[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Zerber wrote:
"
echevierra wrote:
hi, took a liking to this build from regular golem/spectre build so i just spent all my money on this chara.
Been lucky this past 3 days, bought this for 30ex

and today i crafted this baby, spent around 25ex for this just because i want two resist suffix

Currently sitting at 2.1m per sentinel and 45k per spider with 7,8k ES + 73k Armor, ~100ex spent. My Pob: https://pastebin.com/f1mqcJXt

Any advice on how to improve spiders dps without sacrificing too much ES/Armour? prob need more than 50k+ for better clearing with meele splash. Ald think about sacrificing 300 ES and 10k armor for +400k sentinel dps and +10k spider dps, but i don't think that a good idea. Also how do you guys without cast when stunned linked to holy relic keep to proc feeding frenzy? mine always died so slightly lost in dps.
Thank you very much.

Firstoff you payed 30ex for a double corrupt chest? Thats insanly lucky, I spend almost twice as much on it :D.

The thing with spiders is that all those fancy extra dps boosts like impale ect do not do much for spiders. You need raw minion damage or attack speed. So a covenant jewel or a elegant hubris with minion damage is the easiest way to push it.

You are running maim in your spider links and it lowers your dps. Maim in your cyclon setup + another minion link will boost their dps.

Tbh I dont know why you guys all try to force pride into this build. Im sitting at 10,5 million combined spider/HoP dps and its more than enough to clear everything without pride.

You are also not spell block capped. I personaly would remove pride, shuffle things around so spiders do more damage and get higher ES. From my experience one shots still happens with 8k ES. So I personaly settled down with 61k armour, 9500 ES and 1,6 million HoP (1,85 with awakened multi) and 59k spider damage (with melee splash) to be one shot proof. I can still boost HoP to 2 million or my ES to 10000 with the last 3 points. Imo forcing pride into this build is a trap.

hi Zerber. I like your take on the build a lot. I was planning to get something similar but I have a question: How did you got your Elegant Hubris? Divine spamming? The two passives granting 80% minion damage are a huge dps boost the problem is getting that jewel :S

the megalomaniac jewel is also kinda impossible to get with 3 usefull passives, that also sucks.

other than that

could you share your tree again? the one you posted before had the split personality jewel.

thanks!
"
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
Hi guys,

I'm getting trouble to get the spiders out when bossing (sometimes even when mapping.)

Sentinels are no probs, but even with the 2 flasks I can't get the 20 spiders, and boss fights are ETERNAL...

Any ideas here?

Thanks!

For DPS in general you really should get the vulnerability on hit on your gloves.
It's probably also a bit about timing the use of the worm flasks. In crowded areas like e.g. the ritual altars there are a lot of mobs to kill and corpses to use but even then, casting a few desecrates and just cycloning around makes 20 spiders easily. Are there any particular boss fights that take long? Map bosses and conquerors should be over before the summoned spiders go away on the first cast. Also make sure to use melee phys on bosses and splash on trash. I sometimes forget to swap back to splash and clear speed plummets then.

Well I just died in Sirus Awakening 0 again....

I am sort of able to get the sentinels, but I had max 3 spiders using flasks and desecrate. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
Flasks - Cyclone - Desecrate/Spirit Offering? I'm assuming this is the order, but rn I'm not even sure of myself :P

It's kind of frustrating because I sunk a lot of ex, but by comparison my previous raise specter/zombies build was very cheap and Sirus was toast on the spot.

I find my minions don't last nearly as long or do nearly as much dmg as the previous build.

On the other hand, I love the armor/ES and tankiness of this one... it's just the DPS is totally lacking :(

PS: I'll check some new gloves...

THIS IS WRONG ORDER:
"Flasks - Cyclone - Desecrate/Spirit Offering? I'm assuming this is the order, but rn I'm not even sure of myself :P"

you simply start with 2 Desecrate - so we have 10 bodies in ground - then you start CYCLONE, and the click potion - look where worms are flying and direct cyclone in that direction... before you use potion you can wait to get all cyclones stacks cause they increase area of cyclone. It should be always 16-20 spiders that way. you create 2 spiders per body....

"
Sark0t wrote:

hi Zerber. I like your take on the build a lot. I was planning to get something similar but I have a question: How did you got your Elegant Hubris? Divine spamming? The two passives granting 80% minion damage are a huge dps boost the problem is getting that jewel :S

the megalomaniac jewel is also kinda impossible to get with 3 usefull passives, that also sucks.

other than that

could you share your tree again? the one you posted before had the split personality jewel.

thanks!

Hi so my current build is https://pastebin.com/mRHB2Lew

You can get those megalomaniac relative easy just make a live search with count 1 energy from naugh or will shaper and a second count for 1 of the spell block notables (their are 5 afaik so the pool of possible combinations is rather high). I have one running to find better megalomaniacs and usually one or two pop up every day.
The third megalomaniac notable is just bonus.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/qZLWLp3Hg

Thats my search config for the megalomaniacs
Right now their are 9 for sale with at least a ES boosting and a spell block notable.

I spammed roughly 20 divines to find my first good elegant hubris, yeah I know its all just luck.
27400 gives you 160% minion damage for 4 passive points
84820 gives you 160% minion damage for 5 passive points
Maybee their are some on the market right now

That said such a jewel is only 10 to 20 precent more damage from those passives than using the ravenous horde passives so its only super min maxing.

I dont use split personality anymore because slotting a good abyss jewel gives my minions blind on hit so I can ditch my blind from cyclone and free one gem slot.

