[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

Shield Charge / Whirling Blades are terrible for this league.

Has anyone tried taking the consecrated ground ascendancy branch instead of the two 2-pointers? Any feedback?
I am looking for new items to improve dmg.
5.5k life, 2k mana, 75@res in h/o. But dmg is arround 9k (i need more).

Can anyone explain why getting x of non chaos damage as extra chaos damage such a priority? My chaos resistance is -60 so I don't see how getting more chaos damage is beneficial - won't i die faster?

Thanks
"
I'm thinking of getting Watcher's Eye. It sometimes comes up cheap with just the leech mana mod for Wrath. Is this very valuable for this build? Mana leech sounds good given Mind Over Matter, but I can't tell how truly useful it would be.
Watchers Eye mods are definitely a luxury with the build.

As a content creator I usually have two roads to take with builds. 1) Show people the absolute endgame min/maxed version that destroys everything and scare away players on a budget. 2) Do a modest league-starter version with pedestrian gear that scares away the PoB Tooltip warriors. If I post some insane triple Wrath watchers eye in my build newer players will shy away from playing the build as gear like that is seen as unobtainable and thus the build is unplayable.

Just a reminder that the guide is just a guideline and the core skill gem of Storm Brand is strong enough to allow players to experiment with different supports/ascendancy/gear options.

"
Is flat lightning dmg to spells not important on the daggers?
Flat lightning damage to spells is a fine stat just not as impactful as some others for most builds. My stat priority for the weapon spot taken from the guide:

Life (if shield) - Gain as Chaos - Multi - Crit with Spells - Spell Damage - Attack Speed

"
Can I use Scepters? I really like leap slamming.
Yes. The guide is just a guideline.

"
Is lightning penetration good for this build? Or should I try to sell this?
penetration is not a useful if going Inevitable Judgement. Maybe after getting a ton of penetration stats moving away from IJ and picking up the consecrated ground nodes could be an interesting adaptation to the build.

"
Sweet build so far so easy to map and kill bosses. I'm at power level 85 and having a hell of a time on the spike traps in trials of ascendancy. How the heck do you survive those spinning spikes and even the ones that come up from the ground, and sometimes the random shooting totems that shoot you in those trials. I can breeze through T1-9 maps without any trouble (haven't got any higher yet) but die so much in these trials/uber lab.

Thanks for the tips
Instant bleed removal flask helps a ton. Consider switching your pantheon powers to Arakali and Ryslatha.

"
This may be weird, but I am in the end game looking to min/max this build and you recommend searching for jewels with alternative forms of crit multi so as to open up more options, but you suggest "crit multi with cold skills" as an alternate, wouldn't it be lightning or am I missing something?

Why do you recommend "crit multi with cold skills" as an alternate instead of "crit multi with lightning skills"?
Was a typo - changed to lightning.

"
Shield Charge / Whirling Blades are terrible for this league.

Has anyone tried taking the consecrated ground ascendancy branch instead of the two 2-pointers? Any feedback?
I still use whirling blades as a way to proc fortify and in my case culling strike but if you dislike them they aren't required for the build.

I think at end-game levels of gear stacking penetration and dropping IJ for the consecrated ground nodes could be very interesting. I haven't seen anyone do this yet though.

"
Can anyone explain why getting x of non chaos damage as extra chaos damage such a priority? My chaos resistance is -60 so I don't see how getting more chaos damage is beneficial - won't i die faster?

Thanks
This is not a defensive stat it's for offense. Elemental gained as Chaos can be viewed as a more multiplier (for the first instance you get) and additional sources become additive with that.

"
ILYILY wrote:
I am looking for new items to improve dmg.
5.5k life, 2k mana, 75@res in h/o. But dmg is arround 9k (i need more).

I will bump my question since i dont know what next is important to upgrade.
I invested also for new ammy and ring, that was huge boost.

Now i have:
5.3k life
2k mana still
75@ res in HO
11k dmg in HO

What should i change? Better weapon? or dual weapon will be better than shield + weapon? I know i will lose some life and mana but maybe it is worth to do? HELP PLS :)

Thank you for your response, glad it was a typo and not me being crazy. Appreciate the guide my first league back in a while and this has been a blast to play, wish I had gotten in on it last league when it was OP (acorrding to GGG due to nerf). Thanks again.

Can i do T16 maps and end-game bosses like shaper with this items? I can do T13 maps right now with some deaths..
Which ring is better for this build? The Warlord one sucks otherwise, but that seems like such a great mod.

"
Which ring is better for this build? The Warlord one sucks otherwise, but that seems like such a great mod.

Warlords gives u endu charge, its huge boost + life/mana leech.
is the divinarius a good unique dagger to use? Im having trouble finding good rare daggers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info