[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
eldest-bike4 wrote:

My pleasure my brother

Ok i did diferent tree but you can easily do the same , i can make PoB for you if you want with our tree and dom blow

This is my friends PoB , he play dom blow every league , i did this tree

Is 100 % cold conversion with a pair of cheap unique gloves , our minions chill and freeze evrything , very easy lvling andy, rest gear just what i picked of the ground + tabula

For smite just ruthless and ancestral call + zombie+ relic till 28

Much respect

Cold coversion dom blow : https://pastebin.com/2H4Dt9hw

wohooo!! This is perfect. Thank you so much for the help. :)

I am planning on starting to level this character in a couple of days. I want to grind out as much of the spider gear as possible on my current character so that I can hit the ground running ASAP with the spiders.
"
Jack0o wrote:
[
Impressive. However you could still buff it with right shield, body armour and amulet. Shield + amulet can give you free skill with reservation. Skin of the Lords can give you pretty powerfull in my opinion defensive buff like Iron Reflexes (if you have free Grace from shield + amulet or Phase Acrobatics if you don't) or Skin of the Loyals with +1 to game levels implicit.

oh yes, I agree entirely!

please note that I was not in any way trying to create a GG build. I was trying to create a build that people could obtain with normal play and a little bit of grinding.

As you mentioned there are numerous GG upgrades that can be made in many places but that was not the intent since for the vast majority of players, obtaining those items is going to be REALLY hard.
"
"
Jack0o wrote:
[
Impressive. However you could still buff it with right shield, body armour and amulet. Shield + amulet can give you free skill with reservation. Skin of the Lords can give you pretty powerfull in my opinion defensive buff like Iron Reflexes (if you have free Grace from shield + amulet or Phase Acrobatics if you don't) or Skin of the Loyals with +1 to game levels implicit.

oh yes, I agree entirely!

please note that I was not in any way trying to create a GG build. I was trying to create a build that people could obtain with normal play and a little bit of grinding.

As you mentioned there are numerous GG upgrades that can be made in many places but that was not the intent since for the vast majority of players, obtaining those items is going to be REALLY hard.

Sure thing :) But still, you have some expensive items already, like awekened gems, Empower lvl 4 or unique jewel with corruption immunity. Without them you would be somewhere close to me with half the damage ;)

Btw, I have lightning golem in my shield because there were no shields with proper sockets on the market. But about the golem... It says that "MINIONS deal 20% increased damage" - plural kinda sugests buff for all minions. Could that be right? If yes, I could consider keeping the golem.
"
Jack0o wrote:

I tried to add HoA to the build but with no luck. I finished with some decent defence-oriented build. Not the highest ES (4.6k) and armour (46k) BUT capped resistances, block chance and spell block, 16k of evasion (52% evade chance, thanks to free Grace from shield and amulet) and 30% spell dodge. Kinda cheap build. Almost all items/gems below 50c. The most expensive was the body armour (2EX) and the amulet (8EX).
The downside of the build is damage, but there is a lot of room for improvements. I need gloves with Vulnerability (too expensive for me atm). Also Healthy Mind with corruption immunity when I can afford it (and get rid of rare jewel from the tree). Also Empower lvl 4, awakened gems. Maybe diffetent armour for better survivability - with Iron Reflexes for crazy +37k armour, but I'm not sure yet if it's worth losing 53% evasion chance and 30% spell dodge...

Any ideas what else I could change to buff the build?
https://pastebin.com/ZU0UGfVp

*Hello. You mentioned most of the items in your post about what needs to be upgraded.

*I wanted to give you more feedback but I think your POB link is corrupted. It looks like you might have double imported your build which is causing some of the stats and items to look funny. If you can, please do a complete reimport of your build and repost the POB and I will take a peak at it.

*One thing I wanted to mention is that you are using the poison setup in your HOP gem links but are using the large cluster jewel which has rotten claws in it, which is focused on Impale. This may have some thing to do with the corrupted POB link but I wanted to mention it any way just in case.

