[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

Well, the Hierophant ascendancy helps with that..
Last edited by relakz on Mar 17, 2020, 7:39:19 PM
Here is my take on the build:

Still leveling and have crap gear. But this is working really well. Plus I'm using the clusters. I know I can maximize the life/mana. But it's a work in progress currently.

Went dps and got 156% increased damage off of jewel clusters

https://pastebin.com/dGTif8iG ***using pob fork***

Last edited by ana1raptor on Mar 19, 2020, 1:52:46 PM
Got a Pog Jewel for this build but I'm rerolling soon, lmk if anyone wants it.

https://imgur.com/a/zU3zQBW

30% multi
8% ES
Last edited by mlgpawnstar on Mar 21, 2020, 12:34:11 PM
has anyone tried this (playlikejay) version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCWFgnBXWjE

playlikejay takes diff ascendancy

if anyone has tried both, curious which u liked more :)
Lv 66 now ...feels something not "proper" maybe

I am planning transfer to Hierophant
Love the build! I'm on Act 5. Some have mentioned mana issues. I'm running clarity, with all Storm Brand supports in a 6 link Tabula Rosa, and I never have mana issues. I also run Herald of Thunder linked to Life Leech. Worm's Molt belt give me life and mana from attacks. Necklace and rings all give lots of mana.

I had Conductivity linked to Blasphemy, but switched it out recently for Cast When Damage Taken for Molten and Golem.

I prefer the visual style of Armageddon Brand, but I'm keeping true to this build, even though it's more difficult to see what's happening.

For the most part, I just run through maps and everything dies. It's awesome.

I haven't bought any gear yet, just using what I find, aside from the robe, which was given to me by a friend.
Last edited by Dienaught on Mar 26, 2020, 12:54:59 PM
To all those who write PoG. Why do you think the build is Piece of garbage?
Is it really that bad?

Thinking about trying it and go without any curses and stuff.

Is it even viable endgame to go the skill link he lists at the top?
Links
Storm Brand - Faster Casting - Added Lightning - Increased Crit Strikes - Controlled Destruction - Archmage/Chain/Added Cold*
*Check the Gems and Links section to see what other links might be right for you
Brand Recall - Arcane Surge - Empower/Enhance
Cast When Damage Taken - Molten Shell
Flame Dash
Whirling Blades/Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify
Cast When Damage Taken - Lightning Golem

Without any curses or auras.
Last edited by LordDuckiie on Mar 27, 2020, 9:30:51 PM
"
LordDuckiie wrote:
Is it really that bad?

Links
Storm Brand - Faster Casting - Added Lightning - Increased Crit Strikes - Controlled Destruction - Archmage/Chain/Added Cold*
*Check the Gems and Links section to see what other links might be right for you
Flame Dash

Currently playing exactly this build. Im not in endgame yet (only in t10 maps so far) but im destroying content.(pre-patch I would get oneshot from times to times in delirium, but it doesnt happen anymore since I can see on death effects). You said you wanted to play wihtout aura, no reason you should skip using wrath its a 22% MORE modifier for free. No problem with ditching the curse. Weapon crafting seem to be a bit harder with all the nerfs but I got 2 decent daggers for 30-50c each.

I like the build but I might tweak it a bit to make use of new archmage support (get more mana) and play around with the new cluster jewels. This is still a very viable build nonetheless. (im still pretty noobie at the game). feel free to refer to my profile for gear/passives/links (it might not be optimal but it works)
"
VicTiiimZz wrote:
"
LordDuckiie wrote:
Is it really that bad?

Links
Flame Dash

Currently playing exactly this build. Im not in endgame yet (only in t10 maps so far) but im destroying content.(pre-patch I would get oneshot from times to times in delirium, but it doesnt happen anymore since I can see on death effects). You said you wanted to play wihtout aura, no reason you should skip using wrath its a 22% MORE modifier for free. No problem with ditching the curse. Weapon crafting seem to be a bit harder with all the nerfs but I got 2 decent daggers for 30-50c each.

I like the build but I might tweak it a bit to make use of new archmage support (get more mana) and play around with the new cluster jewels. This is still a very viable build nonetheless. (im still pretty noobie at the game). feel free to refer to my profile for gear/passives/links (it might not be optimal but it works)

Ok :) I have a severe case of ADHD so for me to have too many active skills is a pain in the ass xD
That why a wanted to see if the build is endgame viable with just the skill setup he listed in the top of the guide :)
Wrath is, of course, ok since its a one time use, but all the curse skills and using wave of conviction in some builds is too much :P

Also do i NEED to use stuff like frostbomb or orb of storm? Hate it when builds need to use stuff like that with the main skill to do damage endgame :/
Last edited by LordDuckiie on Mar 28, 2020, 4:07:05 PM
"
LordDuckiie wrote:
"
VicTiiimZz wrote:
"
LordDuckiie wrote:
Is it really that bad?

Links
Flame Dash

Ok :) I have a severe case of ADHD so for me to have too many active skills is a pain in the ass xD
That why a wanted to see if the build is endgame viable with just the skill setup he listed in the top of the guide :)
Wrath is, of course, ok since its a one time use, but all the curse skills and using wave of conviction in some builds is too much :P

Also do i NEED to use stuff like frostbomb or orb of storm? Hate it when builds need to use stuff like that with the main skill to do damage endgame :/

Whirling blade to move around, golem in cast on damage taken, steelskin on cast when damage taken,you have have to cast 5 brands in beginging of a map, then you refresh it with brand recall every 4-5 seconds. And decoy totem for bosses/ hard packs of yellow mobs. Whirling blade, brand recalls, totem and potions will be all you need.
Last edited by VicTiiimZz on Mar 28, 2020, 8:11:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info