[3.6] Purifying Flame Chieftain | 5mil+ DPS and 7.5k+ Life | All content viable

"
NSUCK wrote:
"
Anbokr wrote:
"
sporicle wrote:
Looks really awesome, am gonna have to try in SSF

Why do you take the Righteous Decree and Dynamo notables? Is mana really that much of an issue? seems like you could get more damage or life out of those skill points.

Mana does become an issue especially if you have a staff supported by a 7th link like arcane surge or power charge on crit and when you reach high levels of cast speed. Gotta overcome that through mana reduction, high mana regen, clarity, etc... unless you want to use a mana flask (which I hate doing).

One good way is just a watcher's eye with the %chance to gain %of max mana mod, that instantly solves most mana issues.

Can confirm the watcher's eye mod. I use this eye, and have 260 mana w/ lots of cast speed. I run out very rarely.

Yep, great mod. I used a 1 zealotry mod + that clarity mod watcher's eye originally and it served me well for a long time. Was very cheap near the start of the league, something like 60c. Fixes any mana issues instantly.
Last edited by Anbokr on Mar 26, 2019, 2:15:19 AM

I bought this staff for 15c and then six socketed and six linked in 100 fusings. This staff only has one of the three major affixes you said we are looking for. But it has fire damage and cast speed and more cast speed after killing recently. Would there be a huge damage difference between this staff and the dream staff like the one you have? Also, loving the build so thanks!!
Any consideration of pathing to whispers of doom or getting a +1 curse and running warlords mark for mana sustain?

Edit: Expanding on this I was thinking you could drop the 3 nodes in Dynamo, drop 2 nodes by Righteous Decree, and connect instead through Holy Dominion?

Edit 2: Expanding on this further you could change the 4 link RF to be Vaal RF - CWDT - IC - warlords mark.
Last edited by soultari on Mar 26, 2019, 12:15:52 PM
Can I ask what mods were on your cheaper staff? Only one in ssc is 35ex and i dont feel like paying that.
Can you add Pantheon selection to the Guide? Thanks!
All that and a bag of chips!
"
soultari wrote:
Any consideration of pathing to whispers of doom or getting a +1 curse and running warlords mark for mana sustain?

Edit: Expanding on this I was thinking you could drop the 3 nodes in Dynamo, drop 2 nodes by Righteous Decree, and connect instead through Holy Dominion?

Edit 2: Expanding on this further you could change the 4 link RF to be Vaal RF - CWDT - IC - warlords mark.

Sounds plausible, the tree has a lot of small malleability based on individual needs. Warlord's mark is definitely a way to solve mana issues which allows for dropping that mana + life wheel pathing and opens up other nodes.

A couple people also asked me why I take the cold cast speed / cold rez node, that's just to cap out my individual cold res, if you're good on cold res, you don't have to take it :).

"
Mooginator wrote:
Can you add Pantheon selection to the Guide? Thanks!

Will add later today.

"
Ladoona wrote:
Can I ask what mods were on your cheaper staff? Only one in ssc is 35ex and i dont feel like paying that.

For sure, will add what to look for in a budget staff later today under the gearing section.

I updated the gearing section in general with some general mods to look for on various pieces. For rares your mostly looking at just high life and capping out your resistances. Most important key mods though are getting %life recovery out of your belt slot and %phys damage gained as extra fire damage on amulet.
Last edited by Anbokr on Mar 26, 2019, 1:43:24 PM
Added a list of some staff mods to look for other than the big 3, and added a Pantheon section towards the bottom.
Thanks for this build, I'm rerolling right now! Cant wait to try it out ! :D
I think this will be my next build this league, so I made a build planner spreadsheet. Check it out here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HvnVPsYs-h10zV2ZzffBIGydvtEuFCIGsN-slNy0AmU/edit?usp=sharing

Please make a copy if you want to edit. Pay attention to comments. The checkboxes are to check that you have all the right gems.
Last edited by Neomeris85 on Mar 27, 2019, 12:36:35 PM
Thanks for this. After rolling another build that wash't clicking with me this one sucked me right back into the league. Very fun running around as a flaming thicc boi caster. Love how scalable this build is, even in very budget gear i'm stomping through content that i'm in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info