[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Dobarn wrote:
@Camatoo - may be missing other pieces, but some gear to aim for:

For the jewels in your belt try to get +ES and +mana (along with resistances / minion stats). These make a masive difference

Watchers Eye with +armour from determinaion (or +phys red if needed) makes a big difference to ES, although it'll lower your armour

Better rolls on memory vault and Rainbowstride

Improved rolls and then quality on necklace

6.3K should be plenty for stomping pretty much any content though

Edit - Balls Vatinas posted just slightly earlier! At least we agreed

Great minds think alike it seems 8-) You did add some stuff I missed though, so thanks!

Also, just to be a bit clearer; a Watcher's Eye would be a great upgrade in terms of ES, but only do that if you can afford another jewel with corrupted blood immunity! ;)
Thanks for making the leveling guide, it really helped :)
One change that may help is using holy flame totem to help with dps and clear before you get herald of purity/dom blow, just to make the earlier acts smoother :)
Vatinas I'm impressed that you already went CI ! Around how much ES do you have ? I guess it's important to have flat mana on all your gear to make the transition ?
I went with a life version for now by picking up the life nodes we pass by, there are a lot of them. I have 4k life, and got a cheap shield with 80hp on block.
Maybe you can add a few life nodes to the leveling trees, I already felt pretty squishy in the acts. Also for leveling Spiritual Aid felt very worth it (to get the first kills going). Considering the free respec points we get in the campaign I'd think about including it in the guide.
Dom blow is amazing for now, but I'm not getting much value out of the HoP, they're only up on bosses, and even then rarely 4/4. I was wondering if I should get a speaker's wreath or worm flasks to get more kills...
Anyway thenk you for the build, and any pointers on ES and CI would be appreciated.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Camatoo wrote:
hey, i often looked through this guide, i love minion builds and guardian was one of my first characters.

I play mostly standard, so i took the oppurtunity to fully respec my lvl 94 guardian.

After i completed the gear, i noticed a difference from roughly 1.3k ES from your character.
I looked through everything, swapped some jewels, but im still at 6.3k ES...something feels off, but i can't make out what. Character is Ralois if you don't mind take a look.

Hey :)

I took a look, ans it's mostly small upgrades here and there. Better rolls on items (Memory Vault, Astramentis (+ intrinsic catalyst on there), ...), and also a Watcher's Eye instead of an Energised Armour when you can afford it. :) As I said in the guide, Energised Armour is great to have cheap armour + corrupted blood immunity, but a Watcher's Eye will get you similar armour, and more ES.

"
Hi Vatinas, thanks for making this build! I league started this and it's been a blast so far. Of all the builds I've tried this is both the easiest to gear and the most fun! Got the aegis aurora already (though I'm still dying quite a bit, cuz I'm not used to melee) and just waiting for arakaali's fangs to drop in price now :)

Nice, congrats! :) I'm going to be able to afford my Aegis soon too. Hope you keep enjoying it!

Thanks for the look through. Yes i noticed later on that my boots and helmet have low rolls and that i found the missing skills in the passive. Im missing the "heart and soul" note that gives 28% mana. That should give another good ES boost.
For the Watcher's eye, they are pretty cheap in standard, since no one is really using determination. My issue is to find a cheap/good blood corrupted jewel i can use. Other than that, the build is super fun, the spiders are extremely aggressive and the clearspeed is better than i thought.

Need to look for bosses, but i think its solid if you can manage your spiders well.
The path of building link doesn't seem to be working. It says it's a valid link, but when i import it it crashes. Any ideas why?
"
Keeptrying wrote:
The path of building link doesn't seem to be working. It says it's a valid link, but when i import it it crashes. Any ideas why?

Are you using the community fork?
Thanks for this build. Campaign was a breeze with your guide.
Just started on maps and now a feel a bit squishy could someone check my character and give me some pointers please?
Just maybe I could do something with gem choices or is it just because gear needs to be better

"
Are you using the community fork?

I guess not since i redownloaded and it works now. Thanks
@Riniha

Aegis, even if it's not a great roll is massive. Gives good armour and +ES, and the replenish from it is really noticable
Thanks for the guide, I league started with it and it's going great so far. Everything started melting as soon as I got the fang, and I became pretty much immortal when I got the aegis + memory vault combo (still running low maps though).

I'm starting to eye skin of the loyal and considering colors. If I want to drop Predator support on the HoP because I'm lazy (and for slightly better damage on clear/aoe), what would be the best options?
I saw vile toxins recommended for alternative socket colors if 4R 2B is too expensive, but in this case I mean for my final setup assuming I can choose any color combination (including another blue instead of predator) and can use awakened/alt quality gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info