[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

Hello and thx for the build. It is exactly as described, beginner friendly etc.
I don't see any heralds, i find particularly useful herald of ice, although i am trying to use H of thunder as of now. Do we skip heralds to increase MoM viability?

Furthermore, I find that the tree is kinda short, could you pleases update it, cause right now i have all passives described in final tree and i am 85 instead of 92. I only have 2 extra passives from bandits quest line.

Also could you post a Best in slot gear in order for those progressing to maps, to have target items to look for?

Finally, I ll appreciate any comment regarding my gear, jewels, gems etc.

Thx again
He addresses the herald's (Gem Links>Aura Section)

Heralds/Aspects/Arctic Armor/Curse-Blasphemy. Pre-Mind-Over-Matter you can consider using Heralds but I dislike using these at the cost of effective health later in the game. Wrath is really all you need.

You're missing Blood Siphon node on your tree. You also grabbed some extra over by Holy Dominion. But yes, you will end up with a couple extra.

He lists the gear (In-depth guide part) in the gear section and it's pretty spot on from my experience.

Last edited by Draginclaw on Mar 26, 2019, 9:02:20 AM
Hi,
Thank you for the great build. One question: i managed to buy, link and color a Loreweave (78 res) for less than 200c so i copied your setup in the 3.5 gear section. With these gems (hypotermia and so on...) i lose almost 5k dps. Is it worthy or should I try to come back to 6 blue setup?
Thank you
Hey thi3n, thanks for the build! Enjoying it a lot, and steadily moving up the map ranks :)

I recently found an Inpulsa's, and was super-lucky in 6-linking it. Is there a reason (other than the price) that you didn't include as recommended?
"
Draginclaw wrote:
He addresses the herald's (Gem Links>Aura Section)

Heralds/Aspects/Arctic Armor/Curse-Blasphemy. Pre-Mind-Over-Matter you can consider using Heralds but I dislike using these at the cost of effective health later in the game. Wrath is really all you need.

You're missing Blood Siphon node on your tree. You also grabbed some extra over by Holy Dominion. But yes, you will end up with a couple extra.

He lists the gear (In-depth guide part) in the gear section and it's pretty spot on from my experience.

Thank you very much

Hello Everyone,

I've been playing this build recently and I'm quite enjoying it. Enough to invest a few exalts into it:)

Anyway, I'm about to make my Uber Elder attempt. Can someone please evaluate my gear and let me know what should I improve?

As you can see I still have one open slot on both of my daggers. Would it be beneficial to craft "Adds # Lightning Damage to Spells" on them? Sadly I don't have access to the "Non-Chaos Into Chaos" mod:( I'm asking because I was trying to simulate this craft in POB and my damage went down. Not sure if I did something wrong, POB is not accurate or this indeed is a downgrade instead of an upgrade.

And yes, I do know that a 6B chest would be better, but at this moment that's all I have.

My ingame stats in HO with Wrath:
- Life: 5.15k
- Mana: 1.7k
- Storm Brand Damage Per Use: 17223 (18.5k with Atziri's Promise)
- Spell Crit Chance: 66%
- Spell Crit Multiplier: 592%

Do you think those numbers are high enough to try Uber Elder?

Many thanks for your assistance.

W.
@wrozansk I might be wrong, but I believe that "adds lightning damage to spells" on daggers is "local". That is, this mod would only help if the gem is fit on the dagger, or the dagger makes a "hit" with the skill---I am not clear on the details here, but hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in soon.

Here is some old info on it, which I believe is still relevant: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/84366
It can't be local because it adds lightning damage to spells not modifying the dagger itself in any way, you can confirm it by looking at other weapons with this craft added to them, only blue properties on them would be from quality increasing damage.

EDIT To the person asking: You should consider replacing your Empower gem in 6link with either Concentrated Effect or Faster Casting both of which would likely improve your overall dps; your gear looks more than enough for Uber Elder in any case.
Last edited by Voeid on Mar 27, 2019, 1:46:46 AM
And my first Uber Elder kill done:) Second attempt, two deaths, one from my stupidity (tip: don't try to recast Storm Brand when there are Shaper balls in your face), second one shot from a Shaper slam I didn't dodge.

After my first attempt I decided to try and craft the "Lightning DMG to Spells" on both daggers. Dmg per use went up from 17223 to 19686. Almost 15% increase. The difference was quite noticeable during the second attempt.

So, mission complete, time to go mapping with the build till the end of the month and try another one.

Regards,

W.
Is Kaom's Roots really worth losing 15% chance to evade? I didn't plan towards evade, but that is what I ended up with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info