[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
I still feel like that skitterbots are overwhelmingly better than discipline.

I mean, it's the whole 12% chill and 24% shock. It's a TON of damage and defensive capability alike.

And the only time that i would be left without es would be if i fucked up by dot really hard, and survive through ed leech long enough. And granted, discipline wouldn't help in that situation either, except giving you half a second more time to react.

Although i respect ehp value, but i don't think that 400 es in final build can outvalue 12% reduced action speed as defensive mechanic. Let alone if it also comes together with "enemies takes 24% increased damage"

Meh. Enemies taking increased damage is actually not this great. Witchfirte (10-30%), wither (90%) and spider aura (15%) already do this. The shock part is kinda meh.
The chill part, sure. But we can already somewhat reliably apply chill when hit with gloves enchant (no clue why they're not more popular, probably because it's a pain to run normal lab to get it?).
The life-ES balance is already starting to be very unbalanced towards life, I don't think removing 20% of your es pool is a great idea.

That said, if dot is a problem:
■ Craft 120 flat regen on your belt. This is 7% ES regen, that's huge.
■ Get vaal discipline
■ Get "chance to avoid ignite" jewels. With a craft on your helm for 25%, it's possible to reach 100%, which would be insane. I'll actually aim for this asap. Best way is most likely to buy ones, scour and start crafting the mods yourself (it's not that hard tbh).
Note that the delve mod for no ignite while moving is actually kinda shit as it doesn't remove them.

Edit: if you wanna remove discipline for something, replace it by flesh and stone. That has some pretty good value.
I am having a really hard time with single target with this build so far. I know my gear has allot to go for improvements but was wondering should single target just not be great overall regardless of how many exalts you throw at it? I also take quite a bit of damage and can't really sit and tank like some of the video's show. Here is my gear so far any suggestion on improving to have better single target

I am really disappointed with this build and I think the OP did not do a good job to adequately explain what you-re signing up when starting this build. Right now I am level 90 at t16 maps and struggling really hard.

"Its a great league started but not the fastest"
You wrote in weapon section that 6l cane is needed to clear red maps ;) 6l cane is 2.5ex. How is that a league started which needs 2.5ex to clear red maps?

"Overall, there isn't many ways to scale our damage"
Read as: scaling damage is freaking hard and you will have a problem doing that especially as league starter. I had to buy all gems 20/20 corrupted just to be able to clear red map bosses.

"Hardcore viable"
How is that hardcore viable if your clear is inconsistent af and you basically can't answer "nearby minions cannot die" unless you run some other clear apart from ed cont?
I'm serious, if you dont run Blight in your chest you literally cannot answer that simple mechanic. :D

The ed cont sometimes feels ridiculously good, but sometimes it bag of dirt. It's really hard to clear alva/jun encounters.

Anyway, for anyone looking for a league starter - avoid this. Go with toxic rain trickster - its cheap, easy and most importantly its CONSISTENT.
"
slushypeami wrote:
Anyway, for anyone looking for a league starter - avoid this. Go with toxic rain trickster - its cheap, easy and most importantly its CONSISTENT.

This build is best league starter for me ever lmao, playing since patch 1.3.

Though, I won't give my insight, I guess, you probably won't listen anyways ☺
Last edited by zcythustk on Jul 6, 2020, 4:56:43 AM
"
slushypeami wrote:
I am really disappointed with this build and I think the OP did not do a good job to adequately explain what you-re signing up when starting this build. Right now I am level 90 at t16 maps and struggling really hard.

You wrote in weapon section that 6l cane is needed to clear red maps ;) 6l cane is 2.5ex. How is that a league started which needs 2.5ex to clear red maps?

"Overall, there isn't many ways to scale our damage"
Read as: scaling damage is freaking hard and you will have a problem doing that especially as league starter. I had to buy all gems 20/20 corrupted just to be able to clear red map bosses.

"Hardcore viable"
How is that hardcore viable if your clear is inconsistent af and you basically can't answer "nearby minions cannot die" unless you run some other clear apart from ed cont?
I'm serious, if you dont run Blight in your chest you literally cannot answer that simple mechanic. :D

The ed cont sometimes feels ridiculously good, but sometimes it bag of dirt. It's really hard to clear alva/jun encounters.

