[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

FYI, I updated the guide with Melding of the Flesh for 90% ele res. :)
Hey Vatinas,

Great guide, just a quick question. I've been messing around with my tree (followed the pre-Melding of the Flesh tree) trying to find/craft items that will cap my resistances, for the switch to Melding.

I notice that the physical reduction drops from 90% to around 85% while we get the increase in elemental resistance.

I assume that this is worth it for min/maxing purposes.

What kind of real world difference does it make? I am looking to need at least 40 ex for the transfer to buy and maybe a bit less to craft, but I have the worst luck!
Oh my gosh... one of the best guides ever! Really excited to try out this build.

Thank you so much for your well-written, easy-to-understand, and accurate post!

Edit: Just saw that I already have an Aegis Aurora on one of my Templar toons... that will save me a lot of heartache (and Exalts) ! :)

Edit again: OOPS! That toon is on Standard League... will still work, but really want to try it on Sentinel.
Last edited by citruslounge on Jun 15, 2022, 7:36:24 PM
"
ksin070 wrote:
Hey Vatinas,

Great guide, just a quick question. I've been messing around with my tree (followed the pre-Melding of the Flesh tree) trying to find/craft items that will cap my resistances, for the switch to Melding.

I notice that the physical reduction drops from 90% to around 85% while we get the increase in elemental resistance.

I assume that this is worth it for min/maxing purposes.

What kind of real world difference does it make? I am looking to need at least 40 ex for the transfer to buy and maybe a bit less to craft, but I have the worst luck!

Hey!

Yeah, it's still worth it. If you look at phys damage reduction as just another res (which it isn't really, but let's forget that for now), 83/90/90/90 is preferable to 90/76/81/77. Another argument is that most bosses deal a lot of elemental damage, and that much of what deals physical damage will still be tankable with Molten Shell as usual (e.g. Shaper/Elder slam).

I genuinely don't think there will be any "real world difference". If there is, you can always look for phys damage reduction on your Watcher's Eye. :)

"
citruslounge wrote:
Oh my gosh... one of the best guides ever! Really excited to try out this build.

Thank you so much for your well-written, easy-to-understand, and accurate post!

Edit: Just saw that I already have an Aegis Aurora on one of my Templar toons... that will save me a lot of heartache (and Exalts) ! :)

Edit again: OOPS! That toon is on Standard League... will still work, but really want to try it on Sentinel.

Thank you! It means a lot. :) Hope you enjoy the build!
Can I use mageblood and a bismuth flask thats 70% resistances to help cap melding of the flesh?
Last edited by Pheonlxace on Jun 16, 2022, 9:09:19 AM
Loving this toon!

Spent some currency to get it where it needs to be, but wow... takes everything down :)

I started 2 (or was it 3?) days ago... at level 76 now, and cruising through maps!

Thank you for the guide; this character is good times.

I still have some fine tuning to do on flasks, gem leveling, etc. Should only get better!

https://pastebin.com/imBa4Cnz
Last edited by citruslounge on Jun 18, 2022, 11:17:31 PM
Hello Vatina, first of all thanks for the amazing guide I'm loving the build so far and having a blast while mapping. But I'm having some issues on how to improve my ES (besides Gloves and Boots which I'm looking for better versions). Could you or anyone else playing this build give me some directions on were to improve?

Thank you in advance and keep the good work.

My pastebin: https://pastebin.com/dyXmysAF
Last edited by Hakeshu on Jun 20, 2022, 9:52:59 AM
Can I get some advice on how to improve the build? I know helmet can get the enchant, and I can get a few levels. Any other major things that can be tweaked? Feeling damage falling off somewhat

https://pastebin.com/M1em5Sai
Last edited by Renen on Jun 19, 2022, 2:35:52 PM
Hi again, I got my Aegis now and it's much better :) Well, I have a question: where does our bleeding come from? Because I just got my Skin of the Loyal (4R2B) and I was wondering about the Bloodlust choice...
Hey Vatinas,

Great build! Wondering if you could review my poebuild and see if there's any further improvements. Roughly spent 15-20 exalts on the current set-up. Squeezed out some skill points using thread of hope for the two large Clusters set-up.

Wondering if there's further improvements especially on the DPS side of things. Perhaps chaos conversion for synergy between the spiders and HoP?

pob link: https://pastebin.com/8cA0t8Ps

Cheers
Last edited by BlackPearlicious on Jun 21, 2022, 7:25:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info