(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Does the 'Phasing on kill' of Abyssal Jewels works with Totems?
"
Apostolos wrote:
Thats odd because (and I am probably doing something wrong I guess) because I have gone over 250 alts and not hit +1 totems even once. (lvl 79 shaper fossilized spirit shield)

You just have really bad luck. According to data mining there is about a 1.146% chance of hitting +1 totems, which means that per 100 alts you have a 68% chance to hit it once. Out of 250 alts you have a 94% chance to hit it at least once.

To calculate this it:

1 - ((1 - % Success) ^ Attempts) = 1 - ((1 - 0.01146) ^ 100) = 68.419%
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Sep 9, 2019, 1:30:38 PM
"
Apostolos wrote:
Thats odd because (and I am probably doing something wrong I guess) because I have gone over 250 alts and not hit +1 totems even once. (lvl 79 shaper fossilized spirit shield)

I just got this shield yesterday with less than 50 alterations ;x

"
Magisch wrote:
Managed to pull together every bit of currency I had and was able to snipe the prophecy for this beauty for 6.9 exa:

Lucky!
I'm lvl 81 and have had less than a dozen Chaos drop for me. This league is my worst one so far with currency.
Legion league I had 4 Ex drop for me by the time I hit 75 lol.
"
Gulch wrote:
"
rotheee wrote:
so we selfcast frostbomb + curse ..
what if we do at least frostbombv in a trigger setup in the weapon?

Even if you could do that, your damage would suffer quite a bit.
And then you'd have a spare 4-link. What would you put in there?

a phaserun setup i guess
I love this build. been using a variant for about 4 leagues now. But I am having an issue this league that perhaps someone could help. I cannot get the POB skill tree on page 1 to work. No idea why. would someone be so kind as to post another skill tree. the error I get is "INVALID TREE UNKNOWN VERSION NUMBER".
thanks
G
I've been levelling an ice spear totem Ascendant and kinda hate it. Found this build, tried switching gems to freezing pulse and getting a pair of First Snows and feels so much better. Do you think it's viable as Ascendant (hiero and maybe chieftain/occultist)? If yes, what adjustments should i make compared to this build? Thanks

Realized that I forgot to add the regular Path of Exile website skill tree link. Thankfully tinyurl saved it from being too big for the current word count limit.

Unfortunately since I haven't had time to sit down and really solve that word count limit, I haven't been able to update the 3.8 videos section. While I haven't tackled Shaper just yet, I have been recording a sort of progress diary on my YouTube channel each day with various notes from league starting with this build. Feel free to check those out if you want to see the general progression arc that I've gone through this league:

[Blight] League Start Progress - Day 1

[Blight] League Start Progress - Day 2

[Blight] League Start Progress - Day 2

"
gmac wrote:
I love this build. been using a variant for about 4 leagues now. But I am having an issue this league that perhaps someone could help. I cannot get the POB skill tree on page 1 to work. No idea why. would someone be so kind as to post another skill tree. the error I get is "INVALID TREE UNKNOWN VERSION NUMBER".
thanks
G

Is anyone else encountering this when trying to import the latest pastebin? Please double check that your Path of Building is updated to the latest version (the button in the bottom left-hand corner).

"
matesasd wrote:
I've been levelling an ice spear totem Ascendant and kinda hate it. Found this build, tried switching gems to freezing pulse and getting a pair of First Snows and feels so much better. Do you think it's viable as Ascendant (hiero and maybe chieftain/occultist)? If yes, what adjustments should i make compared to this build? Thanks

I don't see any reason it wouldn't be viable, though it would take some significant tree tweaks since Ascendant is a whole different ball game in terms of passives. Ice Spear and Freezing Pulse have the exact same tags and damage types, so other than not needing any outside pierce considerations, you should be able to use roughly the exact same build plan you were for Ice spear, other than jewel swaps.
Anyone suggest what we should quality in terms of gems and what are fine as 20/0 gems?
what do we think about precision aura? lv 1 only 22 mana and it gives us 40% crit chance, plus we can use its watcher's eye
better than clear mind?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info