[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Exxi wrote:
@Zerban and Noice_Applez, i like your ideas how to individualize this build even further, but imo your 2 builds are not a generic approach here. What both of you do is specialize it to a personal favor and thats far of from the guide.
I wonder if anyone could even reproduce one of your builds, your cluster gems and items seem very very rare to even come close. Besides aiming for a +2 or +3 HoP body armor makes this even more unrealistic, such go for 50-80 ex.

I sort of agree with you, but my opinion depends on the variant we're taking about.

For Noice's variant... It's just bad. I'm not even talking about Noice himself, which appears to be an awful person and whose answers don't make having an objective view of his build easy, but the variant is just bad. Like Zerber said, he has way too little armour to be able to even consider taking on tough bosses or juiced T16/T19 maps, and his dps is unrealistic (as someone who has been taking on a few Feared fights, lots of Maven fights, and delirious T16 maps, no, Noice, your minions will never be on full life).

In more generality, sacrificing defence for "even moar dps" is simply a terrible idea that is characteristic of PoB warriors. I could go on and on about how defence and QoL are way more important as long as your dps is above a "bare minimum" threshold, but since Noice has probably stopped reading anyway, I'm not sure there's a point. :)

Zerber's variant is different. First, I love that this is more or less the only variant I've seen on this thread that keeps my original archetype that well, and barely even sacrifices any armour (and the 10K-ish armour that is sacrificed is made up by a healthy 1K-ish increase in ES). And the sentinels' dps, while being realistic, is very well improved. The spiders lose some dps, around 25% if I remember correctly, but 1) they still have a high enough dps to clear easily, and 2) the total dps is still increased, which is nearly never the case when I import variants from this thread.

All in all, I think that's a great variant. :) The only reason I am not simply switching to it is personal preference; in general, I prefer building around the passive tree than using several cluster jewels, and on top of believing that it's a very strong way to build here, I love the aesthetic of playing "phys as extra chaos". And when it comes to it being integrated to the guide, I feel like my original version is easier to build, since it requires fewer cluster jewels and fewer specific rare items. But I really love the variant. (And, as a matter of fact, I've switched to a Cyclopean Coil myself in Ritual! And while it made me lose a bit of armour, I compensated that with a different anoint, and enjoyed a decent increase in ES as well. And more importantly, I *love* the ailment immunity.)

So thank you Zerber for this variant :) I might not integrate it to the guide for the reasons I listed above, but it's a really nice one. (And you could consider simply ignoring Noice; just let him butcher ever defensive layer we have, show off with his bagillion PoB dps and not be able to run T1 maps. :) )
"
Exxi wrote:
Besides aiming for a +2 or +3 HoP body armor makes this even more unrealistic, such go for 50-80 ex.

+2 duration corrupted Skin of the Loyal often go for 10 EX and the dps loss compared to a +1 all gems is like 10k so basicaly no difference.

You can run 3 gem setups that do roughly the same dps. This means the build works with a 4 red/2 blue, 3red/1 green/2 blue or 4 red/1 green/1 blue socket. It makes getting a realisticaly priced corrupted skin of the loyal a lot easyier, both of the variants with a green socket force you to switch to dread banner or else your impale gem will not do the same dps.

"
I love the aesthetic of playing "phys as extra chaos

I have the feeling that "somewhere in the depths of PoB" is a variant that does absurd ammounts of poison dps but im not able to find it.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 14, 2021, 6:23:12 AM
I love this build, i skipped the las league and did try the "bleed bow" build that popular. But spiders are the real build to go in POE.
Somehow (again) i did manage to f... up the build. Im lacking damage, t16 phoenix hardly loses life (killed him but dying / getting out of flask).

Im still losing belt + jewels in it (atm just a belt to cap ress), also in the skills missing gems + lvls to add sockets. I did go for some dmg swapping mana reservation for clusters first. I could not get all mana reserve auras anyway.

Is there any big dmg upgrade im missing a skill i did not add, a core item i did not buy?

Im aware that armor 6l will change my dmg (a bit, much dont know, im bad a POB so i could not manage to check it). Just got the rings with + dmg for HOP, slowly upgrading those + amu as i get catalyst. I think the next upgrade should be armor + proper gems, but will that change much in my dmg output?
Im not even thinking about doing any core content bossed having problem with "normal" t16 endgame ones like minotaur or phoenix. I still cant use determination (not even close) but its "just" survival as far as im aware.

