[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
Alright so some theorycraft again:

So I was messing with the setup a bit and I realized that ward gloves gave us quite a bit of extra power that I initially did not accounted for. This means that we could possibly do pure SA again (god bless) with old withering step on left click setup. I managed to get the pob for endgame ward setup to 3.3M dps per thorn arrow, what in the end is around 33M poison DPS what is rly good.

I managed to do this by fitting in Malevolence again (what also opens up watchers eyes), taking Charisma on tree, replacing -chaos res hunter mod with pure and nice ward helmet.

Here is wip pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/BAX4wbdr

On different note, this setup also makes Divine Flesh less viable because it overlaps with Charisma, I will have to think about this a bit.

Alright so followup on this:

I was messing with Transcendence as alternative defensive setup instead of Divine Flesh as Divine Flesh turned out to be too restrictive to take the rmr nodes and still use Malevolence.

Transcendence has really good synergy with Ward stacking because we stack increased global defenses what also affects armour and evasion. Of course it does quite a bit less damage than Strength of Blood setup but I think that is fine as it is much tankier and its nice to have setups focused on damage (while having very balanced survivability) and then setup focused on tank (while still having respectable damage).

Here is my WIP pastebin for it: (separate Transcendence tree, item sets sets etc, the setup has around 50k armour with transcendence what is pretty solid)

https://pastebin.com/vbg4s3sn

Another followup:

So after some playtesting I decided to also drop Blood Rage (not sure about that still but you guys should know that it sometimes kills us, especially on longer fights and it makes us chug life flask constantly). Dropping Blood Rage also means even better Strength of Blood uptime as SoB disables itself when we chug flask to full HP then we have to leech again, but without BR we dont have to chug that often what means we are with SoB disabled less often as well.

Instead of BR i decided to grab Vaal Cold Snap (because the setup had empty sockets) + cwdt Cold Snap for mapping (and as another defensive layer, I used it uuuh, idk, many leagues ago, its decent).

This also opens up space for cull on movement skill (and cull is rly good on BA because it keeps attacking for a while). What brings the possible endgame setup DPS to around 40M from SA alone what is rly good :d

Here is WIP pastebin again (im not updating guide before I will be 100% sure about this so im testing the setup rn):

https://pastebin.com/3DQDX8Pq
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Aug 25, 2021, 3:45:09 PM
"
tomeix wrote:
"
pphnx wrote:
Is anyone farming Scarabbaed/Alvaed Delirium Mirror with this build?

With how much budget(SC Trade) to farm Delirium Mirrored Tropical Islands for 100+ splinters?

With my actual items I had no problem with tropical island and getting like 150+ splinters, but i didnt farm it too much to be honest, I prefer to farm underground sea. I dont really know the budget since I crafted all my gear, but i guess its less than 100ex maybe not even 50.

Bow 4
Quiver 4ex(aw orb)
Ward Helmet with Enhcant 5ex + 3ex for hunters exalt
Chest 7-8 ex
Gloves 10ex temp chain corr
Amu 10ex
Rings Belt Boot 3ex
Gems 3ex Aw, Div Ano

45-55 ex
Didnt check your jewels cluster ... Maybe 5ex for them

Am I missing smt expensive?

idk why u using this chest. Is stacking ward so important?
Isnt +1 curse chest and Drity Tech amu better?

Last Question:
solstice amu(Dirty Tech Anoint)for Temp Chain
+1 curse chest
I can save up to 20ex is it the significant DPS lose?

Last edited by pphnx on Aug 25, 2021, 5:19:18 PM
"
pphnx wrote:
"
tomeix wrote:
"
pphnx wrote:
Is anyone farming Scarabbaed/Alvaed Delirium Mirror with this build?

With how much budget(SC Trade) to farm Delirium Mirrored Tropical Islands for 100+ splinters?

With my actual items I had no problem with tropical island and getting like 150+ splinters, but i didnt farm it too much to be honest, I prefer to farm underground sea. I dont really know the budget since I crafted all my gear, but i guess its less than 100ex maybe not even 50.