I'm sorry you are struggling with this.
That said, there's at least a few things you can easily do to improve your setup, at least to allow you to switch to something else if you don't like it.

"You wrote in weapon section that 6l cane is needed to clear red maps ;)"
Well, sorry to say this, but if you dont have 2.5ex by red maps, you're doing something wrong.
2.5ex is 450chaos. By JUST picking up seeds, assuming 10 low level seeds per zone, you make 3-4c per map, NOT including all the rest of the loot.
There is no way you reached red maps in less than 100 map clears. By red maps, you should already have a budget of ~3-5ex by just playing the game.
That said, there is a very high chance that you actually have this money, and don't know about it. An accessibility issue with poe is not knowing what's valuable. If you have a corruption altar in your temple, sell that for 40-50c. If you can upgrade an ITF breachstone in your syndicate, that's an easy 50-60c. ANY "augment a rare item with X modifier" is at least 100c, and "remove X, Add X" is very common and at least 40c, life is 80. I suggest going through your stuff, running your master missions and seeing if you can't salvage some good money for it. Alternatively, you can set up a lab service. Most people will pay you 15c per run+ for enchants. But that's boring to do and requires a vouch thread, so it's a bit more advanced.

"Read as: scaling damage is freaking hard and you will have a problem doing that especially as league starter. I had to buy all gems 20/20 corrupted just to be able to clear red map bosses."
That's pretty much correct. But this should only be an issue for singletarget, which offsets the insane clear. If random rares take time, it's time to upgrade gear.

"I'm serious, if you dont run Blight in your chest you literally cannot answer that simple mechanic. :D"
That's very true, that's one of the reasons we run blight...

"The ed cont sometimes feels ridiculously good, but sometimes it bag of dirt. It's really hard to clear alva/jun encounters."
You need more cast speed and aoe. Vendor flip your gems (vendor the lvl20 gem with 1 gcp) to get quality on faster casting, inc aoe, contagion, spell totem and multitotem. This takes no time and gives HUGE quality of life.
Also, get a source of onslaught for 20% movementspeed and cast speed.
And for more singletarget requiring things... Don't be in t16 maps with your gear, I suppose?

Overall, you'd have good gear if you were in t5 maps. Your whole setup costs about 50-100 chaos, that's simply not enough.
While this is amplified by ED's shit singletarget, running high tier content with map starting gear isn't exactly recommended, league starter or not.
To be honenst, I believe "league starters" to be as missleading as damage numbers in build guide titles. This means nothing if you're not a veteran player wanting to reach endgame DAY 2 MAX. And for that, you play ball lightning mines, rain of arrow + aurabot, or necro, period.

Again, sorry this wasn't up to your expectations. I hope this clear things up, and you can either improve your current setup, or move on to something you like more.
Cannot die is complete cancer yeah, slam that vaal blight whenever you see that stupid icon

Don't talk to me about fucking immortal shrines though.. if you're out of phasing flasks you're fucking dead lol
"
krut0n wrote:
I am having a really hard time with single target with this build so far. I know my gear has allot to go for improvements but was wondering should single target just not be great overall regardless of how many exalts you throw at it? I also take quite a bit of damage and can't really sit and tank like some of the video's show. Here is my gear so far any suggestion on improving to have better single target

Not really. You're starting to have nice gear (well, good bow at least), but this is only the begining of your damage scaling. The content, however, doesn't scale much past t16. So you more you invest, the more you will improve your singletarget, to the point where shaper dies in seconds.

Of course, with the same level of investment on anything else than ed, you'd reach much higher numbers, and faster. But is there really a point? My goal this league is 3Million ED dps. With blight, we're looking at a solid 5-6Mil combined dps. This clears a sirus 8 phase in 3 seconds, and the last phase in 12-13, since he'll reset the dot with an everlasting fire once. Do we REALLY need more than this?

