[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
EDMOSES wrote:
Fought eradicator - got eradicated lol. took me 4 portals.
Anyhow any thing you recommend i do to my build?
Will add a darkness enthroned when i can get the correct res jewels and have a cheap Watcher's eye that gives armour and ES recharge but i feel that is giving me very little over Energised Armour, that jewel also has corrupted blood on it.
Thanks.

ES recharge is useless on a Watcher's Eye. You should focus on armour, phys damage reduction, and maybe the other mods I specify in the guide.

Otherwise, make sure you use Discipline and Determination, even if you need to play with a 5L HoP, make sure that you're capped in attack and spell block, and that you prioritize armour nodes over damage and ES nodes. If you still feel squishy, post your PoB and I'll take a look.

"
Seemo_O wrote:
Hi,
1st of all, THANKS!!! My favourite build EVER!!!

I dont understand why my Pob (https://pastebin.com/SEy7aKDH) says i have more than 100k armor, but ingame i can't reach 70k.

I would like to min-max this build (next step ench on helm).
Can you, please, help me?

Thanks a lot, finally i'm sure i can go for lvl100, i'm immortal.

Here my items, if you can help me suggesting upgrades.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! :) Also, grats on your Skin of the Lords, still haven't gotten one with a useful keystone!

Maybe PoB counts Molten Shell and/or flasks by default? I know I have 70k unbuffed, but a bit over 100k with my flask and MS.

In terms of min-maxing, the enchant is definitely a huge upgrade. Other than that, a Darkness Enthroned with a good enchant (armour while fortify or maimed enemies take increased DoT, mainly) is great, as well as abyss jewels with mana, ES, and minion movement speed (don't forget the spell block on one of them). This can make you a bit tighter on resists, which you can compensate with your Circles of Guilt's implicits (where you can get resists), as well as your cluster jewel mods. Import my character to see an example (character name: WaningFaith).

Edit: Seeing your rings' implicits, I doubt you're in Harvest, so the belt enchant is probably not doable, as well as the quality effect alteration. However, you can still get the life regen enchant on your boots - 2% is huge!

Let me know how the level 100 goes! I'm trying to reach lvl 100 myself, in part to be able to say that this build is lvl 100 viable, but I don't know if I'll have the time to do so, so if you do, I'd love to mention you in the guide. :)

Stay sane!
Last edited by Vatinas on Jul 11, 2020, 5:50:13 AM
I still feel that my damage is lower than in previous leagues.. Is there anything I'm doing wrong Vatinas? (apart from my gems not being level 20 cuz I just rerolled them with quality).

I have the feeling that my 3L spiders do much more dmg than my 6L sentinels.
Can you please explain why life regen matters? I see you just mentioned the boot enchant of 2% regen is huge but we are ci and have 1 life?
"
TrueGohan wrote:
Can you please explain why life regen matters? I see you just mentioned the boot enchant of 2% regen is huge but we are ci and have 1 life?

Build has Zealot's Oath in skill tree (life regen is applied to energy shield instead)
Hey there, just wanted to say that I am loving this build so far! I'm currently 95 and well into high rolled red maps, and I have a feeling this is another level 100 character!

I have a few gemchanges made (mainly because of my chest), but I had a few other questions as well:

"

-What are some of my next good upgrades I can get? I know I want 2% regen on my boots, and getting an enchant on the helmet is crazy good. Also, next on the list to get is a corrupted gem with bleed protection.

-How good is rallying cry? I haven't really been using, this build has enough buttons to press already, and PoB doesn't show me the numbers for it.

-Is maim in the cyclone setup needed when you have vuln gloves? If it isn't needed, it's possible to drop it, switch some gems around, and potentially get faster attacks going with shieldcharge.
Last edited by Yall on Jul 12, 2020, 4:22:05 AM
"
I still feel that my damage is lower than in previous leagues.. Is there anything I'm doing wrong Vatinas? (apart from my gems not being level 20 cuz I just rerolled them with quality).

I have the feeling that my 3L spiders do much more dmg than my 6L sentinels.

Having your gems at *least* level 19 is a must, it's much more of a damage difference than you might think. Apart from that, you can post your PoB and I'll take a look.

"
Yall wrote:
Hey there, just wanted to say that I am loving this build so far! I'm currently 95 and well into high rolled red maps, and I have a feeling this is another level 100 character!

I have a few gemchanges made (mainly because of my chest), but I had a few other questions as well:

"

-What are some of my next good upgrades I can get? I know I want 2% regen on my boots, and getting an enchant on the helmet is crazy good. Also, next on the list to get is a corrupted gem with bleed protection.

-How good is rallying cry? I haven't really been using, this build has enough buttons to press already, and PoB doesn't show me the numbers for it.

-Is maim in the cyclone setup needed when you have vuln gloves? If it isn't needed, it's possible to drop it, switch some gems around, and potentially get faster attacks going with shieldcharge.

- A Darkness Enthroned with two minion movement speed / added minion damage mods can tremendously increase your clear speed / damage, as well as give you more armour and ES.

- Rallying cry is really strong. I did the math and simulated it on one Writhing Jar in the PoB I posted in the guide, and it grants 6.3% more damage to sentinels and 11.7% more damage to spiders. I really wouldn't drop it. Plus, with my setup it lasts around 11.5 seconds, so it's no big deal to cast it now and then versus bosses.

- Maim is needed on Cyclone because you get the "Maimed enemies take 14% increased damage", which is almost an effective 10% more damage globally. Vulnerability allows everyone to maim, but doesn't grant that damage bonus.

If you really, really want a faster attacks on your shield charge, you can try to get an Aegis corrupted with "Grants level 23 Determination", and replace the Determination gem with that.

You can also get the quality -> accuracy harvest craft on your weapon, like I said in the guide. It will make summoning sentinels more reliable versus bosses.

Also, you should try to divine your astramentis. Even 5 attributes can make a huge difference on this build.

Last, I'm gonna share a trick I found out and haven't seen many people using: you can sacrifice level 3 Empowers/Enhance gems to the "store 50% of gem experience as facetor's lense" in the garden (you can try to find the craft yourself, or buy it on TFT or something), which will store around 880 million gem xp, which is almost two levels for an awakened gem. This will allow you to level up your awakened melee phys quickly.
Can someone explain why bloodlust on HoP? I don't see where we are causing bleed for the HoP sentinels to take advantage of bloodlust.
"
BlackSpite wrote:
Can someone explain why bloodlust on HoP? I don't see where we are causing bleed for the HoP sentinels to take advantage of bloodlust.

It's written in the guide that we curse enemies with Vulnerability on hit, which allows us and our spiders to make enemies bleed.
Thank you for this guide! im having alot of fun. well written guide.
Me again and sorry for being a pain.
Hopeless at POB so can't post my POB but player name is Daryl_Harvest.
See if you can get me a bit more damage.
Failing Cassia if she spawns a boss and Alva missions are starting to fail.
These are on higher level red maps of course.I am using Rallying cry a lot and Deathmark as well on bosses.
Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info