[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Hey Vatinas, great build. Started this league off slow with a BL miner then re-rolled to the CI/HOA build and was instantly steamrolling maps. So thanks for that.

Quick question, what support gem would you recommend in place of feeding frenzy on the HOA 6L? I only have enough mana left for a 110% mana multiplier support gem so I went with Power Charge On Critical Support, but then again I have no idea what I'm doing. Thoughts?
I just had very unpleasant fight with "Serious Sam". Learned that i absolutely need 3 "jarjar" flasks if not 4 lol. (made mistake by using flask when it wasnt necessary and burned them too quickly)
Arround 30% of my flasks were empty.. then went into suicide just so i can refill them. I have put video to upload, but it might take some time its 2k video

Boss was bugging a lot. A known "circle of death" also happened (teleports you in one circle and puts meteor on top of your head 6k damage) And 2 phases overlaping as well..

it wasnt pretty fight, in fact it was a messy fight. But it shows superiority of guardian vs Sirus
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jul 1, 2020, 2:24:17 PM
"
Hey Vatinas, great build. Started this league off slow with a BL miner then re-rolled to the CI/HOA build and was instantly steamrolling maps. So thanks for that.

Quick question, what support gem would you recommend in place of feeding frenzy on the HOA 6L? I only have enough mana left for a 110% mana multiplier support gem so I went with Power Charge On Critical Support, but then again I have no idea what I'm doing. Thoughts?

If you have 2 perfect roll, fully catalysed circles of nostalgia, you can use HoA - Deathmark - Damage on Full Life - (Awakened) Minion Damage - Vicious Projectiles - Empower. If you have non-perfect rolls or can't afford 40 fertile catalysts, you can temporarily grab the mana reservation node next to CI, or replace Empower with Maim, in which case you need two 23% mana reservation rings. If that's still too much, you can also replace Damage on Full Life or Minion Damage by Pierce. :)

"
IceLancerSR wrote:
I just had very unpleasant fight with "Serious Sam". Learned that i absolutely need 3 "jarjar" flasks if not 4 lol. (made mistake by using flask when it wasnt necessary and burned them too quickly)
Arround 30% of my flasks were empty.. then went into suicide just so i can refill them. I have put video to upload, but it might take some time its 2k video

Boss was bugging a lot. A known "circle of death" also happened (teleports you in one circle and puts meteor on top of your head 6k damage) And 2 phases overlaping as well..

it wasnt pretty fight, in fact it was a messy fight. But it shows superiority of guardian vs Sirus

I had the same feeling during Sirus carries, which is why I went from 2 worm flasks to 3. But if you want even more leeway, you can replace your quicksilver with a fourth worm flask for Sirus and other long fights like Uber Elder :)

Thank you so much for recording! I'm sure people will enjoy seeing a non-lagging video :P
"
Vatinas wrote:
"

If you have 2 perfect roll, fully catalysed circles of nostalgia, you can use HoA - Deathmark - Damage on Full Life - (Awakened) Minion Damage - Vicious Projectiles - Empower. If you have non-perfect rolls or can't afford 40 fertile catalysts, you can temporarily grab the mana reservation node next to CI, or replace Empower with Maim, in which case you need two 23% mana reservation rings. If that's still too much, you can also replace Damage on Full Life or Minion Damage by Pierce. :)

"
IceLancerSR wrote:

I had the same feeling during Sirus carries, which is why I went from 2 worm flasks to 3. But if you want even more leeway, you can replace your quicksilver with a fourth worm flask for Sirus and other long fights like Uber Elder :)

Thank you so much for recording! I'm sure people will enjoy seeing a non-lagging video :P

How do you do carry? i tried once and person that i carried was constantly pulled in Sirus circle (even tho he waited in loby with zana) and then he died, respawned ,pulled in again lol, couple times. I didnt try after that again.

finished uploading, but youtube fucked my video of 1440p down to 1080p , couldnt get it to show 1440..deleted uploading again.
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jul 1, 2020, 4:15:52 PM
Hey man great build so far. Just few questions. Do i only need jars when i make spiders from nothing? Had few fights where suddenly spiders vanished and didnt get new ones:D Sometimes they are refreshed the 20 pack when i cyclone thru mobs. Sometimes not?
Tried blighted map t1 and felt like spiders couldnt down bosses if i faced more than 1 boss on those "roads"?
Saw u talkin replacing 2 rings, thought that freeze immunity ring is endgame?
Hi, thanks for the guide.

