[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

"
thedeathbeam wrote:

With 55ex budget I would recommend Divine Flesh version, it is like giga tanky atm while still having rly good damage, its just very annoying to gear (read: expensive :d) but you have more than enough budget for it.

You can use farruls if you want but you lose Despair because of no +1 curse chest and you also lose phys mitigation from endus, imo +1 curse chest is better

Thank you for the fast answer :)

Now i know where to start and what to focus.

I'll report in a few days how it feels.
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Well I have bunch of alt quals already pre-configured in PoB so I did not really felt the need to go in depth to the optional alt quals. Oh also, the alt qual MA do not increases its own duration, it increases SA duration, what is bad. So best MA qual is basically no qual, as I tried the +2 arrow one before and it really do not feels good because of the short duration.

For SA, the default qual is actually really good, projectile speed == clear and coverage. Other than that only anomalous SA is good (and better than default qual), for rest i would just use default proj speed qual.

My mistake, I checked POB and you do in fact have that set up, I looked for it previously, but couldn't find it and was not sure POB actually had a setting for it so I gave up. Looked harder seeing your confirmation that it does, and behold I am apparently blind as %$#@ lmao.

also thanks for the heads up about the MA alt quality, I hadn't wasted currency on it yet, glad I didn't. Honestly surprised by the poor performance of multi arrow, figured getting like 10% on it would make bossing feel smoother (3 arrows probably too much). Guess the auto aim really doesn't jive.

Are there any GG bows you can still craft with enough currency? Or is Darkscorn just BiS already?
I'm playing around with cluster jewels and rolled Low Tolerance on one of them. Anyone know how that stacks up against other mods I could get on a medium cluster jewel? (For reference, it's "+8% to Damage over Time for Poison, Poisons you inflict on non-Poisoned Enemies deal 300% increased Damage."
I'm struggling a bit to see where I could go and what to upgrade next, if OP or anyone else may help I'd appreciate it. I especially find that my single target dps is a bit lacking (it's my first time playing a poison build, I'm more used to hit builds where the damage is frontloaded and "instant", and thus bosses drop fast)

Here's my PoB for reference:
https://pastebin.com/yUx06R47

- I'm playing Divine Flesh, had some issues with capping my Chaos res early on so I had to settle for some subpar notables on my clusters, I know I'm a bit overcapped on my other resists now and I could go for a chaos res jewel elsewhere and get better notables on said clusters.
- Also could go for a Born of Chaos small cluster
- I'm missing out on a Mender's Wellspring cluster, but I fail to see the point in that. I'm 93 atm, did most of the endgame bosses and conqs, maven invitations, etc and I can't say that I struggle for Life flasks charges so... Is there another reason I'm missing for that notable?
- Is Vitality Extraction better than Dirty Techniques? OP lists a lot of possible anoints so I'm not 100% certain

What I really would like to know is if I'm at the point where I should be throwing tens of exalts at the spec to see marginal growth (in which case I'll probably just reroll to something else) or if I can yet expect to see decent gains from some things I'm missing out on.

As I said, clear speed is perfect, just boss damage is lacking (especially given the currency invested so far)
for boss damage, when ppl say its lacking, you really need to make sure you're standing near the bosses so that when your withering step pops off for the instant its cast then turned off, it still applies the wither stacks to the boss.

if you're too far away, it won't do so, and you'll be lacking a TON of damage
"
xMustard wrote:
for boss damage, when ppl say its lacking, you really need to make sure you're standing near the bosses so that when your withering step pops off for the instant its cast then turned off, it still applies the wither stacks to the boss.

if you're too far away, it won't do so, and you'll be lacking a TON of damage

I usually try my best to stand in almost melee range of bosses for that reason (and for the trick OP showed with the SA spread if your mouse cursor is close to your character when you shoot)
"
AlviSVPP wrote:
I'm struggling a bit to see where I could go and what to upgrade next, if OP or anyone else may help I'd appreciate it. I especially find that my single target dps is a bit lacking (it's my first time playing a poison build, I'm more used to hit builds where the damage is frontloaded and "instant", and thus bosses drop fast)

Here's my PoB for reference:
https://pastebin.com/yUx06R47

- I'm playing Divine Flesh, had some issues with capping my Chaos res early on so I had to settle for some subpar notables on my clusters, I know I'm a bit overcapped on my other resists now and I could go for a chaos res jewel elsewhere and get better notables on said clusters.
- Also could go for a Born of Chaos small cluster
- I'm missing out on a Mender's Wellspring cluster, but I fail to see the point in that. I'm 93 atm, did most of the endgame bosses and conqs, maven invitations, etc and I can't say that I struggle for Life flasks charges so... Is there another reason I'm missing for that notable?
- Is Vitality Extraction better than Dirty Techniques? OP lists a lot of possible anoints so I'm not 100% certain

What I really would like to know is if I'm at the point where I should be throwing tens of exalts at the spec to see marginal growth (in which case I'll probably just reroll to something else) or if I can yet expect to see decent gains from some things I'm missing out on.

As I said, clear speed is perfect, just boss damage is lacking (especially given the currency invested so far)

Well you have some space for potentional big upgrades. #1 would be hunter helmet with ailment duration, massive DPS boost, #2 would be tailwind boots.

Also uh, you kind of forgot to put quality on your bow, lmao. Its also not blessed.

Another easy and good upgrade is infused channeling 21/23 or 21/20 gives you already a lot better uptime for Infusion.

And for Mender's Wellspring, well it also gives you nice inc life recovery and the thing is, if we run out of life flasks we are dead, with Mender's wellspring and Vitality extraction you get enough flask charges to have life flask use every 3 seconds.

But if you feel like you do not need it then feel free to use different stuff, Dirty Techniques is very strong annoint, for Divine Flesh also Cleansed Thoughts to lessen the strain on your gearing.

Ofc max chaos res quiver and born of chaos would be alos massive defensive upgrades on top of possible offensive upgrades I listed.

EDIT:

You are also misisng quality on your withering step, so you are missing out on Wither stacks, same with Plague Bearer and your enhance is also only level 3
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on May 13, 2021, 9:14:28 PM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Well you have some space for potentional big upgrades. #1 would be hunter helmet with ailment duration, massive DPS boost, #2 would be tailwind boots.

Yeah, I was looking for those but at the same time the resists/intelligence requirements are heavy and tailwind, as a suffix, makes it even harder to reach caps.

"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Also uh, you kind of forgot to put quality on your bow, lmao. Its also not blessed.

Oh damn, I copied your "modified" bow from the PoB to mine and never bothered to check if my actual bow had quality or not...stupid me!

I'll work on the rest of the suggestions you made, and see how much of an investment that'd represent before maybe considering respecing to your CoC PF build, who knows!

Thanks for taking the time to help me!
Last edited by AlviSVPP on May 13, 2021, 10:12:50 PM
Boss dmg really low for me. I was dps-check by A9. What am I doing wrong.

https://pastebin.com/bSh1RXLN
"
pundit_ninja wrote:
Boss dmg really low for me. I was dps-check by A9. What am I doing wrong.

https://pastebin.com/bSh1RXLN

I did a quick look at your POB, good setup. You have the right foundation from what I can see. Yet, first thing I saw was the obvious of leveling and quality current gems and getting 100% chance to hit. This alone gives you a 48% increase in dmg.
Then gear wise, double curse and then get despair (BIG DAMAGE) on ring or glove corrupt for it. Bless that bow, tailwind boots, just some quick little things I saw.
It's gonna take a some work, but you got this friend =)
Last edited by BedHeadDavy on May 16, 2021, 7:44:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info