Would be glad to get any tip what to do now.
Last edited by MrEasyMode on Feb 14, 2021, 6:38:29 AM
"
Zerber wrote:

"
I love the aesthetic of playing "phys as extra chaos

I have the feeling that "somewhere in the depths of PoB" is a variant that does absurd ammounts of poison dps but im not able to find it.

What do you mean? :O

"
MrEasyMode wrote:
I love this build, i skipped the las league and did try the "bleed bow" build that popular. But spiders are the real build to go in POE.
Somehow (again) i did manage to f... up the build. Im lacking damage, t16 phoenix hardly loses life (killed him but dying / getting out of flask).

Im still losing belt + jewels in it (atm just a belt to cap ress), also in the skills missing gems + lvls to add sockets. I did go for some dmg swapping mana reservation for clusters first. I could not get all mana reserve auras anyway.

Is there any big dmg upgrade im missing a skill i did not add, a core item i did not buy?

Im aware that armor 6l will change my dmg (a bit, much dont know, im bad a POB so i could not manage to check it). Just got the rings with + dmg for HOP, slowly upgrading those + amu as i get catalyst. I think the next upgrade should be armor + proper gems, but will that change much in my dmg output?
Im not even thinking about doing any core content bossed having problem with "normal" t16 endgame ones like minotaur or phoenix. I still cant use determination (not even close) but its "just" survival as far as im aware.

Would be glad to get any tip what to do now.

Having a 6L in a Skin of the Loyal is a huge dps upgrade. That should be your priority :) Follow the "gear progression" section of the guide if you're a bit lost.
Any help with this? Please

"
Tisanet wrote:
Hi everyone!

i like so much this build ... but i must do something wrong ... because i dye so much times that i thought, and i have not a lot damage ...

here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/7HKsx5zB

i know i need Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe , buit its to expensive for me now (i have a bad luck with drops)

any advise to help me please ... i want to have my first 100 too

thanks
was change build a bit, sentinels now have 1.9M dps, each spider 70k, 7kES/86k Armour(7.5kES/90k with another belt), dps on bosses reach totally new level)

https://pastebin.com/C4TRNgSP

also there is 2 belts in pob, i feel better with harbringer but is expensive.

i`m new in game, don't play 2 years and is my first league after long time so i`am not sure what i can do else. if someone have ideas just message me , i will test it in game)
@ Noice_Applez

thanks for your feedback, I will check this, though I try to keep to the OP build where both are linked, so I thought there was another possibility, or mistake I made
That was a nice discussion between you all, I have never imported so much pastebin but that was enlightened!

At the end, I think Tapo4ku4D build is the most similar to the original build and offers evevything we are looking for to have a noticeable upgrade on dps.

(off topic ^^ :
Do not be rude with Noice, maybe he is going the wrong way, but at least, he tries, and sometimes when you are not in the good mood, you can answer people with a ton you do not realize.
@ Zerber, you are so profesional and answer questions with high details, I really thank you for that. And you ask for the questions we do not have in mind but are the most important after all. Ty again!)

And ty Vatinas, I love this build, I was worried about not beeing able to customize fopr end end game with high dps, but it looks like it is possible thanks to all people discussing and aguing on this post, good work.

Do you guys think also like me, that Tapo4ku4D way to go is the best optimized one? I am still a bit lost because I need to check all different good alternative builds posted this last couple days.

(edit, LoL I have just seen that Tapo4ku4D pob dps HOP is set up at crusade slam^^)
HF and GL bros
Last edited by cloudzor on Feb 14, 2021, 9:22:11 AM
cloudzor, i`ll upload video in a bit) with some random boosted map, maybe later sirius etc

need wait a bit for good picture:

Random boosted map(boss on 8 minute): https://youtu.be/xjgBu9Sdej4

Elder: https://youtu.be/xvdUYSpulL8

Shaper: https://youtu.be/MidvHl2203o
Last edited by Domik32tVoc on Feb 14, 2021, 10:06:41 AM
"
What do you mean? :O

I think it might be possible to make a high dps poison HoP version. Im horrible with anything poison, never done a build around it but it might be possible. I ask a guildy that does a lot of rangers maybee he has some insight.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 14, 2021, 10:21:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info