[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

Hi Guys,

I'm confuse where I should invest my currency.
Right now I have 2 exalted orb I can invest in my gear.
They are not so good but I think my weapon aren't bad either, I'm 5-linking a loreweave so I will change my armor soon.

In you opinion, what should I use those 2 exalted orbs for?

Thank you

Your arcane surge is at level 3 which means that it will only be activated when an ability uses more than 17 mana, but the brand recall is only using 15 mana which means that the arcane surge cannot be activated.
Essence worm is juts 5 chaos, buy it.
Choir of the stomr is 10 chaos (if you intend to use arcmage try to get one with as much mana as possible), BUY.
I do not recommend that you try to buy lorewave before the other items, as leaving it with 6 links can be difficult.
Regarding the daggers I recommend that you buy a Rune Dagger with the influence of The Crusader item lvl 80+ and then you use a Deafening Essence of Scorn for crafting (you may be lucky or not).
Kaom's Roots, buy with at least +195 maximum health.
Buy the helmet with increased damage from the storm brand or lightning penetration, watch out for statistics to use the helmet

Now comes the difficult part, managing your other equipment (and skill tree) to achieve the maximum resistance to the elements possible, already try to close 78% due to Lorewave.
My equipment for example:
"
Kep wrote:
"
krazydude wrote:
Been following this build for 3.10
Have the following gear

All of them were cheap and I'm currently farming maps for currency. I guess any further improvement to my current gear requires a lot of currency. Also I didn't go Mind Over Matter and instead used the points for Cluster jewel tree. The build can clear maps just fine but it's the league mechanic that is difficult I guess.. seems like most people in general with any build are struggling with the Deliriums. Nice build though it feels difficult pressing a lot of buttons(Flasks, shield charge, brand recall, recasting storm brand when necessary) XD

Any suggestions on what to upgrade next as the top priority are welcome!

Not to be offensive, but: Did you really lecture BICHOVERDE on how bad his (quite good, tbh) weapon is while asking for upgrade choices on your character (which has stuff all over the place?)

Your Amulet is allocating a passive that you actually specced into, you're using Added Cold Damage Support without Hypothermia, running Clarity without even using Archmage (what are you spending any reasonable amount of Mana on?).

Don't take this too seriously, I just think if you criticize someones gear choices you should atleast get your own checked first before asking for help.

I decided to criticize him because he straight up said that the build was bad without stating what his actual problem was.. I took a wild guess and thought it must be the lack of damage (his weapon at level 84 was worse than my weapon I had at 67). Anyways.. Enough of that. You just made me realize how naive I was. I replaced the Anointment in the amulet from Explosive runes to Arcane Potency. I decided to mess around with PoB (which I honestly didn't use much before) and swapped Faster casting out for Hypothermia and saw my DPS went from 290K to 360K.

I did not want to go Archmage. If I wanted to go Archmage I would've picked Hierophant who has access to way more Mana from the ascendancy points.

I didn't want to go MoM too because I already invested too many points on Cluster jewel tree. I didn't pick up the mana nodes and went all in on damage instead of survivability (it's a personal choice no matter how stupid it is). Anyways thank you for your comment. I did not take it in any wrong way. You were being straightforward and offered constructive criticism and actually helped me improve my character. I respect that. Thank you!
Last edited by krazydude on Apr 1, 2020, 6:10:34 PM
"
marcelovp wrote:
Your arcane surge is at level 3 which means that it will only be activated when an ability uses more than 17 mana, but the brand recall is only using 15 mana which means that the arcane surge cannot be activated.
Essence worm is juts 5 chaos, buy it.
Choir of the stomr is 10 chaos (if you intend to use arcmage try to get one with as much mana as possible), BUY.
I do not recommend that you try to buy lorewave before the other items, as leaving it with 6 links can be difficult.
Regarding the daggers I recommend that you buy a Rune Dagger with the influence of The Crusader item lvl 80+ and then you use a Deafening Essence of Scorn for crafting (you may be lucky or not).
Kaom's Roots, buy with at least +195 maximum health.
Buy the helmet with increased damage from the storm brand or lightning penetration, watch out for statistics to use the helmet

Now comes the difficult part, managing your other equipment (and skill tree) to achieve the maximum resistance to the elements possible, already try to close 78% due to Lorewave.
My equipment for example:

Thank you very much!
I apologize if this has been asked already, but I'm wondering if there's a progression beyond this build or if endgame is essentially just squeezing more hp/res out of rares/etc. For instance, I'm curious if switching to ES over life is suitable given a big enough wallet, and if there's real advantages to it over having MoM/Acro, etc. I have not tried going the Kaoms Roots route yet, but in testing, the lack of faster run really bothers me in spite of all the movement skills, so I'll cross that path when I get to it (probably just by swapping in resists on a rare helm). I have about 16 exalt to spend (plus sale of gear) so I think I am reasonably flexible.

My end game goal is to be able to run all end game bosses comfortably (ie minimal death even if not at 100% attention), while still being reasonable on maps.

Edit: My only previous character was a glass cannon TS deadeye in a previous league, so I've never actually tried any of the Uber Elder/later bosses. So not sure if I'm in for a surprise once I get there this season in terms of say, "this build can kill them but you have to be 100% focused and make no mistakes"

Last edited by Chronados on Apr 2, 2020, 12:51:51 AM

Bought this beauty for 2 exalts. Poe Trade macro shows a price of 3 to 5 exalts, so I'm pretty happy about the trade. As said before I started using Hypothermia and Added cold damage along with Thunderstruck and Stormrider passives from Large cluster jewel and also Grand Design and Brand loyalty passives from a Medium cluster jewel. Added a Silver flask and now my Dps shows 540K on Storm brand. This is one of the strongest builds I've played in terms of damage. I still haven't picked the mana nodes, MoM and Phase acro but clearing maps just fine.

EDIT : My somewhat upgraded gear after taking Mind over Matter.

POB Damage is now 690K. Have no idea how I can improve it more. Trying out different support gems like Archmage but I still prefer Added cold and Hypothermia for the shatters.
Last edited by krazydude on Apr 4, 2020, 11:27:48 AM
"
krazydude wrote:

Bought this beauty for 2 exalts. Poe Trade macro shows a price of 3 to 5 exalts, so I'm pretty happy about the trade. As said before I started using Hypothermia and Added cold damage along with Thunderstruck and Stormrider passives from Large cluster jewel and also Grand Design and Brand loyalty passives from a Medium cluster jewel. Added a Silver flask and now my Dps shows 540K on Storm brand. This is one of the strongest builds I've played in terms of damage. I still haven't picked the mana nodes, MoM and Phase acro but clearing maps just fine.

EDIT : My somewhat upgraded gear after taking Mind over Matter.

POB Damage is now 690K. Have no idea how I can improve it more. Trying out different support gems like Archmage but I still prefer Added cold and Hypothermia for the shatters.

Just out of curiousity: What options are you checking for that dps to display? Importing your character into PoB and activating flasks + configurations shows 236k for me, wondering what toggles I missed...
Here's my POB.

https://pastebin.com/6VPCWetF

I get 3 Power charges from Stormrider passive.
This build sucks a lot. With current EQ i cant even clear whole map without dying. Lost a lot nerves with this build
This is my PoB.
https://pastebin.com/sgn14GZF
Dps is 92k.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info