[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Thoughts on my setup so far?

I have another 20% Ring but the damn fertile on Xbox are so expensive.

RFanator is character. This is the only color combo I could find close to yours with +1 gem x2. So I went Impale for green.
Last edited by LockedGoblin689 on Feb 22, 2021, 2:19:27 PM
"
Froglure wrote:
"
Froglure wrote:
This build looks really interesting but I wanted to ask how big of a dps loss it would be if I used Cyclone with CwC/Desecrate/Offering.

Can anyone give me some insight?

I would lose according to PoB 1 million dps without maim in my cyclone. Whats more important is you wouldnt be able to run fortify too. Thats means you would take 20% more damage which is huge and makes the build way less tanky. Keeping offering up manualy isnt a problem anyway because you only need it at end game bosses.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 22, 2021, 2:28:40 PM
So this entire "enigma" with hubris jewels numbers bugs me a lot.
Here what i discovered.
IN Noice_Apple's build their jewel number is: 81000
https://ibb.co/9bpzsfN.

So i was looking for this SPECIFIC number.
However fed up with slamming diviners i started to buy cheap jewels and tried my luck.

This is my jewel with number: 91480 https://ibb.co/YjVPgTs and as u can see i have Slum Lord notable in exactly same spot...

So maybe, but maybe there is a range of those jewels which will give u desired notable in this spot?

Thats just me thinking.
I got lucky to buy only few jewels before i hit that 80% inc dmg.. now im hunting for 160% :)))
"
Veni1979MC wrote:
So maybe, but maybe there is a range of those jewels which will give u desired notable in this spot?

Having gone through quite a few jewels myself, I'm pretty certain there's no hard pattern to follow. There's tens of thousands of combinations possible (and that's assuming that the name doesn't matter, only the number). According to the Wiki, 23K possible jewel numbers and given the size of the passive tree and number of nodes, it's also quite possible that certain layouts aren't even achievable in the game today.

The true dream would be to have 2 slum lords, 1 gleaming legion (80% armor can be worth around 10K armor, better than Watcher's Eye or Energised Armor, so maybe it could replace one of those with another jewel) and maybe even Sceptre Pinnacle because 8% more spell block chance might free up a number of other possibilities in the tree and gear.

EDIT: I really don't like how RNG-ish this all is though. IMO requiring even 1 slum lord is pretty crazy since you have to manually keep trying these out. Having the build be fairly expensive is one thing, but having it take several hours of (expensive) manual swapping of gear means less time actually *playing* and that's a big downside to relying on those gems.

I landed myself a jewel with gleaming legion costing just 1 point and which was corrupted for 4% minion damage, and I think I'll just see how far I get on that unless someone figures out a way to reliably get a good timeless in less than an hour or two of mucking around.
Last edited by King_Haart on Feb 22, 2021, 7:40:17 PM
can someone check my equipment i know my amulet is not yet optimize im tring things. what should i do to my tree or equipements to improve more on damage?

this is my pob i dont know how to get my total dps. https://pastebin.com/yzHLZFVm

Spoiler

"
Zerber wrote:
"
Froglure wrote:
"
Froglure wrote:
This build looks really interesting but I wanted to ask how big of a dps loss it would be if I used Cyclone with CwC/Desecrate/Offering.

Can anyone give me some insight?

I would lose according to PoB 1 million dps without maim in my cyclone. Whats more important is you wouldnt be able to run fortify too. Thats means you would take 20% more damage which is huge and makes the build way less tanky. Keeping offering up manualy isnt a problem anyway because you only need it at end game bosses.

Because of physical limitations, I only have the ability to press 2 buttons at most (movement and main skill). I could get Fortify by using some rare elder boots and lose up to 6% spell block instead.
"
Froglure wrote:
Because of physical limitations, I only have the ability to press 2 buttons at most (movement and main skill). I could get Fortify by using some rare elder boots and lose up to 6% spell block instead.

A few (dozen?) pages back, someone mentioned that they got their spell block elsewhere and switched out their boots for 'The Stampede', which basically gives you constant 150% movement speed (no boosts from flasks, though if you have only 2 buttons I'm guess you are going without flasks anyhow and TBH I also don't like having to rely on them, I don't really have the reflexes for that). Cyclone doesn't slow you down then, so you could maybe put cyclone as your movement skill?
"
Froglure wrote:

I play on a controller, and I'm using CwDT to reduce the number of buttons I have to push rather than CoC. I'm using CwDT - Molten Shell - Summon Holy Relic - (Feeding Frenzy), as well as CwDT - Spirit Offering. You could put the Desecrate in there too (I have it over-levelled relative to CwDT so I can cast it on demand, which I do find to be useful with this build, though in fairness I've not actually tried it linked). I sacrificed Rallying Cry and Increased Duration, and frankly the build still feels great.
"
"
Froglure wrote:

I play on a controller, and I'm using CwDT to reduce the number of buttons I have to push rather than CoC. I'm using CwDT - Molten Shell - Summon Holy Relic - (Feeding Frenzy), as well as CwDT - Spirit Offering. You could put the Desecrate in there too (I have it over-levelled relative to CwDT so I can cast it on demand, which I do find to be useful with this build, though in fairness I've not actually tried it linked). I sacrificed Rallying Cry and Increased Duration, and frankly the build still feels great.

Thank you, I completely forgot that this was an option somehow ^^
Rallying Cry was never an option for me anyway since I hate non-instant Warcries.
I Will definitely try this build now :D
"
Dyslate wrote:
This build is really great! I loved the great linear progression of minmaxing and upgrading the build.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Dyslate/TemplarBotting?i=0&search=name%3Dtemplar

Did some upgrade i swap from astramentis to a custom int +lvl amulet
This can get you really good damages (cost: arround 14 exalted to craft)

Working really fine, can kill all bosses fast, and have a good clear in juicy T16. (that will do maven in less than 3 min, or sirus 9 in less than 5 min)

Could still get some upgrade, as awakened multistrike on my chest, or +1 sentinel on my memory vault.

But still, a really good build ty for sharing it!

Not too familiar with crafting, so I want to make sure I get this right. Did you just get two influenced amulets with the + skill gem mods, then awakener's orb them together? How did you go from there to guarantee the third prefix is an ES one? Remove/add defences until you got it? I assume for suffixes you used something like 'reforge, keep prefix'?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info