*I wanted to take a moment and discuss evasion. The most successful build I saw (highest DPS and defense) in the last 3 leagues came from a guy who made the argument that you do not want to invest in evasion in the build. His point was that our build is HIGHLY synergized around getting hit [blocking(shield synergy0, stunning(CWS synergy0, taking damage(CWDT synergy etc)] and that each time we evade/dodge a hit we are actually not synergizing with how we are constructed.

I can't say whether he is right or wrong and you have to play the build how you want to play it but I thought it was an interesting point that always stayed with me. I think I would lean towards Iron Reflexes vs Phase Acrobatics myself but you have to make the choice for yourself based on your beliefs of how the build should run.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 18, 2021, 7:17:26 PM
"
Jack0o wrote:

Btw, I have lightning golem in my shield because there were no shields with proper sockets on the market. But about the golem... It says that "MINIONS deal 20% increased damage" - plural kinda sugests buff for all minions. Could that be right? If yes, I could consider keeping the golem.

The text with the Golem only effects the Golem himself, he does not buff other minions. It is very strange wording on GGG's part.

I don't understand what you mean about the shield not having the correct 3 sockets on the market...why does that matter? The shield is easy and inexpensive to get what ever sockets on it you want via your crafting bench, even if its corrupted.
"
Jack0o wrote:

Sure thing :) But still, you have some expensive items already, like awekened gems, Empower lvl 4 or unique jewel with corruption immunity. Without them you would be somewhere close to me with half the damage ;)

I agree, that is why I mentioned "some grinding". Normal players can grind out 20-30ex over a full league to get it to this viable end game level.

It takes a lot more to grind out 60-70ex which is what some of the GG end game stuff will run.

By the way, don't be scared off by the cost of the awakened gems. Since the enormous nerfs, their prices have come WAY down compared to previous leagues. They are very easy to acquire. Although with the cheap price comes much less power than last league.

On the flip side, Empower (and its brother Enlighten) have sky rocketed this league.

In general I look at this stuff very simplistically. If I can't afford a Empower 4, I use an Empower 3. If I can't afford the Awakened Gems, I use a level 20 gem (the damage difference is so small now with the nerfs to the awakened gems). If I can't afford corrupted blood immunity, I get the jewels with out it until I can snag one.

I have found this league much less rewarding currency wise than other leagues but that just may be me. I know others are doing quite well.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 18, 2021, 7:56:02 PM
"

*Hello. You mentioned most of the items in your post about what needs to be upgraded.

*I wanted to give you more feedback but I think your POB link is corrupted. It looks like you might have double imported your build which is causing some of the stats and items to look funny. If you can, please do a complete reimport of your build and repost the POB and I will take a peak at it.

How about now?
https://pastebin.com/4bgV4Emh

"

*One thing I wanted to mention is that you are using the poison setup in your HOP gem links but are using the large cluster jewel which has rotten claws in it, which is focused on Impale. This may have some thing to do with the corrupted POB link but I wanted to mention it any way just in case.

I am still a big noob. Started playing PoE in the end of last league. Some aspects are still mystery for me... Like impaling, virulences and some other things used in HoP/HoA builds. Still learning ;) Tbh I bought this jewel with Rotten Claws for the PoA build and I kept it for now...

"

*I wanted to take a moment and discuss evasion. The most successful build I saw (highest DPS and defense) in the last 3 leagues came from a guy who made the argument that you do not want to invest in evasion in the build. His point was that our build is HIGHLY synergized around getting hit [blocking(shield synergy0, stunning(CWS synergy0, taking damage(CWDT synergy etc)] and that each time we evade/dodge a hit we are actually not synergizing with how we are constructed.

According to my thinking: we need high armour to regenerate our ES whith block. But if we don't take damage we have nothing to regenerate because our ES stays intact. On the other hand we can be affected by DoT and then taking some hits (blocking) could save us. BUT there are also spells. If I'm right, armour protects us from melee/ranged hits, while resistances protects from spell damage. If we get hit by melee/ranged attack, our shield will replenish our ES based on armour value. But when we get hit by spell our shield won't work as spells deal damage mitigated by resistances, not armour. That would mean maxing only armour will be effective against melee/ranged attakcs only. Normally we take both melee/ranged and spell damage in a fight, so spells hitting our ES are countered by melee/ranged hits replenishing our ES in the same time. But what if we take spell damage only? Would blocking spells also replenish ES? If not, having Phase Acrobatics (30% spell dodge) would be very useful.

