[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Matatl's dodge chance down to 5-6% from 11-12% :(
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Attention wrote:
How are you gonna do uber elder now without the "cannot be frozen" mod on boots? Are there other ways to get immunity?

I didn't notice a difference with or without the mod. You rarely get frozen because you very rarely get hit (dodge cap helps tremendously).
In case you still get frozen, you still have a 3 use (up to 4) anti freeze flask.
Perfectly fine imo. Most builds don't have cannot be frozen, and I actually think the 28 hp mod was better than the no freeze mod in legion/blight.
It could be a bit more of a different story for aul, but I never get chilled there so I guess it's fine.

"
iiisus wrote:

It's living hell but the build is beautiful. I am hoping the annulment this evening will not get me back to squarenone. Anyway, so its 100% that i can craft both life prefixes? Room enought for both plus the rest of the prefixes need to craft?

If you annul down to only the chaos multiplier mod, yes you'll be able to craft the same pair of fingerless as the ones showcased in the guide.
Be mindful that:
- Your item needs to be rare (yellow), otherwise you'll only be able to craft one mod
- You need to do it before the metamorph patch friday, as it will change the way multimodding works entirely.
- You need to craft "can have multiple crafted modifiers" before crafting anything else.

The mods on the gloves will be:
[implicit] 16% increased spell damage
[suffix] 16% chaos dot multiplier
[craft suffix] Can have multiple crafted mods
[craft suffix] +(18-20)% to x and x resistances
[craft prefix] +(56-70) life
[craft prefix] +(24-28) life / (36–40)% increased es
[craft prefix] +(7-9)% Area of effect / +1 to level of sock. aoe gems

Gloves done. Thank you!! Only thing missing now are the Matatl boots. There is only one on xbox trade but its with strenght instead of life and asking price of 10ex. My only hope is if more will come once league ends and they move to standard..or other typenof boots that you think would be the next best thing..
"
DookyPoohole wrote:
Matatl's dodge chance down to 5-6% from 11-12% :(

Well if I understood awakener's orbs correctly, it could be possible to awaken the shaper's suffix [10% chance do dodge attack hits] on a pair of matatl's boots. If this is possible, it would grant 16% dodge chance total, which would be even better than before.
This will however be difficult, if possible to achieve. It would cost 2ex (suffixes cannot be changed), an awakener's orb and a pair of shaper boots with 10% dodge only on it for each shot.

Let's just assume this isn't a thing, and it won't be for most players. Well that sucks, This build will have 74% dodge chance with freedom of movement annointed and quartz flask up (with pantheon down). I'll PoB something when I get back home, but There's just no sources of dodge we can use, so... rip.
At least the minmaxed version might not have to run a quartz flask anymore?...

Yeah. That sucks. There's pretty much no viable way to reach dodge cap without being a raider now.
"
iiisus wrote:

Gloves done. Thank you!! Only thing missing now are the Matatl boots. There is only one on xbox trade but its with strenght instead of life and asking price of 10ex. My only hope is if more will come once league ends and they move to standard..or other typenof boots that you think would be the next best thing..

Nice, gratz!
On boots I'd probably recommend a pair of shaper's boots with dodge next league, but I don't really know how difficult it's going to be to aquire these.
Matatl's is hybris with movementspeed, that's what makes it incredibly strong. Getting a pair of shaper boots with t1-2life/t1dodge/t1-2Speed seems really hard.
Do the 5% less dodge really hit us that hard? You sound a bit like the whole build gets destroyed by that nerf.
Do the boots need to havee the % to dodge attack hits? Or is dodge spell hits also ok?

Thanks.
"
iiisus wrote:
Do the boots need to havee the % to dodge attack hits? Or is dodge spell hits also ok?

Thanks.

Imo spell dodge is shit. Getting lots of it is a nice benefit of being dodge based, but there's very little dangerous spells in the game. I don't bother reaching cap, and getting spell dodge matatl's boots is imo not worth the trouble. That said, there's also a shaper suffix that gives up to 10% spell dodge on boots. Might be the new standard after the matatl's nerfs, we'll see. Much harder to acquire, so I'll leave matatl's in the guide for now.

"
trophant wrote:
Do the 5% less dodge really hit us that hard? You sound a bit like the whole build gets destroyed by that nerf.

It's a noticeable hit. Going from 75% dodge to 69% means we're taking on average 22% more hits. To compensate, I'm going to pretty much solely recommend Freedom of movement as a starter annoint as the 5% dodge allows us to be at 74% total dodge and be back on par with how it was in legion.

It's a low kick, as dodge based spellcasters have extremely limited options to scale dodge. While the nerf to matatl's prefix is justified, some dodge should have been added elsewhere (bow implicit?,Gloves affix, helm affix?...) to compensate, as it's very hard to reach dodge cap without being a raider now. We'll see how the new influences/awakener's orb tip the balance back in our favor.

Overall nothing too bad. Catalysts and supports+ are a buff for all builds and we of course benefit from it.

That aside, I updated the guide's passive skill tree to be lower level (93 instead of 99) and the main PoB to have a good leaguestarter PoB.
It uses 6l cane, hyrri's and green nightmare, all the rest is <5c trash.
These uniques are really easy to replace with a 5l, a good evasion rare chest and conqueror's potency/rare jewel, I'll make a Q/A section where I discuss this.

Phew. gl hf ^^
Hey,

i plan on playing your Build as a League Starter and i wonder if you will add a Leveling Tree?

I never played ED before and most people say for Leveling you should use Bane. Is it true or should i just stick to ED/Cont while Leveling?
Last edited by ilikecookieslawl on Dec 11, 2019, 5:21:28 PM
"
Hey,

i plan on playing your Build as a League Starter and i wonder if you will add a Leveling Tree?

I never played ED before and most people say for Leveling you should use Bane. Is it true or should i just stick to ED/Cont while Leveling?

I have a section with leveling trees at the bottom of the guide. It's not really complicated, just take life and damage, accro when you feel like it. Don't take EB and MoM until the endgame.
If you want to go faster and don't care about progressing using ED/cont, use bane for sure. It is faster until pretty much yellow maps. Then ED skyrockets and outshines bane.
Bane linked to despair is just a killer early on and will push you trough act 10 on a 2 link, while being relatively fast. It's a great choice. Just don't forget to go back after XD

That aside, I have now completely separated the gear and the gems section, hopefully there's no inconsistencies. I'm sorry the showcased gear is soon to be legacy, but there's not much I can do for now.
Life and resistances will work on all rares, I'm just trying to showcase more advanced gear in the thread. This is to give a good idea of what's craftable and give a long term goal of crafting these items. Because the rare crafts are getting reworked with 4 new influence types that we know nothing about, it is difficult to project ourselves into what will be good easy to craft gear for the build.

I will of course update the guide as I go in metamorph and as soon as I get information regarding catalysts, awakener's orbs and the new influences.
Feel free to tell me if some sections of the guide are now unclear or refer to legacy content that I can update now. This is a metamorph guide after all, no one cares about what can be done in standard.

Gl hf planning your builds, exiles!
Did you post the PoB for the 3.9 without the 6-Link Bow ? if yes, why change now ? and with the staff will be viable like with the bow ? Nice build btw xD
A reaper arise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info