Edit: Easiest way to cap your spell block is a corrupted aegis aurora.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 15, 2021, 10:25:05 AM
"
Vizdus wrote:
"
\

THIS IS WRONG ORDER:
"Flasks - Cyclone - Desecrate/Spirit Offering? I'm assuming this is the order, but rn I'm not even sure of myself :P"

you simply start with 2 Desecrate - so we have 10 bodies in ground - then you start CYCLONE, and the click potion - look where worms are flying and direct cyclone in that direction... before you use potion you can wait to get all cyclones stacks cause they increase area of cyclone. It should be always 16-20 spiders that way. you create 2 spiders per body....

GASP... right... 18 spiders first try...
Thanks, man, this build is so different from the previous ones (a lot of skills' buttons to press) that I was quite confused.
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Sark0t wrote:

other than that

thanks!

Hi so my current build is https://pastebin.com/mRHB2Lew

You can get those megalomaniac relative easy just make a live search with count 1 energy from naugh or will shaper and a second count for 1 of the spell block notables (their are 5 afaik so the pool of possible combinations is rather high). I have one running to find better megalomaniacs and usually one or two pop up every day.
The third megalomaniac notable is just bonus.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/qZLWLp3Hg

Thats my search config for the megalomaniacs
Right now their are 9 for sale with at least a ES boosting and a spell block notable.

I spammed roughly 20 divines to find my first good elegant hubris, yeah I know its all just luck.
27400 gives you 160% minion damage for 4 passive points
84820 gives you 160% minion damage for 5 passive points
Maybee their are some on the market right now

That said such a jewel is only 10 to 20 precent more damage from those passives than using the ravenous horde passives so its only super min maxing.

I dont use split personality anymore because slotting a good abyss jewel gives my minions blind on hit so I can ditch my blind from cyclone and free one gem slot.

Edit: Easiest way to cap your spell block is a corrupted aegis aurora.

so, i have done a few changes to the build and its shaping up to be great. just got a +2 sotl which is a +30% dps, plus a few cluster jewels.
i am scanning the trade site for a megalomaniac with 3 useful passives, but nothing so far and its been a feen hours ayyyy.
still the thing that bothers me the most is the kinda low dps of the spiders. i have tried both splash and full life supports and they feel pretty similar clear-wise.
still, build is insane. dying is almost impossible and even if clear may be not the fastest, man it feels good not to die ever again :D

here is my pastebin if you or anyone else want to take a look: https://pastebin.com/k0aJY5qh

so far i think i might have spent like 30-40ex or so in the build, can't be sure since i've been constantly changing stuff (i do this all the time, even if i have the currency i invest in a build slowly as i progress).

ps: thanks a lot zerber!

ps2: why take resolute technique?
Last edited by Sark0t on Feb 15, 2021, 2:33:06 PM
"
Sark0t wrote:

ps2: why take resolute technique?

I use those gloves its more ES and +2 duration gems buffs my offering/discipline/molten shell

I need resolute technique because I would have only 60% accuracy without the shaper gloves.

"
Zerber wrote:

Firstoff you payed 30ex for a double corrupt chest? Thats insanly lucky, I spend almost twice as much on it :D.

The thing with spiders is that all those fancy extra dps boosts like impale ect do not do much for spiders. You need raw minion damage or attack speed. So a covenant jewel or a elegant hubris with minion damage is the easiest way to push it.

You are running maim in your spider links and it lowers your dps. Maim in your cyclon setup + another minion link will boost their dps.

Tbh I dont know why you guys all try to force pride into this build. Im sitting at 10,5 million combined spider/HoP dps and its more than enough to clear everything without pride.

You are also not spell block capped. I personaly would remove pride, shuffle things around so spiders do more damage and get higher ES. From my experience one shots still happens with 8k ES. So I personaly settled down with 61k armour, 9500 ES and 1,6 million HoP (1,85 with awakened multi) and 59k spider damage (with melee splash) to be one shot proof. I can still boost HoP to 2 million or my ES to 10000 with the last 3 points. Imo forcing pride into this build is a trap.

Thx for the feedback, been thinking hard and finally decide to buy aegis with spell block corrupt and get myself 4 node 160% minion dmg elegant hubris too. With elegant hubris i can drop enlighten and put minion dmg for spider but sadly i still can't figure out replacing missing dps without pride. Now i ran cyclone with maim + capped spell block. After tweaking some i ended up with 8k ES, 62k armour, 67k spider dps and 2.1m HoP with initial effect pride. Also how important is accuracy? my hit rate is 82% rn idk if that enough or quite poor.
"
echevierra wrote:
Also how important is accuracy? my hit rate is 82% rn idk if that enough or quite poor.

If you have all sentinels up at bosses its good enough :D
Am i missing something here? Its a very solid build, but i dont understand the purpose of Summon holy relic, when it dies in less than 10 seconds in ANY combat in maps above yellow. This is with the Divergent Holy relic with max quality. It seems like these slots may have better use, or am i doing something wrong with keeping the relics alive?

I too seem to have come unstuck with this build a little. I levelled as Dominating Blow and Herald of Purity and wanted to switch to something with CI and ran across this. I already had perfect mana reservation HoP rings, so barely cost anything to switch. The clear is great, but my single-target DPS is really lacking; I burned a Shaper set earlier just because I could not do enough DPS to even get through the first phase (though it was Maven-witnessed).

I've changed up some links to include some CwDTs, so I'd anticipate a small hit but it just seems really bad. Even if I fully level/quality my gems in PoB, I don't seem to get close to the numbers I'm seeing quoted in the thread. Is there anything obvious I've missed? PoB: https://pastebin.com/aWuCp9px

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info