[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
In your guide, is it possible to highlight or color code the sentences that you changed for 3.11 (probably too much work). This will give a good idea of how the guide/build changed for this patch and help players having played the guide before spot areas while progressing where they should read the portion of the guide carefully (due to changes).

Even if not, loved the guide, I played a little variation, didn't follow the 60/40 rule for MoM and suffered survivability as a result, but mapping was super smooth. One of the biggest troubles was the Snake Spitting projectiles, while thankfully, based on the patch notes, have been fixed to spread out rather than be focused on a point now.

I absolutely can't do that, sorry.

I'll add a changelog section that'll stay for a couple of weeks, just like at every league start. For now, only the leveling section was revamped, I'm currently working on the guide. It's pretty much completely different now, so no I won't be editing each modification manually ^^'
It has become quite a pain to edit, we're reaching the limits of what the forum can handle, apparently...

Maybe I should do a git repo that automatically releases here, idk... Seems like a lot of work for not much.
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Jun 17, 2020, 12:17:13 PM
Just do only one section of change, it will be much easier for reader to see what has changed from 3.10 to 3.11. Also how do you calculate blight dps in PoB(fork)?
Hi darkxellmc,

First off, thank you for the thorough guide. I am already familiar with the build in general and your build, due to its thoroughness, has taught me many new things and changed my opinion on things I thought I knew :)

I am interested in league starting ED/Cont Trickster in 3.11. I had a few high-level questions for you since it seems that you've taken this build to "end game" in several leagues now:

* With let's say a 50ex budget (as valued around 3 weeks~ into the league) and a character level of 95, do you have any doubts that not only you would be able to clear ALL content (reflect is not an issue for chaos DoT), but that you would be able to CARRY all content? I had a successful services thread last league carrying people through various non-reflect content, but I was using an entirely different build.

* Is there anywhere that shows which order to take passive points in (not only the ascendancies, but actually building the tree)?

* For my "end goal" - carrying UElder, Cortex, Atziri, 100% Delirium T16s, blah blah - do you have any advice for me that may not be in the guide?

For that last one, I'm thinking of things like "you want to do 100% delirious guardian maps with potentially one other person with you (200% HP), so I'd recommend the low life variant with a wand and shield instead of a bow to strike the best balance of dmg vs survivability..." etc. Having enough damage to carry end-game content is a concern of mine since sometimes people do not enter the map at the right time and I am locked into doing this content on multiplayer HP settings...

Again, thank you very much for sharing this guide with everyone!
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

pretty much spot on. The last node we're removing will be wicked ward. Wicked ward kinda only makes sense for 1 point if we use soul strike. As there is less and less reason to use soul strike, let's just use a rare quiver and save a point.

Does this mean that the identity of the build will be changed significantly? As in the survival strategies utilized and the tanky focus of the build.
LOL 2 million DPS, how embarassing..
"
sillysmy wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

pretty much spot on. The last node we're removing will be wicked ward. Wicked ward kinda only makes sense for 1 point if we use soul strike. As there is less and less reason to use soul strike, let's just use a rare quiver and save a point.

Does this mean that the identity of the build will be changed significantly? As in the survival strategies utilized and the tanky focus of the build.

No, I just don't think wicked ward makes sense to keep if we drop soul strike. Ran a bit without, didn't notice a difference.
We're of course keeping EB + MoM, the core concept is unchanged.

"
pawsuhh wrote:

* With let's say a 50ex budget (as valued around 3 weeks~ into the league) and a character level of 95, do you have any doubts that not only you would be able to clear ALL content (reflect is not an issue for chaos DoT), but that you would be able to CARRY all content? I had a successful services thread last league carrying people through various non-reflect content, but I was using an entirely different build.

Yes. I'm a carry myself, and am reliably able to carry everything.

Except aul. Deep-ish auls are now incredibly tanky, and with party scaling that becomes very hard very quickly. It's possible to facetank some of them (most below 400, some below 600), but the fight takes so long you're bound to get an unlucky damage roll that just randomly kills you at some point. Now take that with a grain of salt, I've killed 40+ auls, most of them in carries, but this is the only boss this build can fail.

All the rest was a piece of cake.

"
pawsuhh wrote:

* Is there anywhere that shows which order to take passive points in (not only the ascendancies, but actually building the tree)?

Yes, the leveling section.

"
pawsuhh wrote:

* For my "end goal" - carrying UElder, Cortex, Atziri, 100% Delirium T16s, blah blah - do you have any advice for me that may not be in the guide?

Not really, no. The main thing is to not expect to reliably carry super difficult things with a basic life+res setup and level 19 gems like you'd have at t3 maps. I see some players go from build to build and get disappointed each time, because they get baited by numbers and think the build just has it. No, turns you there's something called progression in an arpg. With 50ex, you'll be rolling on everything...
You have 40 challenges and a carry thread, you know this.