What dou you think about Soul of Steel as Anoint ?
Ok here is video
https://youtu.be/45v9V4wIKl8

Mind you this was messy fight.Boss was bugging a lot, some phases merged together in one causing havoc, I am still getting used to playing as summoner. So i messed up flask usage and ended up without flasks charges..
so death was voluntary even tho it wasnt actually designed, just so i can refill flasks. Build is very strong and totally dominant over Sirus.

P.S my gems are underleveled and no quality :-/

Played and recorded on 11y old PC :P
Just added new GPU for Asus tuf 32" 2k monitor
gtx nvidia 1660
intel 2500k
32gb ram ddr3
ssd crucial 1tb
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jul 1, 2020, 7:35:56 PM
"
Vatinas wrote:

Here I am! :) Sorry for the delay in the answer.

No worries, I really appreciate the effort in answering to all of us! :)

"
Vatinas wrote:

As for the rings, you can start by grabbing rings with only reduced mana reserved. I sold my old ring, which had that mod and was catalysed to 21% reduced mana reserved, for 50c a few days ago, so you should be able to get two fairly quickly. :)

Yeah, probably will do something like that, since so far I haven't go one single EX drop :(

"
Vatinas wrote:

Concerning your LL version, I want to insist on the fact that I've played LL for four leagues straight, and this being the first league I'm building CI, it's so, so much better. The damage is not that much better in the LL version (plus, remember spiders do half the DPS, so 10% more damage on sentinels is only 5% more damage globally), and being immune to chaos damage is a huge improvement, since it was basically the only thing that could kill us. I had my first death in maps only recently, and it was to a martyr's touch corpse explosion in a T16, less armour/block chance, vulnerability map, when I didn't have time to use molten shell and my granite flask :') For comparison, I think I had died around 10 or 15 times by that time of the league with the LL version.

In fact, I'm planning to retire the LL version of the build, and focus on the CI one. I'm leaving it for now so people aren't forced to switch mid-league, but the LL tag will probably be gone by next league. My point is, you can always go LL if you want, but the benefits are far outweighed by the weaknesses in my opinion.

That being said, if you still want to go LL, you should make sure to reserve as much life and mana as possible, since those grant you armour and ES. So use a Blood Magic gem whose level is as low as possible, but still high enough to be able to use Determination, and one Circle of Guilt with 22% reduced mana reserved is enough to use HoP with your gems (which means you can get, for instance, sentinel damage + phys damage reduction on your other ring).

Actually I'm a little interested in give it a try just to check the diference by myself. not that I doubt you, but mostly because I think is a great way to learn about the game mechanics. (I still consider myself novice in the real of making builds, only have like 2 or 3 own builds that made it to endgame). I only hope I have enough time in the league.

"
Vatinas wrote:

Other than that, if you're willing to push the build to lvl 97+, you could take out Death Attunement and instead socket a secon medium cluster left of Minion Instability, with the same mods as listed in the guide. It would require level 98 for one notable, and 99 for two, but it would be much more damage than Death Attunement. Another option, if you want more tankiness, is to grab Steelwood Stance like I like, which grants a *lot* of armour in total if you've blocked recently, even if you have a shield.

Tried it on POB, it shows 2k more dmg per minion aprox (considering the 20 spiders + 4 sentinels, is like 48k more dmg, interesting trade for the points..but requires more level.

"
Vatinas wrote:

Last thing: don't underestimate Darkness Enthroned. ;) It's not completely necessary, but it's still an incresibly good belt that has the potential to be better than a really good stygian vise!

Yeah, it was a great alternative when I cheked the new pob, haven't played around it yet. (And no I don't understimate it ;) )

"
IceLancerSR wrote:

How do you do carry? i tried once and person that i carried was constantly pulled in Sirus circle (even tho he waited in loby with zana) and then he died, respawned ,pulled in again lol, couple times. I didnt try after that again.

Not sure how he does it, but when I did a carry, is owner of sirrius enter and activate the fight, then go out, killer enter and obliterate it, but just before final blow, call for owner to enter instance and get the kill.
Last edited by Kemmotar1 on Jul 1, 2020, 11:54:33 PM
Can someone explain to me doing the HOP Version - What is desercrate do? - WHy do we use it - How do we get spiders? I can only get like 2-4 during a boss fight or opening of a dungeon.

What do i have to do if im doing something wrong? lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info