 imprints.

3) Then regal: if prefix, block with further prefix and slam hunter suffix hoping for chaos DoT. If either regaling suffix or hunter slam didn't roll DoT, would restore the imprint. Rinse & repeat until hitting T1 chaos DoT. Took 34 imprints & 15 hunter slams.

The whole craft cost me about 100-120ex.

However, I was able to actually make money of it as ornate quiver bases sold really well and people would pay a lot for them.

I would beast split the original, hunter slam the copy (so the buyer couldn't beast split himself) and then sell for proft. Beast split,imprint and hunter orb would be about 6ex, and the quivers sold easily for 10-20ex depending on time in the league.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Last edited by qwertz on Nov 18, 2020, 7:38:31 AM
"
qwertz wrote:

I would beast split the original, hunter slam the copy (so the buyer couldn't beast split himself) and then sell for proft. Beast split,imprint and hunter orb would be about 6ex, and the quivers sold easily for 10-20ex depending on time in the league.

oh ok. That's a cool finished quiver now!

About the base btw, I made the original harvest one, it wasn't profitable until very late in the league. Cost us 80ex for the base, took us 2-3 weeks just to make money back, at a 5-10ex fee. Then I was the only one to get the fee because the others stopped playing, and I made mad bank, but we won't talk about that.

That said, it's actually mostly useless to influence the base you're splitting. You can remove the influence by fracturing a base 4 times, for some weird ass reason. The overwhelming majority of crafters don't know about this, so the monopoly stays. In fact, the guy who broke the harvest monopoly (fuck him, btw) actually went through the expense of breaking maloneys too, which must have coted him an arm, maloney's bein 10+ex at that time.

Anyways. Thanks for the feedback!
gl hf
"
Quali more of your gems where it makes sense, contagion gets +10% AOE for example (Sell them with one Gemcutter to get lvl 1 Quali 20 or just use 20 Gemcutter on them since this is Heist, you get like 4.5 for 1c on PC)

Get the correct flasks, i remember a time where i was more or less constantly popping my flasks before i ran into a group of mobs in T15+ to survive and clear them faster (fast enough? ^^)
Especially the Witchfire Brew does make a difference.

About the bosses, at some point you dump your totem, pop your flasks, one ed on them and just press blight and power through, i often survived this way instead of trying fancy dodging xD

You can try to buy a +1 Amu, that will help alot aswell

And last thing about the maps, surviving T14 and T15 is more efficent than dieing in T16...just a thought ;) plus watch for those physical to extra xxx damage mods, they do oneshot you.

I've qualitied all the gems on ED and about half now on Blight. I'll focus on getting that done for the Blight and Contagion set-up. I'll make the changes to flasks as well. I did move down and have been running T14/T15 maps. I still have yet to only have 2EX drop. I got lucky on a heist and got the div card that gave me 5EX which is what I geared initially with. Just wondering if I'm missing something in terms of making currency. I'll look for a +1 Amu - but on PS4 things are hard to search for and find and typically priced insanely. Any thoughts on how best to open Catarina again? - 1 a day Jun just won't cut it :)

Thanks for the advice!

RSCCCC
Last edited by RSCCCC on Nov 18, 2020, 12:53:53 PM
Just bought divergent berserk and try to use it, but ìˋm not
able to trigger it. How do I generate enough rage?
"
Snolloo wrote:
Just bought divergent berserk and try to use it, but ìˋm not
able to trigger it. How do I generate enough rage?

Chainbreaker keystone from a karui timeless jewel. Check the FAQ.

If it just doesn't proc on left click, enable attack in place.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

That said, it's actually mostly useless to influence the base you're splitting. You can remove the influence by fracturing a base 4 times, for some weird ass reason.

Huh, that is weird. I thought you could not beast split influenced items...
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fenumal_Plagued_Arachnid
Might have to give that a try!
Last edited by qwertz on Nov 18, 2020, 1:51:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info