"
pawsuhh wrote:

For that last one, I'm thinking of things like "you want to do 100% delirious guardian maps with potentially one other person with you (200% HP), so I'd recommend the low life variant with a wand and shield instead of a bow to strike the best balance of dmg vs survivability..." etc. Having enough damage to carry end-game content is a concern of mine since sometimes people do not enter the map at the right time and I am locked into doing this content on multiplayer HP settings...

I usually call people at the start and ask them to stay at the entrance/not leave if they die. Only exception is Sirus, because of his teleport attack.
I think best balance between damage and survivability is this thread. Lowlife is much squishier. The best lowlife setup I know is havoc's, you can find his guide in the pros and cons section to compare.

I don't actually know how hard 100% guardian is with ED, lemme try a Minotaur real quick!

Edit: did a 100% mino run, fully juiced (except watchstones, t16). Ele weakness to simulate super rippy mods, 50% monster life because why not. Died twice to kosis, apparently, having 50% lightning res on his isn't the brightest of ideas. Could fully facetank omnophobia, he literally can't kill us, slam dealt less than half my hp.
Mino itself felt pretty much the same as a normal one, but with 50 times the life. Deathless, not even close. I'd expect hard guardians to be somewhat tough with super hard map mods, but really nothing undoable. With the 25% more damage from harvest craft we can expect, it'll be a walk in the park (25% more damage = 25% more regen too).
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Jun 17, 2020, 2:47:52 PM
"
drawmonster wrote:
They nerfed a lot more than just clusters. Might wanna do some research. My TR build from last league lost 7mil dps right off the top.
Dunno man, don't wanna go too much offtopic, I already wrote my opinion in ~3 TR threads about the subject. I think a lot of the paper dps for TR was inflated and not realistic in the same way as poison builds were inflating their worth with increased poison duration and attack speed.

Clusters were nerfed but Entropy, Coldhearted Calculation, Hunter's Gambit wheel and Master Fletcher wheel got buffed, Method to the Madness wheel got a very slight nerf because the 2 travel nodes got buffed while end node was nerfed.

Corruption change is not that bad, just POB doesn't count it at all atm (increased effect of withered). People are mega overreacting.

Defensive nerfs are more worth worrying about, for example nuking every single instance of reduced physical damage taken.

"
Nevzat wrote:
LOL 2 million DPS, how embarassing..
I'm fully expecting people flocking to all these sweet crit builds and then wondering why do they do 300k dps instead of 30 million. Happens every league start. But hey, that's why GGG nerfed crit multi this league and not something else, so I won't complain.
"
Viktranka wrote:

Corruption change is not that bad, just POB doesn't count it at all atm (increased effect of withered). People are mega overreacting.

Defensive nerfs are more worth worrying about, for example nuking every single instance of reduced physical damage taken.

Fully agree with that ^^

In our case, we didn't even take corruption... But I don't understand the hate, for me it's so strong it's almost a mandatory annoint XD

Also, yes for defensive nerfs. Tankyness is overall so underrated it's actually scary. My first build was so squishy, I got to 40/40 in legacy and I was only level 92, playing only 1 character.
Don't even know how I dealt with this...
"
I don't actually know how hard 100% guardian is with ED, lemme try a Minotaur real quick!

100% guardians are doable in a single player scenario but with 2player life it gona take a moment...

only exception here is 100% constrictor... there is a weird ass perma non poisen dot going on in the arena and u simply dont have the dps to kill him before u get killed by the dot even with very good gear (ofc talking this build, not low life).
"
sasori1337 wrote:
"

100% guardians are doable in a single player scenario but with 2player life it gona take a moment...

only exception here is 100% constrictor... there is a weird ass perma non poisen dot going on in the arena and u simply dont have the dps to kill him before u get killed by the dot even with very good gear (ofc talking this build, not low life).

Do you have a constrictor map we could try rn then?

Edit: Here's the map clear. Took 15 minutes, most of it is actually looting... Constrictor and metamorph on a 5l at the end. There's also a kosis somewhere in there.
1 death at the start, because I'm actually braindead and don't understand flamedashing into a pack of 100% without is a bad idea. No deaths on bosses.
https://youtu.be/KTDfKn2qX0Q

Guess I got a good arena layout then? I definitively see how this can be difficult. Definitely doable with enough investment tho ^^
The damage boost from synth bases is going to be sweet for sure!...
Also, this is in std with 3.11 tree, but in 3.10. So I have trap and mine damage, and pathing points to wind dancer... But I don't have the keystones or nodes.
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Jun 17, 2020, 3:49:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info