Bow 4
Quiver 4ex(aw orb)
Ward Helmet with Enhcant 5ex + 3ex for hunters exalt
Chest 7-8 ex
Gloves 10ex temp chain corr
Amu 10ex
Rings Belt Boot 3ex
Gems 3ex Aw, Div Ano

45-55 ex
Didnt check your jewels cluster ... Maybe 5ex for them

Am I missing smt expensive?

idk why u using this chest. Is stacking ward so important?
Isnt +1 curse chest and Drity Tech amu better?

Last Question:
solstice amu(Dirty Tech Anoint)for Temp Chain
+1 curse chest
I can save up to 20ex is it the significant DPS lose?

I have like 3.6k ward with flask up. thats 900 flat chaos damage thanks to gloves. awakened added chaos lv5 gives 234 to 352chaos. so its a lot. I was using extra curse in chest before, and i can say that this setup feels a lot better. If its worth 20 ex extra or not, its up to you.
As somebody who is currently not running the ward setup I have completed ilvl 84 hard expedition logbooks and am able to at least somewhat if not completely farm delirium tropical island delirium mirror. So do you need it?

No not really, most content is perfectly viable with a +1 curse chest and the other recommendations.

Now that being said, switching to ward basically removes gloves from the damage pool as the helm and the boots aren't good sources of damage in the normal build. So an extra 50% or more damage helps, but the divine flesh build is already pretty tanky and can clear at least most content barring the very high-end like maybe the feared.

A middle option I have done is get despair and temporal chains on hit hands of the high templar, which frees up a ring slot for another nostalgia ring and gives you whatever else is in the implicits + hp. This is a small buff to your damage and some more hp compared to the ward build, but tends to be much cheaper.

If you have further questions, you can take the POB from the current build, and import your gear. The trees damage is good for every SA build and you can compare what the DPS was to what it is with your gear. A Note of warning...if you import focused from your helm POB doesn't recognize it as you have to spell focused as 'focussed'. The helm craft for focused adds 40-50% more damage so take that into account before you do the comparison.
Can someone explain why we take taunt on hit for the murderous eye jewel? Is it because the thorn arrows are the ones applying the taunt, so we benefit from the -10% dmg taken?
"
Superloveman wrote:
Can someone explain why we take taunt on hit for the murderous eye jewel? Is it because the thorn arrows are the ones applying the taunt, so we benefit from the -10% dmg taken?

No, it is for ballistas
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Superloveman wrote:

No, it is for ballistas

I see, thank you.

I've done Sirius 8 with these gears at LVL 75 and only used 2 portals, and now im 90 with both cluster setups I can do end game very comfortably.

With more upgrade, its can easily reach LVL 100 but I kinda like my current gear, its not much tanky and I'm forced to pay attention while playing and I've learned a lot while playing this build since we're forgiving as long as we don't get one-shotted.

I might do more upgrade in the next week, and maybe get lvl 4 Enlighten to fit more aura, i really lucky to get that chest with only 1ex.
I managed a Traditional Pure Scourge Arrow with Divine Flesh without a ward set-up. It is very expensive though and require very high level character to min max:(. It can still get about 2.8 mil - 3.1 mil poison damage per scourge arrow.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/xvMYR1sE

It does mapping insanely well and I feel extremely tanky. The only thing I dont like are boss fight which has immunity phases such as Shaper with Maven regen. He often goes through lengthy immunity phases (such as portal phase or bullet phase) while I am ramping up damage and then Maven just heal him to full health. Some invitation with monster life is kinda hard since if you aren't ramping quick enough, bosses will simply just tear you down :(

I self-crafted my body armour for extra tankiness and 0 mana cost on Scourge Arrow, and boots for full ailment immunity.
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Aug 27, 2021, 1:52:33 AM
I wonder if losing the 20% global defences is worth it for a malevolence aul over envy..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info