"

I can't say whether he is right or wrong and you have to play the build how you want to play it but I thought it was an interesting point that always stayed with me. I think I would lean towards Iron Reflexes vs Phase Acrobatics myself but you have to make the choice for yourself based on your beliefs of how the build should run.

I got body armour first. I didn't consider having free Grace then and Iron Reflexes with 60 evasion wouldn't give much benefit ;) Also the cheapest body armour with Iron Reflexes and proper socket colours cost 20+ EX (out of my reach atm). I will play a bit with evasion and Phase Acrobatics to check if it works. For now some magic/rare red maps without hard modifiers seem like piece of cake. Gonna test in harder conditions ;)

"

The text with the Golem only effects the Golem himself, he does not buff other minions. It is very strange wording on GGG's part.

I don't understand what you mean about the shield not having the correct 3 sockets on the market...why does that matter? The shield is easy and inexpensive to get what ever sockets on it you want via your crafting bench, even if its corrupted.

As I said, I'm a noob ;] Don't know how to craft/modify Aegis Aurora to get BBB or BBR sockets and Grace skill. At least not yet. So I bought it but I would gladly replace green socket with red or blue.

"
In general I look at this stuff very simplistically. If I can't afford a Empower 4, I use an Empower 3. If I can't afford the Awakened Gems, I use a level 20 gem (the damage difference is so small now with the nerfs to the awakened gems). If I can't afford corrupted blood immunity, I get the jewels with out it until I can snag one.

My strategy too ;) Good thing is that build is pretty strong with low budget leaving a lot room for improvements by farming and upgrading one thing after another :)
Last edited by Jack0o on Aug 18, 2021, 8:17:22 PM
"
Jack0o wrote:

Would blocking spells also replenish ES? If not, having Phase Acrobatics (30% spell dodge) would be very useful.

yes, any block (spell or attack) will refresh our ES based on our armor.

"
Jack0o wrote:

As I said, I'm a noob ;] Don't know how to craft/modify Aegis Aurora to get BBB or BBR sockets and Grace skill. At least not yet. So I bought it but I would gladly replace green socket with red or blue.

If you have hideout, in your hideout there will be a crafting bench. Click on the bench and it will show numerous ways to craft items.

One of the very common items to craft is the number of sockets and color of sockets. It is very useful because it allows you to have a MUCH wider search when shopping on the trade site, at least on any items with 4 sockets or less.

One of the NPC's during the campaign (Helena maybe?) helps you use the crafting bench as one of your quests.

As you play the game you will find various crafting recipes (in the campaign, in delve, in mapping etc). As you find these recipes, they get added to your crafting bench.

In any case, if POE is a game you enjoy and wish to play in the future, getting to know the basics of your crafting bench will help you out tremendously.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 18, 2021, 8:45:34 PM
"
Jack0o wrote:

How about now?
https://pastebin.com/4bgV4Emh

It still looks wrong. I think you are simply reloading a build on to an old build. Your skills are all doubled (if you look at your skill window you will see this).

Follow these steps exactly.

1) Open POB

2) Click on the "back" button in the upper left corner

3) Click on New in the upper bar

4) Click on Import/Export build

5) Put your Account name in the top frame

6) Click the button labeled "Start"

7) Set your league to Expedition

8) Choose your current character that you want to import into POB

9) Click (just once) the box labeled "Passive Tree and Jewels"

10) Click (just once) the box labeled "Items and Skills"

11) Click the box labeled "done"

Your character should now be loaded. Sometimes POB does not do a good job importing the cluster jewels so look at your tree and make sure your cluster nodes are allocated the same way you have them in game.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 18, 2021, 8:43:49 PM
can someone give me few advises about my current build besides change 2nd flask and keep leveling) can't get idea how impale have to help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info