I think the endgame ED character is extremely well rounded, and this is why I love this build so much. The end result is incredibly tanky, is absurdly fast while still having enough damage to not be lacking and clear everything. It gives an endgame goal to strive for, and this is what POE is all about to me.
But the jorney to get here is, of course, non trivial and lenghty.
I don't know if this has been adressed yet in this thread but with enlightment lvl 4 gem, there is room for an aspect along with other 3 auras. Is there a reason why not go with it? Assuming you are wearing +1 to level of socketed gems on helm.
IGN: Unray
Last edited by Unrayy on Jul 6, 2020, 6:18:06 AM
"
Unrayy wrote:
I don't know if this has been adressed yet in this thread but with enlightment lvl 4 gem, there is room for an aspect along with other 3 auras. Is there a reason why not go with it? Assuming you are wearing +1 to level of socketed gems on helm.

With enlighten 4, aspect + disc + malev is 99% reservation. +1 level won't help. Maybe you're thinking of devouring diadem which gives an extra 20% reduced reservation.
"
Unrayy wrote:
Yes, if you're using devouring diadem malevolence + discipline + f&s + enlighten 4 + aspect is exactly 100% mana reserved, you can run that if you don't plan to upgrade to -9 res hubris helmet. It's definitely easier to set up and less level requirement cuz you save points for EB. I reckon lvl 90 POB had diadem and lvl 100 had rare helmet... I read it as if you're not going for lvl 100 stay with diadem, I might be wrong?

"
Kirian42 wrote:
I realized I don't have a button I "spam" like a Cyclone or CWC build. Am I missing something here?
You should have blight. And you should only use it after you applied ED, put down wither totem AND have a safe spot to stand and channel (i.e. don't try to tank Atziri's fire circles they hurt).

"
Med1umentor wrote:
I still feel like that skitterbots are overwhelmingly better than discipline.

I mean, it's the whole 12% chill and 24% shock. It's a TON of damage and defensive capability alike.
Your math is off. Skitterbots shock is 15% increased damage. Skitterbots get 19% increased effectiveness of shock as they level up. 15 * 1.19 = 17.85 How did you get 24?

Also keep in mind shock shares "diminishing returns" with despair, wither totem, aspect of the spider and all other sources of "mobs take increased damage". Yeah, Ghazzy on his redemption specter build can claim skitters is "more damage" because his spec has 0 other sources of mobs take increased damage (unless he's running intimidate) so increased is the same as more when it's the only mod in that bucket, meanwhile this spec has various other spells that share diminishing returns with shock.

I do like skitterbots, they're a great filler aura when you have space. But when you don't have space, they're really not THAT gamebreaking, they're easily skippable.

"
slushypeami wrote:
It depends on the league, metamorph / delirium was puking out 6-links like no tomorrow so it was a cheap budget option. Now it's not. BUT cane gives +2 to all chaos gems not only socketed ones. So you could run 6-link in your chest and not have the cane 6-linked and it would still work. Also you can run ANY 6-link chest. Don't be fixated on Hyrri / Kintsugi or nothing (or tabula). You could just buy a corrupted 6-link with some semi-useful stats. You'll be a bit more squishy but you won't be forced to run in a tabula (0hp) or unlinked chest (piss poor damage).

"
slushypeami wrote:
Right now I am level 90 at t16 maps and struggling really hard.
The biggest question is how do you even have enough watchstones to be consistently getting t16 maps without having farmed your ass off to the point you actually have currency? If you're a fast player, you make a lot of currency. If you're a slow player, you would be probably somewhere at awakening level 5 or 6 at best (or maybe even before first Sirus) and not even getting t16 map drops regularly. Especially with all the reddit threads complaining about map sustain this league.

I really wanna know what's the "atlas strategy" to get t16 maps (without buying them ofc) without lots of farming, because that's the only way so many people are in t16 maps without good gear. Not counting people who deliberately don't min max their gear like for example path of Matth (youtuber / streamer) that runs in MF gear because ball lightning mines OP so who cares (even though he said he doesn't recommend an average player to copy his gear setup because it's squishy with all the MF gear).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info